Fibroid on left side ..now having pain on right also | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fibroid on left side ..now having pain on right also Fibroid on left side ..now having pain on right also

Unread 12-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Fibroid on left side ..now having pain on right also

Can the pain be radiating to the other side? or can I have another one? I started having the right side pain about 2 weeks ago. On and off but it is coming more and more. I go for pre op appointment on Friday so I guess I will be asking if there is more than one....they should know since I had an mri, shouldn't they? So many questions...can't wait to have them answered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2013, 06:04 PM
Re: Fibroid on left side ..now having pain on right also

Im new to the site, just found out I have 12.5x9x12 uterine fibroid..Do you know if that is large>>
Unread 12-31-2013, 06:29 PM

You have 12 fibroids? As far as I know, I have just one...it is the size of a grapefruit. Not sure if yours is big or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2013, 07:22 PM

Hi cross-stitcher5 -

I think you can get radiating pain from fibroids. And I would have thought that the MRI would have shown something new. But, please inform your doctor about your symptoms.

Also, FordT04 is listing the size of her fibroid, and from those dimensions it is the size of a very large grapefruit.

Unread 12-31-2013, 07:35 PM

Oh Lord, not 12..Just one>> Im scared to have surgery but my obgyn is suggesting I do.. I feel very tired and I feel like I have gained weight. When I lay down, I can feel the fibroid and it feels huge.
Unread 01-01-2014, 12:29 AM

Hello I was diagnosed with fibroids about 2 yrs ago and mine was about 5 cm and they were internal and external on my uterus at the time my gun recommended a hysterectomy but I just felt like I should explore my options so I got a second and third opinion. A few weeks ago I started having abnormal bleeding so massive I ended up in the hospital with anemia so severe I was given blood transfusions and my dr told me my fibroids had started to hemmorage and I had to have a emergency hysterectomy. This ordeal was very traumatic for me and even though my situation was rare and don't happen to every one but fibroids can cause complications so my advice is talk to your gyn and discuss treatment options for your fibroids
Unread 01-01-2014, 12:35 AM

My fibroid shifts around. When I first felt the lump it was on my right side, then it went real low last week in the middle and a couple days ago it shifted high to the left with my bottom if my rib cage hurting (guessing it pushes other organs up as well). Depending where it is located is the severity of my pain, indigestion or bladder issues. Everyday is different.
Unread 01-01-2014, 02:25 AM

Yes, you can have referred pain (really common in dentistry). All my gynae-issues were on the left side of my pelvis, yet i only ever had pain on my right side, not a squeak on the left. Amazing what little tricks our bodies can come up with!
Unread 01-01-2014, 05:57 AM

I am so glad you have only one. I couldn't imagine having more than that! I too can feel mine once in a while. Today I am having burning pain in the hip along with leg and groin pain. Constantly there and couldn't sleep on my left side. One week and it will be over!
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:37 AM

I know its very scary to think about surgery. I tried not to until the day before. My husband kept asking Me how I felt and would always so I'm fine no big deal so he wouldn't freak out. On surgery day I did cry for the first time only because I felt I had to.

I have to say the surgery WAS the best decision I have ever made. I feel so much better now. I was supposed to get my period yesterday. Lol!!! No PMS no cramps and no 18cm fibroid invading my body. My fibroid grew very quickly. I don't know why but it got to the point where my body was acting as if I was pregnant and looked the part as well.

I'm glad I had it even though lots of friends were like don't do it. I feel renewed.

Good luck with whatever your choice is. Be blessed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register