Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Scared

Hello everyone, I am new to this and I am very scared. I do not feel good about it at all, so I am seeking to get info from anyone that will give it to me. I will make up my mind in in the long run. But for now I just want to do some research on Hyst. My DR just told me last week that I might need one. I have Fibroids and a cysts on my right and left Ovary. I am 36 almost 37 years old. I never thought that anything would be wrong with me at this age. I try to look at the bright side about it if anyone can tell me what the bright side is. I have just started doing some research on hyst. like asking certain people questions that I know who have had hyst. I hear a lot of positive things about it. But I always have to remember that no two bodies are the same. I have heard good things about my GYN with out giving out his name. So that is two thumbs up for him. But I am still confused about this whole thing. I feel as if I will be losing my womanhood and gaining hotflashes. I will keep on praying about this.
Thanks for reading my fears.

ShirleyDee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2003, 08:52 PM
als scare

hi shirley dee i was also scare and couldnt decide to have hyst are not but finally decide to have it on dec.6 2002 a tah remved both ovary have large fibroids cyst on both ovaries but im doing fine dr put me on estratest became depression body was gone thru a lots of changes went back to dr jan. 9 dr said i was doing good and i do feel good today better than i did 3 days ago i donot regret have my surgery no more pain but i know how you feel i was scare too so you keep prayin and you will make the right decision
Unread 01-10-2003, 06:18 PM
scared

Shirleydee I just wanted to say hi and that you are not alone(even though it sure seemes like it).I am in the same boat though I am a bit older 45.Been watching large fibroids but the pain seems to be getting worse and the heavy bleeding has my H&H very low now.I 'm really scared myself(was just told last week too that the hyster seems very probable)I'm trying a natural progesterone for a while because I won't take lupron(I have cfids and react badly to strong chemicals),Anyway take care of yourself I guess we will all get through this somehow.God Bless, Jasper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Thanks for Listening

Thank you for the little info, it made me feel a little better. 01-13-03 I have to get a biopsy. I had one a few years ago and I hated it. It did not make me feel good at all. I do not mean to complain a lot or act like a big baby but this whole thing do not feel good at all. I am in pain all day and when my menstrual come on every month it is heavy and I feel so nasty. But I am going to deal with it now that I have people to talk to about it. Before I did not have much to go by but what I was asking people that I knew. Thanks for listening to my problems. I am really scared about the Hyst. I heared that it hurts so much after you get the hyst. You have to stay on heavy Meds. for a little while. But people that I know that had one are doing fine and they told me that they are doing great.
Unread 01-10-2003, 07:10 PM
Scared

Hi ShirleyDee

Sweetie, I think most of us were scared when our doctor first said the word hysterectomy! If you need to, get a second opinion, although from my understanding ovarian cysts are nothing to fool around with.

I'm sorry you're facing this possibility at your age, but the best thing you can do is research. It's your body, and no one will have your best interests at heart like you do! You need to be sure in your heart that you're making the right decision.

It's true that you may need to be on HRT if your ovaries are removed, but some ladies have a really easy time getting their levels right -- others don't, that's just a fact.

And your womanhood will not be lost! You'll be just as feminine and sexy as you are now --- and you'll feel tons better!

I hope this helps!

z
Unread 01-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Scared

Hi ShirleyDee,

Just wanted to give you some gentle hugs and let you know that we'll be here for you. It is VERY scary the first time a doc suggests that you may need a hyst ...

For me, the best advice I got was to check out this website. Once I came here, I found many links to information on gyn disorders, and several book recommendations. The first book I read, and liked a lot, was Fibroids: The Complete Guide to Taking Charge of Your Physical, Emotional and Sexual Well-Being by Johanna Skilling. Another great book is The Woman's Guide to Hysterectomy by Adelaide Haas, PHD and Susan Puretz. (And, of course, there's the Hystersisters book!)

Becoming informed about your gyn problems, the symptoms and various treatments is very empowering. With information, you'll be better able to make a decision. Hang in there. Keep reading and posting and let us know how you are doing.

Beth
Unread 01-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Thanks

Beth,Thanks fo th info, It mak me fel god to know that people are listening to me as ellas understand what I am going through. I will go and get a few books to read as well astalk tomy DR. I will fel much better after I find out much more aout what wil be happening to me.

Shirley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register