Here's what I'm not gonna' miss: - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Here's what I'm not gonna' miss: Here's what I'm not gonna' miss:

Unread 01-18-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm not going miss

That awful feeling of flooding and passing clots. The ones that make you have to pause in your walking because you are so sure it's going to go down your legs and into the shoes.

The 5-second clean pad - you go to the bathroom, get all cleaned up and feel somewhat refreshed. Only to leave the bathroom and have an instant flood before you get to the living room. All you can do is whine, turn around and go thru the whole process again.

Or bleeding on your chair at work and a co-worker cleans it up for you while you are in the bathroom cleaning yourself. I was so embarassed, I didn't ask her to, but she didn't want the guys to see it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Here's what I'm not gonna' miss:

What I DON'T miss:

Stained Sheets

Midnight Showers (Alone) to clean up

Stopping at the 7-11 to pick up tampons and pads every time we get 20 miles from the house on our way camping. (My uterus didn't follow a calendar, it followed my activities)

Dark colored underwear

My handy-dadny PEZ dispenser I had retrofitted to fit Pamprin

What I've learned to love:

Sleeping through the night without the worry

Midnight showers WITH the DH just for fun ~

Stopping at the 7-11 only to pick up ice for the coolers when I go camping

New UNSTAINED underwear in each and every color!!

My body ) It's nice to feel good again!

"Thank God Almighty, I'm Free at Last!"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Who thought a man could know so much
Unread 01-18-2004, 08:39 PM

Diva!!

I love your "What I love" answers!! I can't wait to love those things too! Thanks for making me smile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2004, 09:15 PM

You're very welcome I thought you might want to know that there is some ''good'' to replace the ''bad'' on the other side I see you're going to the castle Tuesday, my prayers will be with you. The journey is long, but the rewards on the ''other side'' are soooooooooo worth it. I'm 10 weeks post op this Wednesday. I feel incredible, 98% recovery so far (just still some numbness around the incision) But no more pain, no more bleeding, no more ''toxins'' trying to leach through my skin (I was breaking out like a teenager! YUCK!) and I'm actually starting to LOSE weight!! woooooooo hoooooooooooooo!!

Best of Luck
Marchette
TAH/BSO
Libby, MT
11-19-2003
Unread 01-18-2004, 09:19 PM

I DEFINITELY won't miss the feeling of sudden flooding and clots... especially after sitting in a two hour meeting and then standing up (uh oh)... wondering.... am I going to make it to the bathroom BEFORE it makes it to my shoes. YUCK!

I won't miss the anger at men every month... they have it so easy.

I won't miss feeling like I've been run over by a steamroller and can't peel myself out of bed.

I won't miss the "should I go to the bathroom now, or can I wait" question! (Usually, the answer is NOW!)

I won't miss wondering if the guys I work with wonder if I have a bladder or bowel problem because I'm in the can so much.

I won't miss standing talking to a male co-worker and wondering if the clot that I just passed will be absorbed enough so that I can get to the bathroom discreetly without having to scream "GANG WAY!"

I won't miss getting up off of someone's couch/chair and checking to make sure I didn't leave a "special gift".

I won't miss the wad o' paper between my legs.

I won't miss going through the grocery line with 86 packages of various and sundry "feminine products" only to see the male teenaged bagger turn red. Ugh.

I won't miss hating myself, my family, my friends, my co-workers, the drivers next to/in front of/behind me, the mailperson, the neighbor, the neighbor's dog, the guy in the little booth at the gas station, etc., etc., etc., for a week before my period.

I won't miss throwing up because my stupid "before my period migraine" is so bad.

I just flat-out won't miss it.

:-)
Unread 01-18-2004, 10:56 PM
living again

Yep, I was a mess too! Wore black all the time! Our vacations or beach trips were schedualed according to my periods, but at the end they were not on schedual. Afraid to be overnight houseguests at friends house. Be the party pooper most of the time! Afraid of messing up your own car or ride in your husband's brand new truck, or a friend's car, or a chair at work! I Knew where 'loos' were exactely in stores, fast foods (I don't even eat fast foods). Now I am liberated! Will go back on our whitewater river trips, and will buy white swimsuits!!!!!!!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Ikoyi
Unread 01-19-2004, 12:03 AM

Hmmm, what won't I miss? Let's see:

I won't miss having to wash the sheets every day due to overnight flooding.

I won't miss the "period" panties.

I won't miss the cramping, nausea, headaches...or the clots, the daily pain, and the injections.

I won't miss scheduling sex around my flow.

I won't miss trying to explain to my 4 year old why Mommy is bleeding (ever been asked how you got an owie there? lol)

I won't miss hovering around the bathroom.

I won't miss being asked "when are you due?".

I won't miss going to the docs at least once a month for shots, meds, etc.

I won't miss having to make runs to the store specifically for pads/tampons/ whatever.

Oh, how I do look forward to being free from all of this!
Unread 01-19-2004, 01:31 AM
I won't miss..

I won't miss:
Having my brother's in law all know when I have AF, because I'm in so much pain it's quite obvious. Nothing like having to leave work early, can't make it home, stop at brother in law's house to throw up and roll around in pain on the floor, only to have his roommate come home. Argh.

HUGE boxes of tampons taking up space in my teeny tiny 50's size bathroom. That space could be used by valuable and fun makeup and perfume. : )

Having to check the calendar whenever we're invited somewhere, to see if it possibly runs into the cycle.

Having the huge weight of knowing pain is coming EVERY month.

Won't miss having sex that hurts (and not in a good way, lol) because of endo and fibroids.

Granny panties. I'm gonna go out and get some cute ones and toss those!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register