Wonderful Wednesday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wonderful  Wednesday Wonderful Wednesday

Unread 01-20-2021, 12:18 PM
Wonderful Wednesday

Hi girls! Thank you for reaching out on your posts to say Hi. It’s been a little busy here since I arrived. I ended up coming down a few days earlier than originally planned since DH schedule changed and he would be coning home here vs at home.

One of our DILs tested positive for the virus, so our holidays were low key as everyone stayed in their homes for a couple weeks. Delayed celebratory gatherings were done later with each individual family unit. I had to delay a visit to my mom and 91 yr old Grandmother will be seeing them later this week.

DH and I were able to sneak in a few days of ‘just us’ in a small 55+ retirement community. Haha. It was advertised as a RV resort so we thought it was a campground. Not so much. But we still had fun. The neighbors were friendly and welcoming even to us who were obviously temporary.

Last week, I finally received the results of my lab work on Nov. 12th. Everything came back as normal except they never tested my Vitamin A. Dr said we could re-order/redo it. I’m seeing my GP in February anyway, so I’ll have her order it. What I did learn during this is that my GP left the practice she was at and went to another. Had no idea she left. When I called the new office, we have to set up a completely ‘New Patient” profile even though she’s been my Dr for years. I am really disappointed that she didn’t notify her patients/us to say she was leaving. I plan to discuss that with her when I see her in Feb. Just doesn’t seem right. I wonder if that’s a sign to look for another Dr. So still no real answers as to what’s causing my burning mouth.

Signed up for the fitness center I used last winter. Classes are a bit different, but at least I have a place to work out. Food has been ok. Nothing too crazy. Don’t remember who may have mentioned eggs and burgers but just last week my son and DIL made burgers with egg and avocado. OMGosh! It was so good. They said they do them a lot. I may be doing that as well. Lol.

Sad news! Last week, one of my uncles (he’s 70 years old) lost him home and beloved dog to a house fire. He burned his hands trying to get the dog out but was unable to save him. He was devastated!!!

Desk – so glad you may have finally met your doggie match. Before we got our Timber many years ago, we looked into rescues. They were very picky then. Rescues organizations typically have animals that have been already removed/kicked out of homes for one reason or another. I can kind of see why they may want to be absolutely sure before placing an animal. The trauma of being removed multiple times probably takes its toll on them just like it does children.
Our neighbors sometimes keep us posted on weather etc. They said the ice they had on one occasion was the worst we’ve seen in years.

Grey – So sorry to hear about your pup. That is one of the hardest things to do when it comes to our fluffy friends. I am thinking of/praying for you this week.

Kim – So glad to hear your foot is on the mend even if it is a little slower than you’d like. Hoping things calm down for you a little before the end of January (next week already!!!!). Glad your man friend are still talking.

Rita – I’ll bet returning to school was a little different this winter. Praying that all is going well for you there. Please stay safe in all that crazy weather up there.

Welcome Nirvana! I have a niece who travels with her DH in their big rig when he’s not training drivers. She enjoys it. Sounds like an interesting adventure. My DH travels for work too. He’s a captain on a boat and is gone for 40 days.

That’s all for now. Will talk soon! Have a blessed weekend!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2021, 07:09 PM
Re: Wonderful Wednesday

HI Heavensangel, welcome back, although if I read correctly, you are still in FL. I didn't realize your DH was captain on a boat. That's certainly interesting and quite a responsibility. I spent some time on boats and was so impressed with the knowledge and competence of the captains and the mates. I am so very sorry to hear about your uncle and the loss of his dog and his home. What a terrible thing to happen. Fires are terrifying.

Greyown, I hope you are able to spend some quality time with your dog. I have another friend who is in the same situation, has decided that Friday will be the day for his dear old friend. It's so hard, and such a lonely time that you really can't share with anyone else.

Kim, now we are approaching the end of another month, so you will have more going on. I hope the remote working is still going well.

Rita, how is the week shaping up?

Nirvana, do you have some upcoming trips? I really am interested in your pasta salad creations. We don't eat a lot of pasta, just some rice spaghetti with hubby's favorite tomato sauce, but I do like play around with stuff in the cupboard. Sometimes I get a winner, sometimes a loser so a few ideas for recommended ingredients are always welcome. At this point we are having chicken and chicken soup for one meal, and pizza for another. I have some kind of salad with at least one of the meals.

B - egg and cheese biscuit
L - chicken and broth, honey crisp apple, fudge
D - spinach and feta pizza with a few extra veggies, fudge

Ex - elliptical 45 minutes, walk 35 minutes

No dog updates yet.
Unread 01-20-2021, 08:46 PM

My goodness, my mother just found her cat passed away. Totally unexpected and I don’t know what to say. Sad week for both of us.

Heavensangel, didn’t realize that’s what your husband did, is he merchant marine or some sort of private company? I don’t know much about it but must be very interesting. Glad to see you again.

Desk, I have a good recipe for pasta salad with interchangeable ingredients—somewhere. Not sure exactly where, story of my life.

My dog is the same, which is not saying much, just hoping he gets no worse this last short time. I have some nice canned chicken for him and will stay near. Trying to hold it together at work.

Hi Kim, Rita, Nirvana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2021, 10:46 AM

Grey - yes DH is a merchant marine. He's gone 40 days and home 20 +/-. For the most part, when I don't post for long periods is because he is home and we are spending our limited time together whether it's household chores, running errands, or traveling.

Oh gosh! Is your mom ok? So sad. Will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Desk - so sorry to hear about your friend's pup too.

Busy the next few days: going to visit mom and Grandma for the night and then babysitting grands for mom and dad to sneak off on an extended date this weekend. So far, next week is wide open. We'll have to see how long that lasts. Lol.

Hi Kim, Cussette, Rita, and Nirvana.

Have a blessed weekend!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register