I'm home from the castle! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home from the castle! I'm home from the castle!

Unread 09-08-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm home from the castle!

Hi LadiesLucida ConsoleSienna
Wanted to let you all know that all is well! My LATH was Sept. 5th at 11:00 a.m.
I did really well before my surgery in the Pre-Op room, I was cool, calm and collected. I was taken to surgery at 11:00 a.m. and I actually woke up in the surgery room on my own. Surprised everyone. Thank God they were done with my surgery! My surgery was about 2 hrs long. They wheeled me into recovery where I was bright eyed and bushy tailed. The nurses couldn't believe it. I was in recovery for about 45 minutes before they took me to my room where my entourage was waiting.
I told the nurse I wanted to get up and walk and do some laps that evening. So around 8:00 I was walking my lap around the corridor. I finally decided that I would try and go to sleep around 10:00 or so. If any of you ladies plan on getting any sleep the first night of your stay, get that straight out of you minds now! Knowing myself, I was prepared that I wouldn't get much sleep and I didn't, it was a looonnnggg night! As soon as I would dose off, guess what? yep you guessed it, that d*!@ nurse would come in! They were really nice about it though, and I know they were doing their job and without them, I would of been lost.
I finally told the nurse about 4 a.m. when he was finished doing his rounds that I would like to take a couple laps around. So at 6:00 I was up and at it again. They all said I was doing extrodinarly well, they were amazed.
I ended up getting some really really bad gas pains mid morning that about threw me for a loop! They gave me something for it and I was able to relax enough to get in the shower get dressed and I was outta there!
It's been 3 days post op, and I am doing well. The worse problem that I had was the gas build up from the surgery, it decided to rest up in my ribs and shoulders. Finally today, I was able to relieve all the gas and that discomfort is gone. Little tender today and more sleepy then I have been the past 2 days, but everything keeps getting better and better.
Well there are other things that I didn't mention, but this thread just keeps getting longer and longer. I don't want to bore all of you to death!
If you have any questions that I may be able to answer for you, feel free to ask.
Good luck to all you ladies in waiting. I am sure your stories will all have a great out come as well.
Thanks so much to all the other ladies, for your advice, support and well wishes. It made my experience so much easier mentally and physically.
Love and to you all!
Brenda
(Multiple Fibroid Tumors, Enlarge Uterus, Andenomyosis, Heavy Bleeding) All is gone now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2006, 07:57 PM

Welcome home, Brenda!!

Sounds like you're doing amazingly well!! Wow, walking laps an all, just within hours of your surgery too. Good job! Atta girl!

So, you went home after a day in the castle?? Remember to take it easy, don't do too much too soon. Hope some of your entourage is still on hand.
And sounds like you're getting some of that sleep you missed out on in the castle too. That's nice, cause there's really no place like home.

MitzieMoo
Unread 09-08-2006, 08:34 PM

Thanks for your well wishes. You are right, I am catching up on my sleep now that I am home. Needed that more then anything! Helps the healing process. I do have some one here taking good care of me and making sure I don't do too much. I really do need to watch myself, I am usually the caretaker so the switching role thing is hard at times. But I don't have a choice if I want to continue down the road of recovery.
My body does remind me that I had major surgery, and to slow down, which is exactly what I am doing and will continue to do.
Thanks for the vote of confidence!!
Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2006, 06:48 AM

Welcome home, !

I'm glad you're doing well. Remember your Hyster Sisters training -- lots of , drink your water, take your walks (as you've heard me say before, if you drink your water, those walks will take care of themselves ), repeat as necessary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register