Anyone else out there requesting photos of uterus/junk? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > The Polling and Petition Place

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else out there requesting photos of uterus/junk? Anyone else out there requesting photos of uterus/junk?

Unread 02-27-2015, 09:11 AM
Uterus Picture

Did any of you ask for a picture of your uterus or am I the only odd one? Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2015, 05:22 AM
Anyone else out there requesting photos of uterus/junk?

I almost asked for pictures, but I'm glad i didn't because I'd definitely share them inappropriately. I no longer need "proof" that my experience is valid. I left it to my husband to ask if he wanted them. He too needs no proof. I will ask for data later, as in volume, numbers and size. My doctor said that the most difficult part of the surgery was lifting out my uterus and that gave me enough of a visual to satisfy my curiosity.
Unread 08-18-2015, 05:25 AM
Did anyone else here ask for pics?

I asked my surgeon for pics when I was at my pre-op appointment. He seemed a little surprised anyone would want that but I told him I'm a visual person and it would help me process everything if I could see for myself the reason for it. He said "ok well if you bring in a phone with a camera I can have someone in the OR take pictures for you".

I was feeling so nervous the day of surgery I almost told my husband to forget the pics, keep my phone with him. Then the surgeon came in to talk to me and brought up the pics in front of the nurse. I was so glad he did. She has only been on the job for a month and never heard of anyone requesting that. She thought it was weird but kind of cool and said she would be the one to snap them. As I was being wheeled into the OR I was giving her a lesson on how to use my phone camera. She took one photo of me as a practice shot and announced to everyone in the room what she was doing. Another nurse asked if she could photo bomb

Having everyone buzz about pictures being taken really lightened the mood.

When I woke up in recovery the first thing I remember was another nurse handing me my phone so I could put in the code. She heard there were pics and wanted to see them too. I heard one say "aw, she got pics. COOL! I wanna see." As we were going through them I ended up with 3 or 4 more people around me. Reception from the staff who don't normally get to see what comes out was great.

A few people in the my family and friends have been very interested to see and for some it just confirmed in their minds I'm a weirdo but I love my pics. I thought when I asked for them they would one day be deleted from my phone but now I'm thinking I might print them out and keep them as a souvenir. They don't look anything like the pictures I've seen on the internet and my husband and I now refer to my uterus (with fibroids) and large ovarian cyst as our 'alien baby'.

What's your picture story?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2015, 05:45 AM

Hi,
I also got pics. I had the DaVinci
so my doctor have me a copy of the pictures the computer was taking. Really cool I can see when everything was there and then the removal process till done I still have my ovaries and my doctor pointed everything out to me and it is all time stamped I thought it was really cool.
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHoney View Post
I asked my surgeon for pics when I was at my pre-op appointment. He seemed a little surprised anyone would want that but I told him I'm a visual person and it would help me process everything if I could see for myself the reason for it. He said "ok well if you bring in a phone with a camera I can have someone in the OR take pictures for you".

I was feeling so nervous the day of surgery I almost told my husband to forget the pics, keep my phone with him. Then the surgeon came in to talk to me and brought up the pics in front of the nurse. I was so glad he did. She has only been on the job for a month and never heard of anyone requesting that. She thought it was weird but kind of cool and said she would be the one to snap them. As I was being wheeled into the OR I was giving her a lesson on how to use my phone camera. She took one photo of me as a practice shot and announced to everyone in the room what she was doing. Another nurse asked if she could photo bomb

Having everyone buzz about pictures being taken really lightened the mood.

When I woke up in recovery the first thing I remember was another nurse handing me my phone so I could put in the code. She heard there were pics and wanted to see them too. I heard one say "aw, she got pics. COOL! I wanna see." As we were going through them I ended up with 3 or 4 more people around me. Reception from the staff who don't normally get to see what comes out was great.

A few people in the my family and friends have been very interested to see and for some it just confirmed in their minds I'm a weirdo but I love my pics. I thought when I asked for them they would one day be deleted from my phone but now I'm thinking I might print them out and keep them as a souvenir. They don't look anything like the pictures I've seen on the internet and my husband and I now refer to my uterus (with fibroids) and large ovarian cyst as our 'alien baby'.

What's your picture story?
Unread 08-18-2015, 05:47 AM
Re: Did anyone else here ask for pics?

I didn't request pictures, but my doctor actually snapped a few of my uterus with the fibroids in them and sent them to us because it was so large. ( I had 5 softball sized tumors ). My niece, who just got her nursing credentials was ecstatic and showed them to all her nurse friends ... and my gf has been grossing her co-workers out with them. I think it looks like a big woopie cushion.
Unread 08-18-2015, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czieler View Post
?.... and my gf has been grossing her co-workers out with them. I think it looks like a big woopie cushion.
That's awesome

IMO, pictures should be automatic
Unread 08-18-2015, 06:32 AM

I think that's awesome! I'm a nurse and I actually wanted to keep mine. I asked my doctor what she was going to do with them. She then replied if I would like a photo. I was to nervous to ask for more.
I have the picture saved. I show it to a lot of people. I know I'm crazy but the body is amazing. For the record it looks nothing like the drawings you see in the book. Which mine was a double uterus, so I never had any reference. My ovaries are huge also. It helped me understand why I was in so much pain.
Just glad I'm not the only one out there with the picture of her parts.
Unread 08-18-2015, 06:41 AM

I didn't ask or get pictures of mine but a lady who had surgery on the same day did ask and receive photos of hers. The surgeon came in a couple of days after her surgery and went through all the photos and labelled them for her. In her case she only had ovaries removed so her photos of all the remaining bits were probably worth keeping on her file anyway. I know that when I had my D&C there were photos taken for my medical file which the ObGyn insisted on showing me and was keeping for future reference.
Unread 08-18-2015, 06:44 AM

My doc took a pic of mine, and showed it to me after surgery. Turns out my left ovary had cysts all over and was actually all twisted up in bowel. She had a hard time with that one! The pic was really cool. I don't know if she still has it or not, but I'd like to have a copy for myself.
Unread 08-18-2015, 06:56 AM

One of the things I was asked to consent to prior to surgery was photos being taken. After surgery when I asked the doc if she had a photo she said she didn't understand why they asked people for that consent because she has not way to take a photo in the ER. I was pretty disappointed to learn I wouldn't see a photo so I will have to settle for the description my doctor gave me and reading a copy of the pathology report.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register