Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 12-Apr 18,2021 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 12-Apr 18,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 12-Apr 18,2021

Unread 04-15-2021, 08:28 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 12-Apr 18,2021

Foods to get your bowels moving

Hopefully, most of you will avoid nausea.

Acid reflex issues may occur after natural or surgical menopause. Estrogen loss can sometimes lead to reduced production of stomach acid, so the normal signals that move food into and out of the stomach don't work properly.

Sometimes, taking medications that reduce acid production even further can only make the problem worse, potentially leading to issues like nausea. One Hystersister member recommends trying 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar in a shot glass of warm water prior to every meal, to help with proper acidification.

Also minimize or avoid hard to digest foods, and common reflux triggers; that includes dairy products, legumes, onions and garlic, cruciferous vegetables, pears, plums and prunes, apricots, cherries, artificial sweeteners, tomatoes, spicy foods, fried or fatty foods, carbonated or alcoholic drinks, citrus fruits, coffee, chocolate, and mints.

Finish your last meal at least 3 hours before bedtime, and when you do lie down, you can put gravity on your side by elevating the head of your bed with blocks under the feet or a wedge between the mattress and boxspring; also keep in mind that the esophagus empties into the stomach from right to left so sleeping on your left side can also help to keep things down. For fast relief of sudden symptoms, I recommend ginger, either powdered, crystallized, or in ginger tea. Peppermint Candy and/or tea helps as well.

Don’t force yourself to eat if you are not hungry. Try low sugar protein shakes if you can’t manage food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2021, 08:33 AM

Hello fellow sisters! I’m new to this board this is my 3 day postop following LATH with salpingo-oophorectomy. Recovery is going going well for the most part, (struggled with first BM and gas), but thanks to reading some of suggestions on the boards found some relief. Walking and drinking warm water has been my saving grace. Sending you all good thoughts for a safe and speedy recovery
Unread 04-15-2021, 11:27 AM

I just had my first BM and I never thought I’d celebrate something like that LOL ... it wasn’t a lot but I feel like it still counts haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2021, 04:49 PM

I had laproscopic hysterectomy. By the time I get to take my oxycodone again I'm ready! The pain is pretty bad, like knifes in my stomach. But I did go pee easily, and my surgery went flawlessly. Dr said it was inflamed (also had fibroids and Adenomyosis) and that it was definitely a good decision to take it out. I often experienced bloating and always felt like my uterus was swollen and tender. My last period was 22 days. I'm so thrilled I'll never be having one again. I'm in a ton of pain but so worth it.
Unread 04-15-2021, 06:27 PM

Hello dear sisters,

To get you the best possible support - in case you need to complete or update your surgery type:
❤️
When you have a moment, it would be very helpful if you could tell us a little more by completing the basic surgery information in your Member Survey. (Key details will then automatically appear at the top right of your posts). You can do that by clicking on “Survey--Hyst Type” at the bottom of your screen, or the last link in the reply above. Thank you.
Unread 04-15-2021, 06:44 PM

Resting after Surgery

Your one job is to rest and put yourself first ❤️
Unread 04-16-2021, 10:08 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 12-Apr 18,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaylor3 View Post
Had my robotic hysterectomy today. I'm home recovering now. The original plan was to keep 1 ovary if possible. I had a fibrod & 4cm cyst. Once DR was in there he saw stage 4 endometriosis and removed everything. Not what I anticipated but that's what's best for me. I'm feeling sore but have been able to walk around some. Extremely dry mouth & sore throat. Taking it 1 day at a time.
I had almost the same exact story! Hysterectomy on Tuesday with plans to keep at least one ovary, found stage 4 Endo and removed everything along with excision and ablation of most of the Endo. She wants me to stay off of hormone replacement for at least a month to hopefully dissolve the rest of the Endo left in there that was on delicate areas she couldn’t remove from. My pain was very very bad in the hospital and the gas pain at home has been the worst! Also dealing with dry mouth and now just that drainage in my throat! We will get through this together! I was pretty emotional today but so thankful for this support group to know I’m not alone.
Unread 04-16-2021, 11:18 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 12-Apr 18,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmhopkins View Post
My pain was very very bad in the hospital and the gas pain at home has been the worst! Also dealing with dry mouth and now just that drainage in my throat! We will get through this together! I was pretty emotional today but so thankful for this support group to know I’m not alone.
Moving around as soon as possible really did help with the gas pain, I had virtually none but was passing gas like crazy. I just did laps around my living room (my husband joked about leaving a worn trail in the carpet) I suggest doing that to help loosen it up and get things moving.

Cotton mouth went away rather quickly, just kept hydrated. I’m still dealing with the throat drainage, doesn’t seem to be going away so I don’t have advice for that

It definitely helps to know what others are going through and that we’re in this together! Best healing wishes!! <3
Unread 04-16-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciamae View Post
So sorry!

Please describe to your doctor how much pain you are in. If it hurts enough to cry, otc meds won’t cut it.

The shoulder pain usually responds to the heating pad and a pain killer. So let the doctor know you’ve tried this and are still in pain.

Please update us after the doctor returns your call.

Feel better.
I ended up icing my shoulder. My brother is a physical therapist and after talking with him, we figured since I have a small tear in my bicep, the heat was making the shoulder inflammed. Ice definitely helped.
Unread 04-16-2021, 12:27 PM

I hope you continue to heal. I'm on day 3 and feel so much better. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register