Questions for time in the hospital - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions for time in the hospital Questions for time in the hospital

Unread 10-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Questions for time in the hospital

I called ahead to find out that I will be with another woman on the ob/gyn floor. This was based on the insurance that I have, and what coverage is allowed.

I have to pay for my phone, TV and radio if I want those. I will be taking my cell phone and charger. But I think I will be spending the extra money for a TV. Each person has their own set of electronics because of how the room is set-up.

I never would have thought about this until this thread was started. Thank you ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 11:42 AM

extra for phone(I can see long distance but) TV and Radio? How stupid! The hosital I'm going to has a personal sound system that I can listen to my own music or theirs pre, during and post op (not like I will doing much listening when out cold LOL) and it is complimentary. I will NOT be on OB (thank God I think that would be terrible hearing new babies after losing my baby maker. Besides as a doula and CBE I would want to get up and help the women who are laboring lol I will be in short stay instead for prob 3 days
Unread 10-27-2007, 11:52 AM

I took a book, my cell but never used them. I tried to use my Ipod and got really lightheaded and nauseated. The TV took my mind off the pain. I'm glad I took my comfort items, just in case. My Husband was also able to stay with me both nights, made it easier for me to go to the bathroom.

My nurse gave me a great trick for relieving the gas pain - put the bottom of the bed up higher than your trunk, keeping your bottom above your head, the gas bubbles will move up and out naturally. It wasn't all the comfortable, but when I would do this, it helped! I would do that a few times a day, just until the pressure was relieved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 01:11 PM

thanks for the gas tip!
Unread 10-27-2007, 03:47 PM

I was in a private room, which was really nice. I did have a TV - watched it off and on, but mostly slept. If you think you might want to crochet, I'd take it along.

I took a book, magazines, and puzzle books, but never opened any of them. However, everyone is different - better to have it and not need it than to not have it and wish you did.

Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register