2014 - Breast Mass After Total Abdominal Hysterectomy - 2014 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2014 - Breast Mass After Total Abdominal Hysterectomy - 2014 2014 - Breast Mass After Total Abdominal Hysterectomy - 2014

Unread 11-13-2014, 10:06 PM
2014 - Breast Mass After Total Abdominal Hysterectomy - 2014

Okay so these could be totally unrelated...but I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this. I had my TAH March 19th at 26 years old (i'm now 27) due to cervical cancer, endometriosis, and adenomyosis. I kept both ovaries and am healing okay at almost 8 months post-op. I do still have some numbness and pain when I bump my incision, but overall I feel great. About 6 weeks ago I started having breast tenderness. I just passed it off as a sign of my "fake period" lol...but when I had periods, breast pain was never a symptom. After a few days the tenderness turned into downright PAIN. I did a self-check while in the shower and did find a lump on the top of my right breast, near my nipple. It is very hard and very painful. I went to the doctor the very next day, and had an ultrasound done. It came back that it is in fact a mass, and i'm seeing a surgeon any day now. I know that a hormone change can bring about these, and i'm curious if anyone else has experienced this. I'm 27, with 2 young ones, and this will be my EIGHTH surgery. I'm staying strong but really can't take anymore setbacks lol! You ladies were the #1 strength for me before my TAH, i'm hoping to get some more answers. Thanks in advance!
-Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2014, 10:25 PM
Re: Breast Mass After Total Abdominal Hysterectomy

Don't know if there's any connection to your hyster, but I DO know that fibroid breast cysts (not cancerous) can be quite painful. Don't know if that is what you've got or not. Hope you get an answer soon and it turns out to be something harmless. It's your turn to catch a break! Good luck!
Unread 12-16-2014, 05:27 PM

Two years after my total hyster I had brat cancer. Don't know if there is any connection and am fortunate that the cancer was found early. Had radiation and thankfully no chemo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2015, 06:49 AM

Did they ever find out what I'd was? I am asking because I have the exact same thing in the exact location. I had a TAH sept19th and discover my lump back right before Xmas. Going to breast surgeon on February 5th. Any input would be appreciated. ��
Unread 06-03-2021, 03:42 PM

I dont have a breast lump, or at least i dont think i do. I do have some weird bumpish think on the side of my left breast. But I have had awful breast tenderness and swelling in both breasts. The swelling wouldnt be noticeable to anyone who doesnt see my boobies on a regular. (my husband even noticed it though). The pain is just getting worse. I am almost 10 months bost tah.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register