Totally frustrated!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Totally frustrated!! Totally frustrated!!

Unread 01-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Totally frustrated!!

Hi Ladies,

Right now I'm so not pleased with my doc! I put a call into her yesterday morning and she has yet to call me back.

When I saw her this past Tuesday for my pre-op (which I'm supposed to finish up this coming Monday the 14th), I had a list of legitimate quesitons which I really feel through her for a loop (she's a bit on the cocky side and I get the impression that she's not used to being questioned). I wasn't even done asking her quesitons, she stood up and informed me that she had other patients to see, gave me a hug and walked out of the room.

I was a bit stunned first of all because she gave me "pat" answers or else went SO indepth that I had a hard time following and then she walks out on me.

It took me writing to Kim of the Hormone Jungle (thanks again Kim for helping me! You are the Best!) to understand why my doc and most docs in general do NOT do hormone level tests pre-op.

Now that I have other quesitons especially since I HIGHLY suspect that I have endo and she refused to address that on Tuesday when we met. She is not returning my call and this REALLY makes me wonder if I have the right doctor for me.

I've already called my Family Practice doc and have an appointment with her this coming Tuesday to discuss getting authorization (we are a Navy family) to seek a second opinion with another doc.

All I know is that I MUST feel confident in my doctor and right now I DO NOT!

Thanks for listening,

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2002, 02:31 PM
Hi Laurie

That is totally your decision to get another opinion. No DR that is a good DR will get upset. I totally believe like you I need to feel comfortable with my DR to trust her. My DR is a doll she always listen to what I say and tries to explain. So go for it. God Bless and keep us informed on what happens with you.
Unread 01-10-2002, 02:34 PM
Totally frustrated!!

Laurie, good for you, you are right! You must trust this (with your life), if she can't take the time to answer your questions, how will she treat you during surgery? I don't want a surgeon doing a "rush job" on me either.

I will pray that you find another doctor, a perfect fit, who listens, cares and treats you well.

I can't imagine going though all of this anxiety over surgery and not be 100% sure about my doctor on top of it. Bless your heart!

My are with you.

Barbara
Unread 01-10-2002, 07:39 PM
Totally frustrated!!

Hi, Laurie!
My two cents: Get a 2nd or even 3rd opinion until YOU're satisfied. This IS a big deal - you're not just going in for an oil change - this is major surgery! You should feel absolutely positively completely SURE your doc is right for you. My DH was in the Air Force and I know how those mil docs can be - left many an appointment in tears after being treated like a nameless, faceless number on a chart. But there ARE some really great docs in service, so I'm going to join Barb in praying that you find THE doc for you!

BTW...my doc didn't do any pre-op hormone testing either. Although she didn't say (and I didn't press the issue - I trust her that much), I suspect it's because I had such a history of cysts and suspected endo that we weren't sure if my ovaries were working all that well anyway. She did, however, say that she does a level test at my first adjustment. I'm only 10 weeks post op and my patch has been working peachy. When I exhibit symptoms that indicate a need to adjust my hrt, she'll do a test then and use that as a base to adjust my doseage. Makes sense if you consider that NOW is great (before wasn't) so that seems like a more logical place to start - NOW being ideal and adjusting up or down when I need it. Clear as mud? Yeah, me too!

Anyway...keep plugging and here's hugs and prayers that you'll soon find a really GREAT doc that you trust and one that will answer all your questions.
love,
-di
Unread 01-11-2002, 05:57 AM
Totally frustrated!!

Laurie,
You are so welcome! I'm so glad that I could help!

If your doctor is not being helpful or answering your questions I think you are wise to seek a second opinion. There are kind caring docs out there.

Do keep us posted. Feel free to email me anytime. kimm@hystersisters.com

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register