Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

Unread 08-10-2020, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

If your hysterectomy was between Aug 10-Aug 16,2020 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2020, 06:38 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

Welcome, This is your Recovery Thread, where you’ll be able to share your progress and meet other sisters who are recovering along with you. This is a safe environment where you should feel comfortable to ask questions, voice your concerns or even vent your frustrations. Truly a place without judgement, only loving support by others sisters and knowing that you are not alone.

I have the privilege to walk alongside you in your healing journey as your caring sister. I will offer guidance, share my own experiences and tips, point you to others resources, and remind you that with time you will feel better.
Healing should be your main focus! This was major surgery and healing takes place both inside & outside. Don’t be surprised if you experience things both emotionally and physically in the weeks to come. This process is different for everyone, learned to be patient and listen to my own body is key to helping to heal.

So here is some sisterly advice:
• Follow your doctor’s orders/restrictions
• Time to lean on others for help, the priority is YOU
• Get plenty of rest (your sleep maybe intermittent so nap when you are tired)
• Drink lots of water, seriously lots! (you want to pee out the anesthesia drugs)
• Take your meds as directed (don’t be a warrior in pain)
• No lifting, pushing, pulling, or bending (ask for help)
• Walk a little each day as you are able (trips to bathroom might be your start)

Personally, my own recovery thread was a lifesaver! Knowing I was part of a group of sisters that knew exactly what I was going thru and offered suggestions/support was a true blessing in my healing journey. This is why I wanted to pay it forward, by volunteering to be here to help you. I am looking forward to hearing from all, when you are ready to post.

Use the when you first post and introduce yourself to the group and let us know how you are doing.

Take Care
Unread 08-11-2020, 03:55 AM

Hello! I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy to remove my uterus, cervix and Fallopian tubes yesterday. I was able to keep my ovaries. So far, it is not as bad as I thought it would be. My doctor gave me a schedule with days and time to take meds, so far my pain level is a 1. I think the abdominal binder helps a lot. My only issues have been the mucous stuck in my throat from intubation. I’m too afraid to cough it out. Also, I had burning when I would urinate the first day, but this morning it is gone. I’ve been moving slowly and napping a lot. I really don’t feel bad, so I’m going to make sure I don’t overdo it. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2020, 04:51 PM

Welcome Sassybutsweet

Catchy login! Glad you made it safely on the other side of your surgery. Now the tough work begins!! Resting and taking good care of your self to give your body The best chance to heal. Sounds easy but so hard for active ladies. Glad you are in not much pain it is good to stay on some meds for a few days, even if just Over the counter anti-inflammation or pain meds. So some burning pain with urination could be from catheter removal or meds to check for bladder leaks. I peed orange for a few day’s. Glad your burning is gone. Regarding mucus in throat, try clearing throat or warm Liquids. If you have to couch or clear throat use a pillow pressed To belly It will help. If it Does not go away in few days follow up with doctor, don’t want it to settle in your chest. I was sent home with A breathing device I had to Move the ball up a tube to keep my lungs clear. Yes take it easy, you will get tired easy As your body is so focused on healing to does. It does not have Much in reserve so important to listen to when you are tired and nap. I learned to love naps again

Wishing you a good night. Soon more sisters will be joining in. Sweet dreams
Unread 08-11-2020, 09:39 PM

I had my robotic da Vinci hysterectomy on 8/10. The first day was pretty rough for me. I usually do extremely well with surgery but this one has got me. I had my Fallopian tubes, uterus, cervix, and 13.5cm mass removed along with 6 fibroids.

The abdominal pain was an 8/10. Percocet was horrible and did not help. The doctor ended up giving IV Dilaudud which was a miracle for me last night. I did wake up at 4am with excruciating gas pain in my chest and shoulders. I ended up getting something for gas, gabapentin, and norco.

Today I woke up and felt better but the gas pain is still so bad. I just got home- the ride home was bumpy and hurt. I did finally eat smthn after not eating for 2 days. I’m worried about passing a BM and it does hurt when I have to pee, more of a pressure type of pain.

I’m hoping tomorrow will be a better day.
Unread 08-11-2020, 11:12 PM

I just had my surgery yesterday 8/11. Uterus, tubes, ovaries and cervix.
I'm also having problems with phlegm. I'm also scared to cough and it hurts even if I use a pillow pressed on my tummy. I asked my doctor about mucinex but she never emailed me back. Strangely, my doctor also found scar tissue from my gallbladder surgery years ago so she removed it. That area hurts too, maybe even more. I swear I can feel an empty space in my belly. Anyone else?
I've been able to pee after struggling for a while earlier. I'm also eating fine and have had zero nausea! I've been eating normally since I got home.
Lots of dozing off and I have been able to walk a little and I can go to the bathroom by myself. Thank goodness because my husband needs to rest so he can take care of me!
Hope you are all doing ok!
Unread 08-12-2020, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassybutsweetI View Post
Hello! I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy to remove my uterus, cervix and Fallopian tubes yesterday. I was able to keep my ovaries. So far, it is not as bad as I thought it would be. My doctor gave me a schedule with days and time to take meds, so far my pain level is a 1. I think the abdominal binder helps a lot. My only issues have been the mucous stuck in my throat from intubation. I’m too afraid to cough it out. Also, I had burning when I would urinate the first day, but this morning it is gone. I’ve been moving slowly and napping a lot. I really don’t feel bad, so I’m going to make sure I don’t overdo it. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!
Yes! The mucous in my throat is bad as well and I just try to hold a pillow on my tummy when I cough lightly. Give that a try! Pain is not bad for me either....I did not get an abdominal binder, but it sounds like it would help! Take care, drinks lots of fluid, and rest, rest, rest!!
Unread 08-12-2020, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebee72 View Post
Yes! The mucous in my throat is bad as well and I just try to hold a pillow on my tummy when I cough lightly. Give that a try! Pain is not bad for me either....I did not get an abdominal binder, but it sounds like it would help! Take care, drinks lots of fluid, and rest, rest, rest!!
I’ve been trying to cough. I will drink some peppermint tea today. That is the only thing bothering me at this point. I was surprised I never lost my appetite. Also, I was surprised I had no gas issues. I’m drinking a lot of water. Now just waiting on a bowel movement. You take care as well.
Unread 08-12-2020, 05:06 AM

Hi all! I had a robotic assisted laproscopic hysterecromy yesterday (August 11) along with the removal of my ovaries and tubes. Honestly, it was not horrible....one small incision above my belly button. I think the worst part for me is the pressure and irritation when I pee and the shoulder pain from the anesthesia. Boy, they sure do rush you home! I had my surgery around 8, was in the recovery room by 11 and walked out the door BY MYSELF at 5:30. No wheelchair-to-car service needed! The ride home was not bad...a few bumps made me cringe, but I had a pillow pressed to my tummy which helped.
I was told to get up and walk every hour as well as use a spirometer to ensure I do not get pneumonia. Sleeping has been a challenge....it takes a while to lay down and I am limited to only my left side as my right side is where my shoulder pain is, and getting out of bed is equally slow. Otherwise, I am taking 1 percocet every 5 hours to keep ahead of the pain, but honestly not sure I need it....better safe that sorry!!
My main concern now is the side effects of losing my ovaries....I was told the hot flashes and night sweats can be quite severe.....can't wait! Lol! Good luck to all of you this first week of recovery! Rest, rest, rest!!
Unread 08-12-2020, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Rivette View Post
I just had my surgery yesterday 8/11. Uterus, tubes, ovaries and cervix.
I'm also having problems with phlegm. I'm also scared to cough and it hurts even if I use a pillow pressed on my tummy. I asked my doctor about mucinex but she never emailed me back. Strangely, my doctor also found scar tissue from my gallbladder surgery years ago so she removed it. That area hurts too, maybe even more. I swear I can feel an empty space in my belly. Anyone else?
I've been able to pee after struggling for a while earlier. I'm also eating fine and have had zero nausea! I've been eating normally since I got home.
Lots of dozing off and I have been able to walk a little and I can go to the bathroom by myself. Thank goodness because my husband needs to rest so he can take care of me!
Hope you are all doing ok!
Hi Andrea!
Sounds like you are doing well. I'm glad to find someone else that has their ovaries removed..... it seems like most keep theirs, but I could not because of my history of breast cancer. Phlegm seems to be an issue with a bunch of us! It does hurt to cough, but I try to do it lightly as possible. Good luck on your recovery!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register