Biopsy and D&C then onto hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Biopsy and D&C then onto hysterectomy Biopsy and D&C then onto hysterectomy

Unread 01-22-2016, 07:58 PM
Biopsy and D&C then onto hysterectomy

Hi Sisters!
I posted about a month back as I had been to the gyno twice trying to get a uterine biopsy. Unfortunately, I have a stenotic cervix and the attempts we fruitless. I have been through the gamet with bc pills, iud, ablation and now Lupron to halt bleeding. Due to the bleeding the Dr. Wanted to get the biopsy to rule out cancer or any other complications. Along with that, the pain for the stenotic cervix and bleeding was horrendous. While the Lupron has helped with this, it really has been putting off the inevitable. I am awaiting the call to get the biopsy and D&C scheduled, and once we have the pathology from that done, we can confirm a laparoscopic hysterectomy and hopefully resolve whatever is going on with my angry uterus. My fear at this point is that any retrograde bleeding created endometriosis. Part of the pain I was having when I was bleeding was when I would use the bathroom..which makes me suspect that endometriosis is partially a culprit? Really I guess we won't know until we get in there and test and remove things. I look forward to "talking" with you all thought my journey and yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2016, 02:58 AM

Hello, I took the Lupron shot in December and it was a tremendous help to relieve my pain until my surgery.

We all ask, why angry uterus, why, do you have to be so mean?!?

Keep us posted on your results and when your surgery is scheduled for. Wishing you positive results 😊
Unread 01-23-2016, 06:35 AM
Re: Biopsy and D&C then onto hysterectomy

I love that you all understand angry uterus! Even when I say that to the nurses at the gyno office they laugh like they have never heard it!! It is a mean angry thing! Also? How long after your Lupron shot did you have surgery? I got my shot at the beginning of Decemebr and the last few day my I ovaries are feeling achy... Did you have that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2016, 10:54 PM

They gave me the Lupron shot on December 8th. My surgery is scheduled for February 26.

After they gave me the shot I did not have a period in December or January which was actually nice.

The only time I felt like what would be mild barely there pain is right around when I was scheduled to have my period if I didn't take the shot.

Other than mild hot flashes and mood swings it's really helped me out to get through to February.

When I went to ER in December prior to getting Lupron shot I was begging for an earlier date. I was in so much pain I said I would have it done on Christmas or New Year's Eve.

I'm glad everything worked out & I hope everything will work out for you as well! 😊
Unread 01-24-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora E View Post
They gave me the Lupron shot on December 8th. My surgery is scheduled for February 26.

After they gave me the shot I did not have a period in December or January which was actually nice.

The only time I felt like what would be mild barely there pain is right around when I was scheduled to have my period if I didn't take the shot.

Other than mild hot flashes and mood swings it's really helped me out to get through to February.

When I went to ER in December prior to getting Lupron shot I was begging for an earlier date. I was in so much pain I said I would have it done on Christmas or New Year's Eve.

I'm glad everything worked out & I hope everything will work out for you as well! 😊
Thank you so much. Is it odd to say I look forward to it being done? I am so over all of this!! The pains I am having aren't near my period time, but then again, my periods were all over the place, so who knows. Just curious as to what is going on down there. I keep expecting blood and I haven't had any. The aches I have are nothing compared to what it was before the shot!!
Unread 01-29-2016, 05:08 PM
Re: Biopsy and D&C then onto hysterectomy

Well, I have an update on my biopsy. I am scheduled 2/25 for Biopsy and D&C. The doctor said there is still a chance that she will not be able to get into the uterus even while I am under anesthesia. That was nerve wracking. Getting an idea what is going on in my uterus would be helpful so we can kinda plan what type of hysterectomy she will do. Currently she is thinking total laparoscopic, but I am kinda freaking out reading online about morcellation. I kind of just want her to pull the uterus out my vagina if it isn't too big. Anyone else have thoughts on this? I am getting more nervous thinking about all this. The Dr. also wants to try and keep my ovaries of course, but if I have endometriosis issues like we suspect, that might still be a problem if the ovaries are left. So many tough choices.
Unread 01-30-2016, 03:28 AM

Is there an option for Laproscopic and uterus taken out through vagina? It might not be due to your cervix.

Yes I've heard about morcellation and based on what I have read, the chance of a piece being left behind that is cancer is very low.

Deciding to keep your ovaries is a very tough and personal choice. Ask your doctor what they recommend and see if you can get a second opinion.

For me getting two opinions and they explained why I should remove my ovaries made the difference for me.

It is your decision but you definitely want to do your research and do what is best for you. 😊
Unread 01-30-2016, 05:16 AM

I am sure if I request that the uterus be taken through the vagina, that she would do it. (As long as it will fit.) based on her exams, enlargement does not seem to be an issue. I am just being a worry wart already and the surgery isn't even set.
Unread 01-30-2016, 05:33 AM

I understand the worry wart feeling! I have a complication such that my Dr won't know until she tries whether she can do mine laparoscopicly, which for her means laparoscopically assisted vaginal removal, or open. I work as an auditor, so very much a planner. Not knowing if I'll be out 2 weeks or 6 is driving me nuts.
Unread 01-30-2016, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle-NH View Post
I understand the worry wart feeling! I have a complication such that my Dr won't know until she tries whether she can do mine laparoscopicly, which for her means laparoscopically assisted vaginal removal, or open. I work as an auditor, so very much a planner. Not knowing if I'll be out 2 weeks or 6 is driving me nuts.
Ha, I am in accounting and very much the same. I always want to know as much as possible going into something and the variables drive me insane. The doctor specifically stated that we really won't know what is going on until we are in there. For now, we can only assume based on outwards symptoms: massive pain, bleeding (when not on Lupron) struggle with bm and urine when not on Lupron. And ovaries??? Ultrasound doesn't show that they are doing anything weird- but who knows. My fear is that endo and adhesions are all mixed up in the bowels, etc. I had a tubal pregnancy when I was 21 that burst and had a salpinectomy of the rt fallopian. Since then, that side has been off and painful.... This lady business is scary and difficult.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register