Feel Like Crawling Out Of My Skin | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feel Like Crawling Out Of My Skin Feel Like Crawling Out Of My Skin

Unread 02-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Feel Like Crawling Out Of My Skin

I'm sitting at my dining room table with my laptop. It's almost 11:30 pm and my husband's at work and my son is sleeping. All I keep thinking about is one week from tonight, I will have had my surgery. I wonder if I will be in pain, will I be sleeping, etc. Right now time seems to be dragging by. I know I have a million things to do at work and at home before my surgery and I can't seem to get anything accomplished. However, I have been eating so much in the past few days I feel like I've gained 30 pounds. Waiting has got to be the hardest part. I'm nervous too because I found out my GYN is going to have another Doctor assist with the operation and he never told me about that. I found out from the hospital; they said it was because of the repairs I have to have. Oh listen to me carry on; I have so much to be thankful for and all I can do is whine right now. Thanks for listening as it really does help. I guess the other thing that is getting to me is I'm going in for surgery on my son's 12th birthday. My son has a high functioning form of Autism and he is being so sweet about all of this. The questions he is asking is uncanny. Most of all he is sad that he will not get a brother or a sister. We've really been able to talk about this and focus on all the positive's we have in our lives. Thanks for reading this; you are all so wonderful. Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 09:44 PM

i know the wate is hard.
i was supposed to be on the 25th too. but got postpone to the 2nd march.

its 12am and im not sleeping now, so i too wonder if that will change.

I cant get the pain off my mind now i hear the doctors here are trying to cut pain meds back to tylenol, with codine mind you, i was sick as a dog last time i had them.

im worried worried worried...........
so you are not alone.

it will be good on the other side when we have our hospital stories to compare and our speedy recoveries.

take care..
Unread 02-18-2005, 09:50 PM

Hey!
You sound just like I did the week before my surgery only I couldn't eat at all and I lost 8 pounds. I wouldn't really be concerned about the extra Dr. you will be totally out of it and it won't matter.

As far as your pain you need to know that you are the one who is in control of your pain meds, you have to ask for them and keep track of when you get them. The nurses didn't tell me that until my second night there when my kids came to visit and I was crying in pain just to go to the restroom. Oops they forgot to tell me every 5 hours. So be aware!!

I was in the hospital on my son's 3rd Birthday. It's hard but you have to know that you will feel so much better in your 3rd week out. I know I do and the only problem I have is getting the right dose of HRT now.

You will be fine and please know it will get better.
Best of Luck!
Kristy

I'm here if you want to talk!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 09:52 PM

Hi Mist, I've been meaning to catch up with you. I know from reading the post we had the same surgery date then it got changed on you. My heart went out to you and I commend you for your courage to hang in there. Thank you for your words of encouragement. It must be frustrating to hear your doctor maybe changing your pain medicine. Obviously the Tylenol with Codine makes you feel ill. I would not hesitate to explain how awful that medicine makes you feel and ask your doctor to consider an alternative pain medicine that has worked for you in the past. Good luck with this and keep me posted. Thanks, Diane
Unread 02-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Don't worry!

All I can do is pray that my date to the castle don't get changed, cause I don't think that I can tolerate the pain much longer. These last 2 days have been pretty good for me, I only have a small amount of pain. But usually when this happens, my period is about to come, and then comes all the heavy bleeding, and blood clots, and pain. I think that about time next Saturday comes that I am going to be bleeding heavy from my period, and that is murder. I have a million things to do too, I went downtown today and bought a couple of gowns, and some slippers, I don't think that I need any more panties, I have so many. I don't think that the hospitals here in Jersey let patients have their cell phones, but you can get their phones in your room and they bill the charges to your home phone, so I don't have to worry about that.

Just hold on ladie, time is coming soon, before you look up, it's going to be that big-day! Don't stop eating, because you need to keep your strength up, and afterwards you may not be eating the first couple of days anyway, so eat now! I pray for your son, cause he really wants a brother or sister, but thank God that he has you, he will miss you for those couple of days, but he will be happy when you return, and will even do more for you, don't worry ladie. We all will pray, and a number of us are going to the castle around the same dates. Keep us posted.
Unread 02-19-2005, 02:32 AM

Hi Diane,

We share the same Castle date. Well, as you can see, it's 3:00 a.m. for me here and look what I'M doing - with the t.v. on behind me - (medical Friday on Discovery Health Channel-another episode of trauma-life in the e.r. at the moment. JUST the shows I need to be watching at 3:00 a.m. the week before heading to the Castle
Oh yeah, and a ton of laundry being ignored behind a closed door

Don't be so hard on yourself. We women have a tendency to try to be everything to everyone and ignore our needs.

I don't think you're 'whining' at all. It must be pre-op jitters as I'm mentally running down my own '999 things to do' list too.

After a not-so-great workday, I took a good look around my disorganized house tonight, sat down and FINALLY made a list of the things I, myself, can REASONABLY accomplish over this weekend; things that will drive me crazy that I can REASONABLY tackle after work during this week and things that would be nice to get done, which I KNOW won't get done by the I've gotten from dh, ds & dd!!

My kids are older teens & generally self-sufficient, but also messy, involved with their own doings and definitely do NOT want to hear any specifics about this adventure. I think it's great you can discuss your situation with your ds. Also, wanted to tell you that I had a situation when my dd was 10 or 11 - had to go out of state for a funeral on her b-day. Believe me, it was long forgotten by her and in short order too, but not by me, of course. Try not to worry about that..easier said that done, I know.

I'm a fluffy lady to start with and also eating waaay too much these past few days. It has to be stress, you think?

Also am having 2 drs. in surgery. If you're having bladder repairs & all that, I think it's routine to have a urologist assisting too. I'm having a bladder sling (stress incontinence) and my gyne doesn't do that. My urogyne (urologist/gynecologist) will be doing my sling after my gyne does the hyst part. I hope this allays one of your concerns.

Take care.
Unread 02-20-2005, 01:26 AM

Hi Everyone! I took yesterday off the whole hysterectomy thing!

Of course, It's 3:20 am - so, here I am! Not sleeping - but mostly because of tax papers and not hysto. anxiety - yet! Want to take the edge off waitng? Taxes! The Feds come before all!

I am gaining weight, too - rather, I never lost it after the last period and I am now already starting symptoms of the next cycle!

You sisters and surgery buddies really keep me in line! I do not have to worry about the stress this puts on kids... I really feel for you! You are all so strong - I marvel at how well you all seem to be handling the operation, family, work, being in charge - I feel too spoiled to complain here!

Hang in there, Ladies - we are almost there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register