tomatoes vinegrette | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > Sisteritaville: Hyster Sisters Cookbook > Vegetarian Specials

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tomatoes vinegrette tomatoes vinegrette

Unread 08-24-2005, 08:33 AM
tomatoes vinegrette

This is so nice with tasty homegrown tomatoes. Very easy to prepare as a side-dish or light snack.

Tomato slices

Fresh mozzarella cheese (not pizza cheese-look for this in with the speciality cheeses)

Prepared balsamic vinegrette. Either homemade or purchased. We enjoy Newman's Own.

Italian seasonings blend or diced fresh oregano

Balsamic vinegar to taste

Coat serving platter with vinegrette. Place tomatoes on dressing. Place small slices of fresh mozzarella on top of tomatoes. Sprinkle with herbs. Splash with vinegrette. We prefer to add extra vinegar, just a touch, to each tomato serving.

Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2005, 08:51 AM
tomatoes vinegrette

oooh that sounds nice when my tomatoes eventually ripen I will have to try that I don't suppose you have any recipes for green tomatoes?

Love and Huggles

Lynne
Unread 08-25-2005, 06:46 PM
tomatoes vinegrette

Lynne, I love to make fried green tomatos. Here is one way to make them: prepare three bowls for dipping--one with flour, one with a couple of beaten eggs, and a third with dry bread crumbs (you can include finely crumbled potato chips or crackers with the bread crumbs). Slice the green tomatos and dip them in the flour first, then coat with egg, then press into the crumbs firmly to form a coating.

If you have time, let the coated slices sit in the fridge for a few hours to firm up the coating. This makes a nice, crisp surface. But if time does not permit, just go ahead and fry them. Just coat a frying pan with canola oil (or another vegetable oil) and fry over medium heat, turning until brown. Salt and pepper to taste.

P.S. Most recipes I've seen elsewhere just have you dip them in flour and then fry. I like this way better (it's called a "bound breading" but it's very light) because it gives you a crispier coating.

Dee, thanks for the tomato recipe! Sounds yummy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2005, 05:23 AM
Talking - tomatoes vinegrette tomatoes vinegrette

Thanks for that I will give it a try for tea tonite it sounds lovely.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register