2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 102 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-26-2007, 08:49 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Jan, are you tired because you didn't sleep last nite? I slept about 9 hrs. last nite , the longest since my hyster. The last two nites I was awake at 2 or 3 am and did not fall back to sleep until around6 then up at 6 am. What a crazy sleeping pattern I've been having.

Hope your GD is feeling better.

Have a good day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 09:00 AM

Good morning everyone! I laid around the house all weekend, so now after the kids go to school, I'm going to attack this house and make it clean.
My sleep is better, and the night sweats are becoming infrequent. mrs willie: I still swear by amitryptaline. It is prescription, but it's cheap, safe, been around forever, and it comes in a 10 mg size, so you can start off small, and increase if you need to. I only need one at bedtime. My fibercon tabs are a miracle for me as well. Absolutely no constipation and I only take 2 tabs in the morning. It's over the counter and available cheaper at Costco, so there's no reason not to try it. Aside from fatigue, I would say my surgery symptoms are gone. Thank you Jesus! I' m so sorry for you sisters who are not in the clear yet, and have to worry about this and that. Labs, incisions, insomnia, bowel problems, all of it weighs you down. I wish I could come and take it away. I guess I'm not truly out of the woods until my weight is stable. I don't worry about it, but everyone around me does. My family wants to implement a "plan" for me. They said they would handle my mortgage pmts, child care, etc. if I choose to take them up. I need more info. I feel pretty good though. I went to church for the first time in 7 weeks yesterday. Went alone, to a church I've never been to. It was different. Can't say I got a whole lot out of it, actually. When church is good, it's GREAT for me.
It's sad that now that we can exercise, it's so cold outside. Maybe I will start lifting small weights in my home. I just want to retain the muscle I've got left, and maybe add a little to it. I have an elliptical, but I won't do it until/if I weigh more. Anyone else exercising at this point?
Unread 11-26-2007, 10:12 AM

Hey Idaho funny you should ask... I just got home from a 30 minute walk... longest yet since surgery> I really feel good I am doing little with light weights. I feel like today is the best I have felt!
With your weight gain have you ever tried the gaining protein powders? Maybe just add the protein into your smoothies??

Mrswillie I hope GD wears herself out being crabby and you can both have a nice nap!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM

Hi Joan, Yes I am exhausted every day but can not sleep. I am going to make an appointment with my GP. My gyne would not give me anything to for sleep but I am going to try my GP because I really feel I can not go on like this. It is really wearing me down. My tummy is feeling so much better, it is just the sleep and the bowels. Michelle I did get the fibercon and I do take it, but I am at 2 days again. Tomorrow I will have to take the miralax if nothing comes of today. The baby just went down so I am goin to eat and try and rest some. Keep your fingers crossed she wakes up happy!!

Take care you wonderful ladies you help me get through every day!!!
Unread 11-26-2007, 01:26 PM

Hi ladies,

My family and I had such a nice four day together, it was really hard to get back to a normal routine today. DH and I had a nice date night Sat. We went out for a nice relaxing dinner. The kids were in bed we got home, so we watched a movie and talked. It is cold here, but sunny.

Jan I am really sorry you are having problems sleeping. I hope your gyn will give you something to help you. Other than that and the bms, do you feel like your making better progress towards recovery? Thanks for letting us know where to go when they move us.

Michelle I'm glad to hear you are doing much better.
Unread 11-26-2007, 04:43 PM

Hello everyone,
I hope you are having a good day. I went back to work today after 8 weeks recovery. Wow, I was so nervous. Most of the people I work with were wonderful. They stopped by my office throughout the day to check in and see how I felt. One guy came in and told me that my boss went around the office telling everyone I wouldn't be back after 6 weeks because as she said " the queen is taking two more weeks off". Nice huh. LOL. Today was my date to return to work so I don't know why she was so mad at 6 weeks. Right before I was told that, my boss gave me this big hug and said she was glad I was back and that it was good I took all the time I needed. A little two-faced wouldn't you say? Oh well. I'm a little tired but looking forward to tomorrow and getting stronger every day.
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:02 PM

Hi Ladies...

Another busy few days I just had. Went for my post op Friday and everything was good.

Went to see my daughter this weekend and succesfully made the 8 hour round trip drive. Had a great time, we saw a movie and went swimming, even got to sit in the hot tub for a while. Slept good Sat night. (that has been my only sleep good night in forever)

Started work today and that went well, it felt good to be back...I am so tired now my eyes burn. Guess that is what happens with only 3 hours of sleep and no nap. i have got some getting used to, to do!

I hope everyone had a wonderful relazing Thanksgiving!

SMILES
Jenn
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:06 PM

Hysterhelp42
I know how that is.... my job was calling me 2 weeks out asking if I was gonna be able to come back by the 4 wks mark. (Mind you, they terminated me when I told them I had to have a hysterectomy) Now all the sudden that Im gone, they realize that I was an asset! Oh well... Im still at home recovering. Im in no hurry to get back. Not now. I was thinking about going back, just to have a job. Ive decided its best to look elsewhere. Some people don't understand what its like to have so many female problems! I have been through it all! They have no idea.
Ya, my boss was a little two faced as well. Just igore it. Think about you and your health. This is a major surgery!
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:08 PM

Hi Jan, I know what you need: a MESSAGE.. I have never had one but anyone who has loves it. Do this for yourself.

Cannot believe how many are back to work now, seems only like yesterday that we were hurting so.

I hope that no one has any complication and are gaining strength everyday. That is what I feel like I can carry much more weight now. Ready to start strength training. maybe 3 lbs.? haha

take care everyong and have a good nite and sleep well
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:14 PM

its me again. I meant to say massage,,, Jan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register