Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Apr 10, 2016 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Apr 10, 2016 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Apr 10, 2016

Unread 04-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Apr 10, 2016

Hello, I am a 46-year-old having a DaVinci hysterectomy this Wednesday, April 13th.
In the last three years, I have experienced extreme pain, bleeding and extended periods--months long.
Tonight feels weird because I have had smooth sailing the last 2 months.
I have fibroids and a cyst--no cancer--but a serious family history. Just trying to sort out doubts. You know--about ovaries, sex in the future with my husband of 16 years...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crmiles37 View Post
Hey there! I too am 28! I am having a complete hysterectomy tomorrow! I have already lost one ovary and both fallopian tubes. I am so sorry that you had an ectopic pregnancy, that is so sad. If you have a say in whether or not to leave that ovary, KEEP IT! I did alot of research on HRT, because my dr originally refused to do my surgery (I have severe pelvic pain) unless I agree to lose my last ovary. So I prayed alot about it, and God showed me a lot through my research. HRT is good, but only for short periods , like 6 years max. So us being on it, we would need at least 20 yrs of it, it ends up being extremely dangerous. Obviously if you need to be on it, it is safer to do so than to not. But if you have a choice, keep it. If you are having your your uterus removed, you'll most likely stay at least a night. If it is just your ovary, then you'll go home after surgery. As far as your liquid diet, I am not sure, because I was not instructed to do this. Good luck to you, and I will keep you in my prayers! Please let us know how it goes. . . . It's rare to find women our age having a hysterectomy. Good luck, as may God bless you!
Hi! I didn't think I would find anyone my age! And thank you so much. It's definitely been one insane yr. Our pregnancy we lost was the only one after 9 yrs of trying to get pregnant. My husband and I married when I was 18. And yes I'm praying too all goes well and that they'll be able to leave one good ovary. And I keep telling myself it will all be worth it, to be finally pain free, and to never have to worry about a period again. I am having everything removed but one ovary, so I'll make sure to pack a night bag just in case. I had to go on that clear liquid diet for all day tomorrow, plus take some magnesiun Citrate drink for a bowel prep. I'm sure I'm going to feel just lovely tomorrow. Lol. And then my surgery is at 7am tuesday. I'll be keeping you in my prayers tomorrow as well!
Unread 04-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Apr 10, 2016

My surgery is Thursday morning. Nervous as everyone else seems to be. Can't really sleep at night because of the nerves I think. Having robotic surgery due to numerous fibroids.
Unread 04-10-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie875 View Post
Hi! I didn't think I would find anyone my age! And thank you so much. It's definitely been one insane yr. Our pregnancy we lost was the only one after 9 yrs of trying to get pregnant. My husband and I married when I was 18. And yes I'm praying too all goes well and that they'll be able to leave one good ovary. And I keep telling myself it will all be worth it, to be finally pain free, and to never have to worry about a period again. I am having everything removed but one ovary, so I'll make sure to pack a night bag just in case. I had to go on that clear liquid diet for all day tomorrow, plus take some magnesiun Citrate drink for a bowel prep. I'm sure I'm going to feel just lovely tomorrow. Lol. And then my surgery is at 7am tuesday. I'll be keeping you in my prayers tomorrow as well!
I'm so glad you replied! I would like to keep in touch with you, since you are my age and going through the same thing! My surgery is scheduled at noon tomorrow and I'm freaking out! Please keep me in your prayers, as i will you!
Best of luck, and lots of prayers lady!
Unread 04-10-2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie875 View Post
I was really dreading the clear liquid diet, but it really wasn't that bad. I ate a bunch of jello and broth, and I think chewing the jello helps to fool your stomach.
Unread 04-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread Apr 10-Apr 16,2016

Our time today has come to an end - our Pre-Op Open House Chat Thread is now closed. Thank you to all our members who attended as we support one another - women helping women.

The staff of HysterSisters is sending you hugs for the best outcome for your hysterectomy.

As you wait for your scheduled surgery, if you have more questions, please start a new thread discussion here in Pre-op hysterectomy forum area.

Then, after your surgery, there will be a specially created thread for our members who have surgery this week. Look for it in the Post-op Hysterectomy Recovery forum - specifically the Hysterectomy Recover Reports forum with dates matching your surgery date. You will find your surgery sisters there.

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register