Got my date!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got my date!!!! Got my date!!!!

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Got my date!!!!

Just got my date (October 29) and scared to death! Have to have biopsy prior to surgery (October 22) and have severe nausea and pain...not sure I can hold on that long...hope I get some relief from the total hysterectomy. I am a 37 year old female with a huge fibroid tumor on uterus wall and several other smaller ones inside uterus, and several cysts on each ovary. Left ovary 3x the size of the right. I am very tired, back ache, cramping, nauseated, hot flashes and worried!!! This is going to be a long wait.......as I am impatient at times.....how am I gonna get through this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Got my date!!!!

I feel for you! I'm in the same boat. When I scheduled my hysterectomy, I had over 6 weeks wait, now just over 3. It's very hard to wait......it's driving me nuts. Staying busy helps a lot, and of course, coming here!

Time does pass, faster than you think.

Hang In There!

Christine
Unread 10-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Got my date!!!!

the wait it truly the hardest part. i wish you the best of luck with your surgery and recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Got my date!!!!

Thank you!
Unread 10-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Got my date!!!!

Hi, Loralee,
I got my date today too-- it's just the day after yours.
Sounds like you are having some terrible symptoms now and I'm sorry to hear that. :-(

Hang in there... we are here to help.

- Lysippe
Unread 10-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Got my date!!!!

Hi
Just wanted to say hi! waiting (i hope) is definetely the hardest part. I am scheduled for hysterectomy on Oct23rd, pelvic floor repair also. Last period is due next week so that's got to be something good.... no more extreme bleeding and embarrassing moments!!!

Take Care- we are together on the count down

Heather - 40
Unread 10-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Got my date!!!!

I'm scheduled for October 29th also. It is hard to wait (it's about all I can think about these days)! I'm sorry you are in so much pain.
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Got my date!!!!

Hello Loralee:

Boy, we sure are a lot alike. I am 43 and have fibroids and polyps in uterine wall. I also have fibroids and polyps in uterus (again). I had a hysteroscopy and D&C about 4 years ago to remove fibroids in uterus - but they're back. My uterus is 3x the size it's supppsed to be and I feel swollen all the time. I look very pregnant but am not!

I am scheduled to have an endometrial biopsy Monday, 10/8 and am nervous for that too. Hubby says he'll go with - but I don't feel it's necessary. I can go alone - will you be going alone for your biopsy? I'm also going to the hospital for my preop lab work 3 weeks ahead of time. I worry because I read that the surgery preop labs are to be done 2 weeks prior, not three. I guess it's not a big deal, right?

I worry, and can't help it. I find a lot of helpful "sisters" here and it's is very calming. I hope you find the same thing as I have.

We can wait together!

Cyndi
Unread 10-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Got my date!!!!

Hi Cyndi,

I am going alone, as my doctor said it is a "simple procedure, done in the office" but to take ibuprofen first.
I hope the preop lab work doesn't have to be done 2 weeks ahead of time since mine is only going to be 1 week....oh well, I have faith that they know what they are doing! I am worried about all of it...but want it done also!

This is a great website I find myself coming here several times a day...

I heard the waiting is the hardest part.....I hope that is true!

Loralee
Unread 10-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Got my date!!!!

Hello Loralee:

Yes, I've read that the waiting is the worst part. If we can get through this, I'm sure the surgery will be a breeze. I've also read that the the surgery feels like it's over in an instant, that will be good. Yes, I've heard that the biopsy is also a simple and quick procedure (10-15 mins) done in the office, but still. I have friends that say the hubby should go for moral support and others who said that he will be totally bored . I think I'll have him stay home. Thanks for your advice. I find myself at the site many times during the day, just like you.

Maybe we will chat another time... That would be nice. Have a good day.

Cyndi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register