2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-14-2007, 05:17 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleanor
Happy Birthday Mrs Willie - Have a good one or as good as it can be. Maybe you will to sleep tonight on your birthday. I often wonder when I wake up if I have really slept, I don't feel like I have. I go to bed oh so tired and then I wake up and move from one bedroom to another in the search of something that will make me cool or even a bit of Feng Shui that will give me a bit of peace. Perhaps when I can I need to consider this Feng Shui business. Probably will be too late then and I'll be an eternal insomniac. Anyway enough of my nonsense. Keep on recovering.
LOTS OF LOVE
Feng Shui never crossed my mind, but I would put my whole house on a truck and move it around if that would help; so it is definitely worth a try! Do not even think that this insomina will become eternal for us!! I am convincing myself daily that this is only tmporary for me and now also for you, and all our Hyster Sisters. I know I certainly do not want to continue like this for much longer. Thank you for your well wishes and you hang in there. We will get back to sleeping one of these days, probably on our desks back at work!

Take care
Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 08:37 AM

Debbie, I had my 6 wks check up yesterday and my blood pressure was up also. Everything seems to be out of wack since my surgery. I also had a blood test for colesterol and that was higher than I have every had it...hopefully all will return to normal so hang in there.
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:42 AM

mrswillie ask the doctor for a sleeping pill, I ususally only get 2-2.5 hours of sleep at a time and just before surgery I asked the doctor to give me something to help, he gave me some ambien. At first I only got about 4 hours sleep with them but last night I took one and I fell asleep at 11 and woke up at 7, I feel like a new woman.
I go for my weekly doctor visit today, but this was supposed to be the 6 week post op visit so we shall see what happens. My incision is till open but now it is down to about 1 inch and not leaking anymore, hopefully everything on the inside is healing correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 08:51 AM

well..good morning everybody. These last 3 days I believe have been the turning point for me. I have never felt better. I am doing some stretching exercises, among other things. Last night was the first night for me and my hubby (if you know what I mean) he was very gentle and there was no pain. He said he did not see any change in anything. Not to be too graphic, but he did not penetrate all the way, or you know what inside of me (this is weird writing this but I want everyone to know about the progress they may have in front of them) I was leary at first, but it was all planned out. I will not be at my 6 week mark until this Monday, but I could not wait any longer. I hope this helps. Take it slow and ease into it. (hope this didn't offend anyone.
Unread 11-14-2007, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukipup
mrswillie ask the doctor for a sleeping pill, I ususally only get 2-2.5 hours of sleep at a time and just before surgery I asked the doctor to give me something to help, he gave me some ambien. At first I only got about 4 hours sleep with them but last night I took one and I fell asleep at 11 and woke up at 7, I feel like a new woman.
I go for my weekly doctor visit today, but this was supposed to be the 6 week post op visit so we shall see what happens. My incision is till open but now it is down to about 1 inch and not leaking anymore, hopefully everything on the inside is healing correctly.
Thanks sukipup. I am going to ask him again. l
Last time he would not give them to me. He said the root cause was hormonal so we needed to treat that, but it is either not enough or it is just taking too long to work but in the meantime I am beat. Good luck at the doctor's visit today. I hope all goes well and you are healing wonderfully.

Joan I hope things settle down with your blood pressure and such. You probably just need some more time after surgery. I know it certainly does throw the body for a loop, but luckily we all seem to be making progress in one way or another.

Tina I am glad you are feeling so great! We are all getting antsy for that special night with DH so I sure do understandwhere you are coming from. I will say you are a braver than I am and I am very glad you had no pain. It will help me to know that it went so well for you guys because while I am looking forward to it when the doc gives it the go ahead, I am nervous about it at the same time. Thanks for feeling brave enough to share.
Unread 11-14-2007, 09:42 AM
HouseCleaning

Dear Hyperhyster,

I don't read the posts normally until the next day when I get them by e-mail. You have such a wonderful husband! The people who come in to clean houses are used to all kinds of settings. That is their business and they love to have customers. They will completely understand when they know you have had surgery and can't do your normal housecleaning. I, too, would feel extremely self-conscious. However, when ladies go out for nail treatments or other such pamperings (I have never had such a treat, wouldn't know what to do with it ) it's not that we can't do it ourselves, it's a treat. I would consider this in the same light as a wonderful treat as well. Enjoy every minute of it. Consider yourself so lucky!

Mrs. Willie and Jan, happy belated birthday!

I had my 6 week post-op two days ago. The doctor said I was very good. There weren't even any stitches left inside. Everything has healed up fine. I still have a little swelling around my incision area, which is normal and should go away after a while. I'm basically back in my normal work pants. Yesterday was my first day back to work. I work in a middle school setting so every day is a new excitement. The day actually went by well. The student I work with primarily was so excited to see me again! She didn't want to leave my sight. It's so nice to be back to work. I'm in a tiny bit of pain around my incision, but I think it is because I tried sleeping on my stomach last night. I still can't as it still hurts. Oh well, it will come. I'm so sorry to read about many of you who still have a number of issues. I don't know what to say or how to help. I wish I did. I just pray for you that you will be healed soon. Well, I better run as I have to get to work soon. It's actually above zero this morning so haven't needed to plug the car in too long this morning to warm up the engine. You all have a wonderful day.

Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperhyster
Good morning
Well today is 6 weeks for me. I'm anxious for my post op Friday. I hope I'm healing well and that I'll be cleared to at least get back to some normalacy. My DH left on a business trip yesterday and won't be back until Thursday. He calls me last night and tells me he's arranged for a person to come in and clean our house. He gave me her number and said she has a list of everything that needs to be done and all I have to do is call her and tell her what day this week I want her to come in. It was a nice surprise, but I have never had anyone come in and clean for me EVER. I feel kind of weird about it. I'm embarassed to have anyone come in and see how dirty this house is. Maybe I should just be happy about it. I had be talking to my DH this past weekend about how I really want the house clean for the holidays and how even if I'm cleared to do some cleaning I don't know if I'll have the energy to get it done. I'm sure that's why he did it. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it and I think it was nice of him I just feel kind of funny about it. I feel like I need to clean before someone comes in to clean. LOL Sorry for rambling on.

idahonurse I hope you will feel better soon.
Mrs. Willie I hope you're doing o.k. today.
Wackadoo I hope that you're doing o.k. today.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Unread 11-14-2007, 09:52 AM

Grace,

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

I am so jealous of you fitting back into your pants! I wonder why it is that some women get in right away, some by 6 weeks, and I have read others on this site that have taken 9months. I know I have seen a little improvement but I still am not able to fit. One of these days. I keep checking the scale and am trying not to worry about it as long as I know I have not put on any postop weight.

Congrats on your great appointment and on your diminished swelly belly!!

Jan
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:10 AM
oh, jeeeze

I told you guys I wasn't doing well. I was right. Had to call 911 yesterday. Only my phone wouldn't work at all. Finally, in tears had to shut the <oops! please don't attempt to override the website censor! > thing off and then on again to reset it. By then I was in panic mode. The first call I made when it worked was to my kids school. Afraid there'd be no one there to pick him up. What a terrible thing that would be. The school called 911 for me, then my dh who was at the hospital. My heart raced and so did my breathing whenever I'd stand up and walk around a little. I got out of breath when my mom called and she got worried. One thing led to another and I was one wet noodle who had numb arms and legs and couldn't help myself. My dh took me to the hosp. where I got fluids. My internal thermostat is sooo messed up I go from chattering teeth cold to sweating hot in 10 minutes, around the clock. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I'm stil clammy and I can't type well. I'm bed bound today. I didn't read the recent posts, cause I'm too sick. I'll read them when I'm well. my wt dropped again, but I have a neighbor filling my prescription to help me find my appetite. Wish me luck!
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:33 AM

Wow Michelle I am so sorry! I am glad you are resting in bed. When you are much better and feel up to it you have to explain what caused this. Did just your fluid levels throw your internal thermostat off so bad, or an infection or what? I hope you are feeling well enough to catch up on some sleep I fuly understand how awful a person feels when they are sleep deprived.
Take care and know I am still thinking of you often and praying~Jan
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:44 AM

Thankyou mrswillie. I posted a thread to help other sisters avoid what happened to me. Basically, I've gotten down to skin and bones and no fluid to carry my blood around my body. I started shutting down. I knew something was wrong when I couldn't catch my breath when walking. My heart was having to beat to fast to keep my mind conscious. I started getting numb all over. My phone wouldn't make any outgoing calls. My neighbors weren't home, only my 9 yr old. I started to panic. I finally called school out of breath, said this is an emergency, my son has to take bus home, they called 911 for me. My hands were numb by then. I still haven't peed in 2 days even w/all of the fluids. wish me luck, gotta go now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register