Is it normal to feel sad? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it normal to feel sad? Is it normal to feel sad?

Unread 07-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Is it normal to feel sad?

It is getting closer to my surgery date, and I am getting more and more nervous. I don't have anyone around here to really talk to about this. My mom-in-law says, just yank it all out, my mother thinks I am insane to do this. My husband says whatever will stop the pain. Even with his support, I can't tell him how this hurts. We tried for 16 years to get pregnant. No luck. Never could tell my why, just that it never seemed to take. We got lucky and adopted a precious baby boy who is now 10. But even during all those years, there was still this tiny little hope buried down deep that maybe, just maybe, it will still happen. Now with the surgery that hope is gone and I can't tell anyone why I am so upset over this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2003, 06:19 PM

I'm right there with you sister. Your story is very close to mine. Some friends called me the other day to come to lunch. They all know how sick I've been. I was afraid that someone would ask me how I was feeling & I'd break down. I didn't want to answer questions and hear opinions like "have you tried...". I told her that I'd rather not go out with a large group. One-on-one I can handle, but I hate those looks that people give you when they find out the news. Concerning my surgery, I'm focusing on being a better mom/wife. I am so grateful for the life I have been given. Surgery is just what I have to do. It's one of those sooner or later things. I'm trying to look at this as the next phase of my life. I want to live it to the best that I can live. We are only given one shot. I don't want to be dealing with pain for the next 8-15 years. I know a part of me will be sad. I've been dealing with infertility issues since 1991. I've shed many tears, but I've accepted it now. I'm just ready to move on with the next chapter and write a great ending to this story. If you are unsure, please wait. I canceled my surgery last year in November, because there were a few more things I wanted to try. I've tried them. Now I'm ready. I'm so scared, but so ready. (TAH)
Unread 07-03-2003, 07:42 PM

Oh yes, it is very normal to be sad. I waited so long before my hyst was approved, so I was really ready for it. Have dealt with infertility and have a 9 yo adopted DS. One day after surgery I found myself in the bathroom and suddenly it hit, "Oh no, I don't have a uterus, I will never have a baby!" Boy, was I surprised to have all of those darn feelings again! I never would have thought I would be reduced to tears by those thoughts again.

We all go through the stages of greif- it is a loss and even if we are ready for it, it can sneak up on us. But remember, you will be no less a woman because of this surgery. I am so ready to have my life back and am ready to be the kind of wife and mother I've dreamed of...pain and PMS free!

Take Care and Best Wishes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register