Acupuncture/ menopause/ hysterectomy?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Acupuncture/ menopause/ hysterectomy?? Acupuncture/ menopause/ hysterectomy??

Unread 11-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Acupuncture/ menopause/ hysterectomy??

Which one do i do?

If anyone can add their two cents, I'd really appreciate it.

Here my profile:
-- I am 54, had reg. periods before the progesterone b/c pills last few months... now, off/on blood unpredicatably all the time.

-- NO menopause symptoms ( hot flashes, sweats ).

-- Do not know when my mother went into menopause.

-- Had all reason to have a hysterectomy, before the b/c pills curtailed hugely, the bleeding.... but i still have FATIGUE from chronic feeling of pain, somehow..

Pain feels like a dull to sharp hardness, fullness, on rt. side where the fibroid is in the muscle. I have a 6.cm one filling the entire inside of my uterus.

Due to the size of the fibroid inside my uterus, my only option to a laproscopic (sub total) hysterectomy.

Worst feeling is: constant watery discharge and blood off and on, unpredicatably, associated with constant fatigue and mostly constant pain ( I think now it's almost unconsciously there).

I have tried acupuncture for 7 weeks. No change.
( She says the pain is due to my "stagnated" liver.... ???).

Dr. Parker ( yes, I see him !!).. told me to try to wait for menopause... but that was a few months ago when i saw him and now my symptoms have STILL taken over my life it seems. My eyes are almost always rimmed in red ( due to chronic pain??)....

Any gut responses?

Thanks bunches... Karin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2004, 12:12 PM

HI Karin

Have you checked out our resources on fibroids? You can find some good articles to read about your options. You will find it here Fibroids another place to check is www.thefibroidplace.com

If your current doctor does not believe that Quality of life does play a role in our everyday living, then perhaps getting a second opinion would be a good idea.

I hope you are feeling better soon.
Unread 11-12-2004, 01:32 PM

Hi Karin,

Hi again!!!

I agree with Troubled Tabby. "Quality of life" was a big issue for me too. I realized I wasn't going to die from my fibroids but how was my life going to be day-in-and-day out living with them??

In preop, I had pelvic pressure 24/7 from the fibroids. Like I was carrying a lead weight. The dull pain was always there. Mid afternoons were the worst!!

Then, I had bladder incontinence and I had to run to the restroom for trickles. And the heaviness in my periods was picking up. Plastic sheets is not my idea of a fun time!! And the tiredness you mentioned. I thought it was just being 46 and age. No...it was fibroids. They weighed me down physically and emotionally.

Did Dr. Parker discuss how much your fibroids would shrink with menopause?? My Drs said even with menopause my fibroids would not have shrunk significantly. Sounds like Dr. Parker has gone over that with you.

A hyst is a very personal decision. Something to give a lot of thought to. Right now, you are researching all alternatives and that will help you make a good choice.

Best wishes,

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2004, 09:05 PM

Hi there Karin, It's good you are trying alternatives. Have you tried Chinese herbs as well? I had some good luck with that and accupuncture. However I am still anemic. Who is Dr. Parker? Take care of yourself. And good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register