10 days post successful Da Vinci surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > da Vinci Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days post successful Da Vinci surgery 10 days post successful Da Vinci surgery

Unread 02-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Thumbs up - 10 days post successful Da Vinci surgery 10 days post successful Da Vinci surgery

I am 57 years old and I had my surgery on 2/17/10 and couldn't be more pleased with my recovery process. I had a complete hysterectomy, due to heavy bleeding, endometriosis, fibroids and ovarian cysts. I feel great! I spent the first night at the hospital, and I am glad I did. I wanted someone else to be in charge. They removed my catheter at 4:00 am and got me up walking. About an hour later I was able to empty my bladder on my own, so I was good to go home. My doctor recommended taking two Senakot tablets daily and bowel function returned on day 3. I have 4 small incisions, which have healed nicely, and the bruising around them is almost gone. For about a day and a half I did have gas pains that settled in my rib cage, shoulders and neck. I took Gas-X and my pain pills and that took care of it. I didn't need to take anything after that because I had no pain. I was very surprised by that. I also had no bleeding and just slight swelling. The swelling was gone by about the 4th day. I hosted a 60th birthday party for my husband on day 6. I did manage to stay on my feet for the duration of the party. Up until that point, I had been lounging around in my pj's. I also was able to go back to sleeping on my stomach, my favorite position! Today I drove myself for a pedicure, and felt fine. My post-op appointment is on Tuesday and I expect to be told I am ready to resume most activities. I know I still can't lift heavy things or work out yet, and I expect I will still have some residual fatigue as my body continues to heal. One reason that I attribute my success to is that in the last year I have lost 25 pounds. I did not know at the time that I would be having surgery, but I can't help but think I am more comfortable as a result. I would recommend getting in your best shape if you have the opportunity to in advance. (I am not a work-out fanatic, I just eliminated sugar from my diet, but that's another topic!) Good luck to anyone about to have the precedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register