God, Black Raspberries, and Hysterectomies... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Beyond the Land of Hyster > Memorable Messages (Read Only)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

God, Black Raspberries, and Hysterectomies... God, Black Raspberries, and Hysterectomies...

Unread 07-01-2005, 08:24 PM
God, Black Raspberries, and Hysterectomies...

i too need to look up. your story really touched me today, as i don't have a recipe for lemonade but really need one.

but please do share a pie recipe with your sisters as i have wild berries in CT and have only been able to make jam and flavoured vodka!

jane321
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2005, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the reminder to look up! I want the pie recipe and the vodka!
This just gets better every day!
Unread 07-01-2005, 10:03 PM

Thanks sooo much for putting your thoughts down today!

I will lift up my eyes to the heavens...for my help comes from there.

I hope you don't mind but I'm printing out your story to share with the ladies in my bible study.

Its definitely a God thang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Your story . . . . a coincidence ~ NO!

Thank you for posting this . . . it was very touching and had perfect timing. God sometimes works in mysterious ways. We have a darling older lady next door who does lots of gardening, has fruit trees, and rasberry bushes. She called tonight to ask if I wanted to come over and pick with my 5 & 7 year olds. It's getting warm here and she's afraid there's not much time left. So we went out and picked (and kids ate more then they picked), but we had a good time!

My neighbor also gave me a quick pie recipe . . . . make a graham cracker crust, mix juice from one lemon with one can of sweetened condensed milk and then mix the berries with the sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice in the pie crust. Well, I had all the ingredients except the lemon, which my neighbor gave me. So I came in and just made the pie. I will wait for tomorrow to test because it looks like it needs to cool and set a bit (I put it in the refrig) but it already looks really, really rich! So we will see how it turns out and I will post back in case anyone is interested! I'd still like to hear your recipe ~ Fireman's wife!

As far as your story, it was a message that I think was meant for me to hear today. Why else would our neighbor call, have us go pick berries, give me this wonderful pie recipe with RASBERRIES & LEMONS in it that only took about 1/2 hour to make, and then to come here after I've finished all this up and find a post about rasberries, lemons, lemonade, and God. Reading your description of the fall, angles, looking up was so vivid in my mind because I just spent the last few hours picking berries and doing the same thing. I didn't fall, but I'll tell you my problem was trying to avoid all those little thorns and sometimes there was some nice big red juicy berries inside those bushes but I was too worried about the thorns, so I stuck with the smaller ones on the outside. So not only can I relate to your story about needing to look up but I realize that when we try to do things our way and get so focused on what might go wrong (i.e. running into thorns) we lose out on some of the bigger things God might be trying to share with us (the big, fat juicy berries)! So thank you for sharing and I hope you don't mind my adding to it. I have to admit that I've had a tough time trusting that God is in control of my life lately. This surgery . . . . and another one now scheduled in 2 months ! And today was not the best of days for me . . . so your post has truly blessed me and reminded me that God is watching over me today, and always!

jmw
Unread 07-02-2005, 12:56 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. It is so true that we can easily be distracted from looking in the right places.

I'm sorry you fell, but delighted that you had this revelation and wrote to tell us about it.

and happy healing.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register