Hysterectomy scheduled for 5/10/16 (adenomyosis; lots of pain, feel like I'm in labor; any suggestions to help?) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy scheduled for 5/10/16 (adenomyosis; lots of pain, feel like I'm in labor; any suggestions to help?) Hysterectomy scheduled for 5/10/16 (adenomyosis; lots of pain, feel like I'm in labor; any suggestions to help?)

Unread 01-28-2016, 06:00 AM
Hysterectomy scheduled for 5/10/16 (adenomyosis; lots of pain, feel like I'm in labor; any suggestions to help?)

Hi everyone I've had so many issues with my uterus and ovaries since I've had my twins 11 years ago. I've had 2 cysts removed from my left ovary and since the cyst grew back my dr removed my left tube and ovary, I've had 4 dnc's I've had my right tube tied and an ablation that failed. I now have tons of scar tissue and adenomyosis. I'm in so much pain I feel like I'm in labor most days. The bleeding is insane. I'm having a hysterectomy in may, I have to wait until this semester is over for school. My dr put me on Duexis and Augustin. I'll be on both until my surgery. I cannot take the pain anymore nothing seems to help it I'm not so sure I can wait until may but I've gotta try. Any suggestions would be great!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2016, 07:34 PM
Re: Hysterectomy scheduled for 5/10/16 (adenomyosis; lots of pain, feel like I'm in labor; any suggestions to help?)

Hi Denises4 to HysterSisters

I am sorry you are in such pain - that is very hard to deal with.

We have lots of ladies on this site. Hopefully one with experience will let you know what they did.

Unread 01-29-2016, 01:20 PM
Re: Hysterectomy scheduled for 5/10/16 (adenomyosis; lots of pain, feel like I'm in labor; any suggestions to help?)

I'm so sorry you are going through this! Are you sure you want to wait until May? I understand you are in school and that is very important, but if your quality of life has greatly deteriorated, could you take a hiatus from school and start back up in the Summer or Fall semester? One of my concerns is, if you are in such pain now, will you be able to concentrate on your studies. I would discuss with your doc and talk to your school about what your options might be.
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Hysterectomy scheduled for 5/10/16 (adenomyosis; lots of pain, feel like I'm in labor; any suggestions to help?)

The best suggestion I have is move that surgery date! I had Adenomyosis and was in terrible pain all the time. it was to the point I could t function normall and it effected every day life. Like u I am in school and I also work full time. However, I just could not take the pain anymore and feeling like crap all the time. Nothing worked for me and I basically just popped pills for pain. Sorry I don't have any other advice. The only other thing my doc be out up was Lupron shots and that would put u in menopause. However, no guarantees it will work. all the research I did showed only real remedy is a hysterectomy. Sending a hug!
Unread 01-29-2016, 02:21 PM

Forgot to mention, even though I am still healing I feel soooo much better. I can't get over the difference. I feel I have my life back
Unread 01-30-2016, 03:06 AM

Thank you so very much for the advice. I've decided I'm going to call my school on Monday and see if I can miss for a few weeks and do my work from home. I'm going to call my dr also and get this scheduled for the 1st week in march!! This way I have 4 weeks to get done what I've gotta get done and to get myself ready for it. I also think the hormones she put me on for the bleeding is making me feel worse so I'm also going to ask her if I can stop taking them. Again Thanks for all your advice!!
Unread 01-30-2016, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denises4 View Post
Thank you so very much for the advice. I've decided I'm going to call my school on Monday and see if I can miss for a few weeks and do my work from home. I'm going to call my dr also and get this scheduled for the 1st week in march!! This way I have 4 weeks to get done what I've gotta get done and to get myself ready for it. I also think the hormones she put me on for the bleeding is making me feel worse so I'm also going to ask her if I can stop taking them. Again Thanks for all your advice!!
No problem! I am glad you are going to cal your doctor and figure out school. I bet the hormones are making you feel worse. Those treatments have a lot of bad side effects. . Let me know how it all goes!
Unread 01-30-2016, 12:46 PM

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain! I understand completely- waiting for my surgery in April.

Have you tried taking turmeric capsules to help a little with the inflammation? I take a couple every day along with magnesium, cinnamon and ginger capsules which all have anti inflammatory properties. It takes the edge off a little for me in addition to a bunch of other things. Pelvic floor physical therapy has helped me a bit with the pevlic muscle spasms too. Just wanted to share that in case any of those give even a tiny bit of relief in the meantime.
Obviously the surgery will be the best thing- can't wait to have mine done either! I would be happy to answer any questions on those remedies if you have them.
Good luck and take good TLC of yourself!
Unread 01-31-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBernelle View Post
I'm so sorry you are in so much pain! I understand completely- waiting for my surgery in April.

Have you tried taking turmeric capsules to help a little with the inflammation? I take a couple every day along with magnesium, cinnamon and ginger capsules which all have anti inflammatory properties. It takes the edge off a little for me in addition to a bunch of other things. Pelvic floor physical therapy has helped me a bit with the pevlic muscle spasms too. Just wanted to share that in case any of those give even a tiny bit of relief in the meantime.
Obviously the surgery will be the best thing- can't wait to have mine done either! I would be happy to answer any questions on those remedies if you have them.
Good luck and take good TLC of yourself!
Hi kbernelle
Thanks for taking the time to offer me some helpful advice. I have heard of the tumeric I started taking fish oil with omega 3 in it. My dr has me on this ibuprofen 800 mg every 8hrs and it has Prevacid in it to coat my stomach. It's not really helping. Going to call her tomorrow to set an appointment to come in and schedule my surgery.
Unread 01-31-2016, 05:22 PM

I had a tah on 12/8/15 for Adenomyosis. If you're in a lot of pain I would definitely move the surgery up.

Prescription Pain pills and ibuprofen can take the edge off sometimes.
I also use to sit in a hot bathtub when the pain became unbearable, and that helped.
Heating pads sometimes work.

I can tell you that since my hysterectomy, I have had no pain and I had spent close to 7 years trying to rid myself of it before the surgery.

Keep us updated!

Best of Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register