Sick & a car wreck. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sick & a car wreck. Sick & a car wreck.

Unread 02-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Sick & a car wreck.

It's been a bad week. Surgery is this Tuesday. Last weekend I went to visit my mom and got in a wreck. Long story short a lady ran a red light, I hit her rear panel passenger side and smashed up my front end. My back, neck, and shoulders are sore. I've been to my doc and chiropractor. Continuing chiro care tomorrow and Monday. Tuesday I started feeling yucky. One of my kids had a stomach bug over the weekend. Hooray.
. Three days of nothing but toast, sprite, Gatorade and tons of water. My stomach is still queasy if I don't eat light. My surgeon said as long as I have no fever and I'm not vomiting I'll be fine.

So far none of the two he said has happend. Getting anxious about the surgery. Going shopping tomorrow with a friend to get a tummy pillow and some underthings. With all the insurance bruhaha I was very worried I wouldn't have a vehicle of my own come surgery day. Yes I have a rental. I could only imagine what kind of vehicle my husband would purchase me if left up to him while I was laid up after surgery.

As of last night my husband an grandfather were trying to work it out with the insurance company so we could buy a car today. Every option the insurance company gave us they then said no. I was so worried. This morning my husband makes one phone call to a car lot out of town, then we're loading up the kids and driving two hours. I'm still lost as to how I'm getting a car since we haven't got the check yet. We don't have credit cards, and what little in savings is reserved for my surgery.

We get to the dealership and inspect the suv A 2004 bmw x5then take a test drive. I love it. It's roomier, an suv instead of my mid size BMW 328i. Which was 12 years old. My toddlers car seats install easily with latch, and our oldest has loads of room between the car seats. There's side airbags, gps, heated seats ( a blessing for my bad hips and back)! I'm dreading to think how much payments will be.

My hubby is being very secretive about talking money with the manager. He had speaker to him,on the phone while I was getting the kids ready. They both ask if I like it and of course I do. It's a huge upgrade from my 12 year old car. Needless to say my husband was able to write a check then and there. post dated for after the first. I don't know how he did it other than our broker is cutting us a check. We were gifted stock at Christmas and aren't able to sell it for 1 year. God was definitely watching out for me when I wrecked and since then. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders with the whole car ordeal.

Now to get through my surgery and recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Re: Sick & a car wreck.

I'm glad you got a car and I know what you mean about things going wrong...My surgery is Wednesday and on Friday I dislocated my finger went to the doc he says I may have to have a surgery on it which will take three months to heal. We all picked up the same stomach bug and now my blood work came back one point high for blood clots. It all seems to be going wrong. Not to mention a good/ bad thing I went with my mom to get her dog a license at the dog warden and fell in love with a dog there and got it.... Now he is snapping at the kids jumping on me and won't stay off the bed where I'll be resting after my surgery. So I thought about a kennel and found a really cheap one that I could actually afford, but they don't want to take him because he hasn't had shorts, or well I don't know if he has and he is on antibiotics for an eye infection so he can't get them yet. They are supposed to call me back and let me know if I can board him or not... anyway sorry to vent all over your post just know what you're going through and I hope it all works out for you.
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:11 PM

This stomach bug is horrid. I'll say a prayer for you as well. When it rains it pours, especially when it's something significant going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2012, 10:46 AM

Hi Ladies,
I just couldn't resist adding to the mess. This has a happy ending so read on! My best friends mother was Dx with ovarian cancer about a year a go they tried chemo before surgery because her tumor was HUGE! It took a year because each treatment realy messed up her blood counts and they had to wait in between them for her blood to recover. Her surgery was finaly set for Jan 12th in betwen all of this I was also Dx with Hyperplasia Atipica (pre cancer) My surgery was scheduled for the 18th of Jan (but was resched for the 24th) after surgery I was told it was Cancer, Now we both have cancer and Hysters, so we got to visit each other in the hosp Yeah! Now I am 5 weeks (almost) post op she is 7 weeks post op we are both healing fine and now her daughter my BFF just had a check up and she has to have a Hyster in about a month (date not set yet) for hyperplaysia sheesh thing happen in threes but this is ridiculis! wow this has been crazy! now for the happy ending I promised Mum's cancer had Metastisied and it was all over her bowels, bladder, spleen and a bunch of other places. they removed what they could and blasted the rest they could find. She just had her check up and follow up MRI and no cancer detected! they are going to do chemo just to make sure nothing was missed but WOW! from a poor diagnoses to clear! SO you see there is a silver linning Keep your chin up. My dogs are bouncers to but I showed them my belly and let them smell it and they went on guard! no one could get close to me and they laid right beside all the time. If your fur baby is snapping at the kids He might be reacting to your stress. I hope things get smoother and easier for you. Good luck on your surgery!...Hugs...Letts

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register