Yet another bowel prep post | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yet another bowel prep post Yet another bowel prep post

Unread 02-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Yet another bowel prep post

I finished drinking the magnesium citrate--lemon flavored. Even mixed with ginger ale, over ice, through a straw--that is some nasty stuff! I chased it with a cup of water followed by a cup of plain ginger ale. Thank God I only had to drink one bottle. So, now the waiting begins...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 12:45 PM
I wonder how long the "wait" is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbgvfan
I finished drinking the magnesium citrate--lemon flavored. Even mixed with ginger ale, over ice, through a straw--that is some nasty stuff! I chased it with a cup of water followed by a cup of plain ginger ale. Thank God I only had to drink one bottle. So, now the waiting begins...
Pbgvfan:

Um, if you feel like typing, let us know how long the "wait" is until that stuff kicks in. 1/2 hour? 6 hours? I've used the Fleet Phospho-soda before and for me, it is instantaneous. This doc's prep calls for the magnesium citrate. Not sure what to expect in "wait" time for that. Good luck on Wednesday. I START drinking my goo that afternoon and my surgery is on Friday. You'll be in my prayers tomorrow. Take care!
Unread 02-26-2008, 01:29 PM

I didn't have to wait very long--only about 45 minutes. But, I haven't had to "take up residence" in the bathroom. It's been coming in waves, between 25 and 30 minutes. For me, the colonoscopy prep was much more intense. (I took the pills.) Good luck on Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 04:37 PM

Glad the prep is, ahem, "going" well for you. Sorry, couldn't resist.

to you and best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy, uncomplicated recovery.
Unread 02-26-2008, 05:29 PM

(((pbgvfan))) ~ Glad to hear things are "going" as well as can be expected. Sounds like everything is working just as it should. Rest well tonight and good luck tomorrow. Look forward to hearing from you on the post-op boards!
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:58 PM

This is probably one of my last posts pre-op. Thanks for all the good wishes. I made it through the bowel prep and even got to see my son's play, which had been re-scheduled from Friday night due to bad weather. See you on the other side!
Unread 02-27-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
This is probably one of my last posts pre-op. Thanks for all the good wishes. I made it through the bowel prep and even got to see my son's play, which had been re-scheduled from Friday night due to bad weather. See you on the other side!
pbgvfan

I'm praying for you today and glad that you made it through the prep. I am also glad that you got to see your son's play.

Blessings on you ....
Unread 02-28-2008, 06:03 AM

Quote:
I didn't have to wait very long--only about 45 minutes. But, I haven't had to "take up residence" in the bathroom. It's been coming in waves, between 25 and 30 minutes. For me, the colonoscopy prep was much more intense. (I took the pills.) Good luck on Friday.
My doc is requiring me to take the phospho soda stuff AND the pills (4 Dulcolax)!! Yikes!!
Unread 03-01-2008, 09:07 AM

Thanks for all of your good wishes. I'm back home and so relieved that it's all over. I felt like Dorothy at the end of "The Wizard of Oz".
Unread 03-01-2008, 09:29 AM

So sorry hon you had to drink that stuff BEST WISHES FOR SURE TO YOU!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register