Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 22-Mar 28,2021 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 22-Mar 28,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 22-Mar 28,2021

Unread 03-30-2021, 02:22 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 22-Mar 28,2021

Thank you Mamihem for all your tips and encouragement. You have had you share as well regarding operations. I hope you are ok and happy now.

It's 4.00 am here in Hong Kong and although I collapsed in bed before 9.00 pm I had zero sleep and I m quite emotional because I am getting super stressed over this bladder pain and constant urge to urinate I'm having. The constipations cramps last night were horrible too. I have not had any bowel movement since the one on Saturday so I took a laxative. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I'll go to my GP this morning. Although i don't have the normal urine burning feeling I'm still hoping for a UTI that can be treated with antibiotics and not an IC as I'm reading it can last for ever and this is certainly not why I did this surgery. Anyways, will update after I have seen my GP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2021, 05:21 PM

New here. Hysterectomy was a week ago tomorrow. Doing well other than not sleeping well. Been able to cut down on pain pills a lot and hoping I can figure out this sleep thing.

Had uterus / tubes / cervix removed, kept ovaries. Also had adenomyosis and posterior and anterior prolapses - rectocele.

Got shelf build for bladder for posterior prolapse and got rectocele surgery and some reconstruction.

This was all done laposcopic- robotic.

Healing well but challenging with urinary and bowel movements.

First night in hospital was wicked awful, but got better once they removed cath and packing the next morning. And got me up and moving.

I’m on bed rest & can walk down the hall and get light snacks in kitchen.
Unread 03-30-2021, 06:14 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 22-Mar 28,2021

Hello Ladies,
Today is my 2nd day home. I had TAH on 03/26. I have been resting as much as I can, but moving around the house also. I struggled with a bowel movement today & experienced vaginal bleeding for the first time since surgery.
I have also noticed that my belly is not as stiff as it was yesterday & it feels a little lighter. I have that poking pain on my right side which is so annoying. Gas is still moving around my insides & is exiting slowly but surely. I am trying to drink more fluids & I am definitely eating lots of berries.
I am a little concerned about the bleeding, but I think it's part of the process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkaElka View Post
Hi Ladies -How nice to have your support. I had TAH on 3/24 removing everything including lymph nodes because of cancer concerns. I stayed 3 nights in the hospital and just got home. All pathology reports were benign and I’m so relieved. Overall I feel really great, I’m just walking like a 95-year old due to the pain from the stitches. I feel joyful and lucky. Looking forward to getting through the next week or two with all of your support.
So glad your pathology was negative; mine was too. Do you mind me asking what we’re the “cancer concerns?” If they did lymph nodes you must have had a diagnosis, right?
Unread 03-30-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joarchie View Post
Hello Ladies,
Today is my 2nd day home. I had TAH on 03/26. I have been resting as much as I can, but moving around the house also. I struggled with a bowel movement today & experienced vaginal bleeding for the first time since surgery.
I have also noticed that my belly is not as stiff as it was yesterday & it feels a little lighter. I have that poking pain on my right side which is so annoying. Gas is still moving around my insides & is exiting slowly but surely. I am trying to drink more fluids & I am definitely eating lots of berries.
I am a little concerned about the bleeding, but I think it's part of the process.
Hi! I’m 6 days out. I’ve struggled bad with bowel movements. My OBGYN put me on a laxative. I’m using Peri-Colace, and glycerin suppository. Ask your doctor.

Also, please ask about the bleeding unless your dr told you what & how much to expect for your case.
Unread 03-30-2021, 07:59 PM

I also went to get laxative and stool softener. It helped my first bowel movement last Saturday and the one I had this morning. But both led to huge diarrheas, oh well at least it released my stomach and my bladder was not so painful.
I went to the doctor early morning and had not realised I had fever (38 C plus, don't know Fahrenheit hehe). They analysed my urine and found I had too much proteine and some trace of blood, he gave me a full course of antibiotics waiting for the urine test result next week ( will be delayed because of Easter) I m now in my bedroom and will try to get some rest. No school work, just nothing
Unread 03-31-2021, 12:05 PM

sweeties and to the new sisters who joined!
It truly is great to see all the new posts and the responses to posts. This is what I meant when I wrote in the very beginning: Together, we will heal as one sister group.
True!

Yes, vaginal bleeding is normal to some extent, but I agree with the sister who said check with your doc! It's always better to be safe than sorry. Ask yourself: is it new bleeding? Is it more than I had before? is the blood bright red? is it heavy enough to worry you (fill a pad)? Call your doc if in doubt!! See the article I posted a while back Spotting Vs Bleeding. It's very informative.

Bowel movements- ah those first movements. I know. Took me about 7 days. I was told not to take a laxative, I was only able to take a stool softener. Again, this is a good question to ask your doc. And do put your feet onto something like a stool in order to facilitate passing the stool.
You can also lightly hold against the perineum area. I had a rectocele repair as well and was terrified to pop those new stitches. So, no straining, sweeties!

So sorry, Olympe, to hear that you have an infection! I do hope the antibiotics will kick in soon so that you may feel better.
Sweeties- do follow Olympe's lead and call your doc or better yet get an appointment to be seen. Many of us will develop a UTI at some point during our recovery and that is not what you need on top of everything else you are dealing with during this road of recovery.

for good results! And a continued hug and good thoughts are sent to those of you who are sitll waiting for results to come back. I am thinking of you.

Ok, sweeties, that's it for now.
Take VERY good care of yourselves.

Unread 03-31-2021, 04:48 PM

To sapphosgarden- To answer your question I never had a diagnosis. It was just based on my fibroid and other circumstances. But thankfully all good here.
Unread 03-31-2021, 06:14 PM

Hey sisters. I am wondering if anyone has info about vaginal cuff tears. Dr google has me concerned about pelvic pressure and rectal pressure. My husband was here after surgery but had to go back to work today so it was my first full day with the kids since surgery and honestly i feel like i may have overdone it. Im scared to call my doctor for them to have me come in but i know thats the only way i can get real answers and i know that this forum isnt meant to diagnose or replace my doctor. I guess im just writing out of frustration at myself because I couldn't rest today the way i needed and now im afraid i did something wrong. I dont have anyone else that can come and sit with the kids during the day so i dont know how im going to be able to really rest the way i am supposed to. Now im just scared and mad at myself.

I hope you ladies are healing well.
Unread 04-01-2021, 06:08 AM

Meek0104 - This is one thing I think a lot of us are worried about, including myself. I think some pressure and soreness is normal for quite awhile, especially if you overdo it and don't rest enough. I spotted a little yesterday (post op day 10 here) and my mind jumped to the same thing, but I think I overdid it a little the day before too. I've also generally had more pressure when I need to have a bowel movement - make sure to keep up with stool softeners when that happens?

Try to rest and relax, as best you can Easier said than done sometimes! I don't know how old your kids are. Mine are pretty independent and helpful at 10, 9 and 6, but this is one time when I'm not worried about how much screen time my kids are getting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register