Sex after 7 days after D&C? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after 7 days after D&C? Sex after 7 days after D&C?

Unread 12-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Sex after 7 days after D&C?

Greetings dear ones!

After my D&C on Thursday, post-op instructions said sex is okay after 7 days.

This is Day Five (not counting day of surgery) and I sure can't imagine it yet. Still having some minor cramping and discharge. Also, another HysterSister told me she tried after 7 days, but had a lot of bleeding and cramping as a result! :eyes:

Who else has experienced this, and how was it for you?
I need the medical instructions tempered by the wisdom found here! Thanks so much!!

XOXOXXX Kythe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2005, 11:22 AM

I was told to wait 14 days to have sex after my D&C. I had no problems.
Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon!!!
Unread 12-07-2005, 12:43 PM

My hospital instructions after my D&C said no sex and no baths while there was any discharge - you wouldn't want to risk infection......

Cheers and s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2005, 03:30 PM

Hi Kythe - After both my D&Cs I was told nothing in the vagina for 2 weeks - no tampons, no baths, nothing. I obeyed and I was fine, but then I also had no cramping or pain after either.

Hope you feel better soon.

Mary
Unread 12-07-2005, 04:57 PM

Thanks to all! It helps to know what others Sisters have found!

I'm sure waiting until after the cramping stops anyway! :eyes:

Just got my path report and will post separately about that.
Unread 12-08-2005, 06:48 AM

I guess all Dr's are diff because I was told no sex, no tampons or bathes until after my first normal period following my D&C. Kythe hope your doing well!
Unread 12-08-2005, 12:38 PM

Im the one who went and did the deed on the 7th day! Im still bleeding but now there is lining coming out so Im hoping that is normal. Im still waiting for my dr to call me back with the path results and to ask why some dr's say 2 weeks and others say 2 weeks.
hopefully i'll have some answers. The good news, I have no sign of infection, not that im sure what to look for, i mean no fever, no foul odor, & no tenderness just the lining and blood. oh, of course some cramping.
Have a lovely day everyone!
Unread 12-08-2005, 10:05 PM

Hi canadalady

I discovered today that if I lift anything more than ten pounds or so I get cramps and more bleeding. Blah. Why wasn't THAT on the post op information?!

What were your first two weeks like? Did you have daily cramping and find that a little exertion was too much even a week on?

I'm getting tired of this!
Unread 01-23-2007, 04:59 PM

Can the ablation procedure be done the same time/right after the D&C so i will not have to go under anesthesia twice?
Unread 01-23-2007, 05:17 PM

Hallo Doloressann!

Check with your doc to see what your particular ultrasound looks like. I don't know what concern you are addressing. For me it was fibroids, and some of them were growing into the uterus, so ablation wasn't possible. It works best with a smooth uterus. If the D&C leaves you with a smooth uterus, an ablation might be able to be done right then...it all depends on HOW LONG IT TAKES to do the D&C because a doc is only allowed something like 45 minutes to do everything. (I'm trying to remember why, but it's a very good ethical reason ... has something to do with blood loss or meds or something. Sorry I can't recall! If I think of it, I'll post again.) Anyway, I'd say it's more likely that both can't be done, but not impossible if your situation is simple, such as removal of a few fibroids that are on stems in the uterus (not growing into the uterine wall). Just to mention, also, though you may be well aware, that since an ablation burns away the uterine lining one is not able to become pregnant afterwards.
All the best to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register