UNsure of when and how "they" are going to do it to me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

UNsure of when and how "they" are going to do it to me UNsure of when and how "they" are going to do it to me

Unread 10-28-2003, 05:07 AM
UNsure of when and how "they" are going to do it to me

Hi All- I look forward to your replies and experience and hope- right now all I am feeling is that it is an inconvenience to those at work and at home and I just have to deal with whatever "they" throw at me. I have been on Lupron for 2 injections and will have another ultra sound 11/10 to tell if its working. I am currently scheduled to go to the castle 12/9 and have no idea if it will be vaginal or abdominal. I guess all I can do is wait and see. And I don't know if I can stand another lupron injection. I just don't know how to deal with the flashes- argh!! cut coffee and wear layers.
Dr. says he will plan on a vaginal (LAS) but to be prepared for abdonimal- I am diabetic and on the pump and have discussed that fully with him- and thankfully he is very comfortable with the working of the insulin pump. Its planning the recovery thats getting me as I have no clue what will happen and what I need to be prepared to do and not do- I will be a princess and accept very gratefully all the love and help that I can- but HOW long will it be? I don't have that much flexability at work.
I think I am ranting (in fear) more than asking- thanks for ALL your help!!! Its bestest since I know I am not alone on this voyage
hugs-
Zelda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2003, 07:13 AM

Just keep reminding yourself it will all be okay and Pray! I'm going in on 11/6 and have no idea what I will wake up to. Scheduled for a LAVH but because I have scar tissue he won't know till he looks inside what will need to be done. My plan is prepare for the abdominal and hope for the lap. The waiting is the hardest because you have so much time to think about all the what if's but i have found that keeping busy helps me. I am making all kinds of lists for my DH and DS, helping them get educated on how to help me, making sure the house starts out nice and clean and doing what I can do now to make it easier on all of us later.

Stay positive and stay busy and rest in the assurance that all will be well.

LadyJewel
Unread 10-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Unsure

the waiting is killing me. I am scheduled 11/6 also. I have another ultrasound scheduled for Friday to decide on ovaries. So I may go either way. Just hang in there and try to take your mind off of it. I know easier to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2003, 08:09 AM

Thanks for communicating your similar situations- its hard not having a clue what to expect. And the DH doesn't want to know a thing if he can help it- I hope the next ultra sound will make me more comforatable about what to expect in December. I can't believe I have to wait a whole 'nother month!!!!!!! I hope no more shots- but the hot flashes and headaches will stick around for a while after- I am keeping cervix and ovaries......
I 'm think of you all as your days approach- thanks so much for the replies!!

Z
Unread 10-28-2003, 09:30 AM

I'm in the same boat as you, I think! I'm scheduled to get Lupron later this week (the 3-month shot) and then have surgery early next year. If the fibroids shrink enough I will have LSH and if not TAH. I had Lupron before my hysteroscopy in 2001 and had very few bad effects from it, so am hoping for the same this time. Hang in there!!
Unread 10-28-2003, 09:39 AM

Personally, I'd plan on a six week recovery no matter what kind of surgery you have. With a TAH the incision heals pretty quickly - it's all that stuff they do inside that takes time to heal.

I know the uncertainty is nerve wracking. But soon you'll all be feeling so much better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register