Out of options, no alternative | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Out of options, no alternative Out of options, no alternative

Unread 09-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Out of options, no alternative

Hi,

Well...I'm back after so many years of fighting this uterus of mine. Had a consultation and test review. New diagnosis is adenomyosis. My uterine lining, the endometrium, is invading the uterus wall, (myometrium). There's only 2 parts to a uterus and my 2 parts are fighting!

My only beautiful daughter gets married Oct 16 and surgery will be after that. I've been fighting my fibroids and bleeding for over 8 years. Doctor said that surgery is my only option if I want to stop bleeding. I do. I'm ready. Scared...but ready to stop the pain.

Thank you to everyone who caught my last venting message. I have much homework to do regarding the surgery. Can't believe I'm saying that word after all these years...at age 55.
Hugs to all, Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2004, 06:25 PM

Hi Maralyn

Welcome from another 55 year old. We are too old (young at heart) to still be dealing with this stuff. No regrets here post surgery.

Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming marriage. With all the wedding excitement, I'm sure you will have plenty to distract you from the upcoming surgery. It was only a month ago I went from realizing I needed surgery to being 2 weeks post op. I got through pre-op by keeping very busy and reading this message board frequently to take care of the fears.

Positive outlook and visualization to a healthier future works wonders on the psyche!
Unread 09-26-2004, 06:41 PM

I got a diagnosis of adenomyosis too, and it explained a lot of things. I got so sick of the bleeding I tried an ablation -- which really did cut the bleeding down to a tolerable level. However my uterus is enlarged to the point where it's starting to interfere with other things, and it's starting to prolapse. I finally told my gyn that I'd had enough. I can't wait until November 8th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2004, 09:20 PM

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and prayers! msmonih , I can't believe your siting at the puter 6 days post! It's good to hear that life can be better.

ixjbo, yes, I intend on working the wedding details and then a family reunion the next day at my house and hopefully, will just have time to by new jammies before surgery! If I dwell on it, I'll back out! I noticed though, that the worries creep in... right before sleep.

Jane, you'll probably go before me. A prolapse is scary stuff too. I'll watch for you on the next forum. Best of luck to you.
Thanks again,
Maralyn
Unread 09-26-2004, 11:10 PM

Hi Maralyn

Another 55 year old here. There seems to be quite a lot of us about.

Well nobody can say you haven't given this your best shot hon!! You've been waiting this out for what seems like years now. I'm so sorry that menopause eluded you in the end.

We'll all be here for you as your surgery date gets closer.

Unread 09-28-2004, 11:00 PM

Hi Silverfern

I wanted to say thanks for the support. I'm stressing out tonight with bad back pain and cramps. Will start my period bleeding soon,most likely. It's a full moon, California is shaking with quakes, my hair seems to be falling out alot and sometimes I wish I could fast forward life. That's a terrible thing to say. I think my daughter's wedding is taking it's toll on me, and my elderly mother is so unhappy. I'm being squashed between two generations!!! My only brother just calls and says he's having more serious health issues...he just had a cancerous kidney removed 6 months ago.
I sure didn't mean to carry on so. Forgive me. I can't imagine that you're so far away in such a beautiful country. Thank you again for your well wishes. I'll post when I get a date.
Hugs back, Maralyn
Unread 09-28-2004, 11:10 PM

Hi Maralyn

Geez hon, don't apologise for carrying on. You're very much entitled with what's going on in your life at the moment. It's amazing you're doing as well as you are!!!!

Many s.
Unread 09-29-2004, 06:36 PM

Hi Maralyn,

Sounds like you need a few extra hugs right now. Your daughter's wedding is stress enough, but with major surgery soon to follow and other family members with health problems too, it's no wonder you're feeling on edge.

I was very scared about having hyst surgery too ... but the majority of women do very well so let's think positive that you'll be part of that majority too.

Keep us posted on how you are doing and your surgery date. I know it has been a very long haul for you ...

Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register