Any Kentucky Sisters out there? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Kentucky

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any Kentucky Sisters out there? Any Kentucky Sisters out there?

Unread 01-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Any Kentucky Sisters out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie
I just wanted to check in and let my sisters know that I'm doing well. I got all my clearances and have been so busy with life that I haven't had much chance to get on here and let you all know.

I won't completely forget you all. I will pop in from time to time. Things are going to take time to get caught up. DH did a pretty good job with the housework and stuff, but I do need to get out and get some shopping done. DH did shopping for basics while I was out of the game, now I need to go restock everything.

I'm getting ready to take my second long car ride since I've gotten clearances. Sitting that long in a car was hard the first time. I'm hoping this second one will be easier. I'm driving this one and rode last one. I went to Ohio to have lunch with some ladies I know last time. This time I have to go to Ohio for a funeral. DH said that if I get too tired from driving he will take over.

My Christmas, Anniversary, and New Year's were wonderful. DH and I loved the special times together. He was off work the whole time and we really got a lot of quality time together. That's what made it so special.

Well, time is slipping away and I have shopping and packing to do and decisions to make. Someone please tell me which 2 dresses to take!!
Nixie -
I am the same as you. Not on here everyday but I do read the posts almost every other day and try to reply when I can.

Housework still hasn't been done around here. I think I might try to mop the kitchen floor this weekend - assuming I have the energy to do it!

Glad to hear your Christmas, Anniversary and New Year's were great. My DH and I really miss our quality time together. We have a 7 month old to tend to, plus our intimate life hasn't been great since DS was born. Hopefully since I have had this surgery it will get better. Only 1 1/2 weeks to go.

Be careful on your trip to Ohio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2008, 05:32 AM

I'm just checking in and I want you to know that each of you is in my prayers. I am doing very well and was released on January 3rd to normal activity. So back to work I went and haven't stopped since.
I will be stopping by from time to time to check on you.

We KY girls have to stick together.
Unread 01-21-2008, 09:32 AM
TLH Scheduled for 1/23

Hi Everyone!

I'm Pam and I'm in Lville. Just went this morning for the pre-admissions blood work... yeehaw! Get to do the liquid diet tomorrow along with the mag citrate... sounds nasty.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm shaking in my boots with 3 kiddos... but luckily have a VERY supportive husband who is going to be working from home for the next several weeks. My Mom will be coming up tomorrow night and will stay the first week.

Take care!
Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyringo
Hi Everyone!

I'm Pam and I'm in Lville. Just went this morning for the pre-admissions blood work... yeehaw! Get to do the liquid diet tomorrow along with the mag citrate... sounds nasty.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm shaking in my boots with 3 kiddos... but luckily have a VERY supportive husband who is going to be working from home for the next several weeks. My Mom will be coming up tomorrow night and will stay the first week.

Take care!
Pam
Ky sister,
I know this is an emotional time for you,I had the liquid diet...wasn't to bad but I didn't have any bowel prep so i wish you well....from what all the other ladies say...stay close to home. You are so blessed to have a wonderful husband by your side..I am divorced but I didn't have to go it alone,I have my mom,sister, and both my kids(daughter 21,son 18). Just take it easy and let your family take care of you. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless you!
Faith
TAH on Dec.5th.due to huge fibroids,heavy bleeding.enlarged uterus,severe anemia
Unread 01-21-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Take care!
Pam
Pam,

I am not far from you. I'm in Buckner (Oldham County). I wish you the best on Wednesday. I had the liquid diet also and bowel prep - I do recommend staying home for that! I was supposed to do 2 bottles of the Fleet Phosoda, but only ended up needing to do just 1. It cleaned me out good! I also had to take Ducolax pills late in the evening.

Hopefully the weather won't be too bad for you! They are forecasting 1-2" starting tomorrow morning, but you know how weather goes around here!

Good Luck and keep us posted on your recovery!
Unread 01-21-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Take care!
Pam
Hello and Welcome Pam,
Hope you find comfort from our little group. Also if you have questions don't forget to start a new thread, as there are many more ladies that can help.
I did the liquid diet but not the mag citrate, I have done that for colonscopes. So yes stay close to home. I had a very supportive husband. Its just he and I and we made it just fine. Glad your Mom will be there for you, to help with your little ones. Just rest and drink plenty of water afterwards. And let us know how you are doing when you are up to it.
Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Unread 01-21-2008, 08:29 PM

Faith,
Don't you go back to work tomorrow? ( hope I have my dates right) If so take it easy and let the others take on the heavy stuff. Then lots of rest afterward. You will be tired, but at the same time glad you have come this far. I know I was. Best wishes and prayers for a Great first day back.
Unread 01-21-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy49
Faith,
Don't you go back to work tomorrow? ( hope I have my dates right) If so take it easy and let the others take on the heavy stuff. Then lots of rest afterward. You will be tired, but at the same time glad you have come this far. I know I was. Best wishes and prayers for a Great first day back.
joy49
Yes I am suppose to return tomorrow... if It doesn't snow. I work at the school so maybe we will get a snow day...lol. My doctor told me today everything was healed..no stitches in site.So please keep me in your prayers. .we do a lot of heavy lifting and stretching(I work in the cafeteria).I do feel so blessed that I too have come this far....it seems like these last 6 weeks just flew by.You ladies on here have been awesome and such a rock of strength for me
Faith
Unread 01-22-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylady2007
joy49
Yes I am suppose to return tomorrow... if It doesn't snow. I work at the school so maybe we will get a snow day...lol. My doctor told me today everything was healed..no stitches in site.So please keep me in your prayers. .we do a lot of heavy lifting and stretching(I work in the cafeteria).I do feel so blessed that I too have come this far....it seems like these last 6 weeks just flew by.You ladies on here have been awesome and such a rock of strength for me
Faith
Faith - Do you have a snow day? At 5:30 this morning, my daughters school was on a 2 hr delay. My sister then called me at 6:15 to say they were closed. So I am home today with my daughter and son!
Unread 01-22-2008, 08:01 AM

[quote=erkcpk]Faith - Do you have a snow day? At 5:30 this morning, my daughters school was on a 2 hr delay. My sister then called me at 6:15 to say they were closed. So I am home today with my daughter and son
erkcpk
We are off today.....I am as bad as the kids. I got my call about 5 This morning. There really isn't much on the ground but they don't like to take the buses out on our county roads.I guess tje Good Lord decided I needed an extra day off.lol. I did lay back down for a while but didn't go back to sleep...it will be even harder to get up at 5 in the morning.Enjoy your day with you kids.I will try again tomorrow.
Faith

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register