Prolapse: Deciding if I should get a supracervical hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prolapse: Deciding if I should get a supracervical hyst Prolapse: Deciding if I should get a supracervical hyst

Unread 02-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Prolapse: Deciding if I should get a supracervical hyst

I am 46 years old, have a halfway prolapsed uterus, rectocele and vaginal laxity. I am getting heavy periods and have to order "ultra" tampons online and even with them have to change almost every hour for a day or two. I've been told that a supracervical hysterectomy will solve my issues, however, I've never had surgery and am obviosly nervous. I like to run a lot which I think will make this problem get worse. I've tried some physical therapy which I think may prevent this from getting worse but certainly will not fix it. I was told that I could try a pessary but that sounds really disgusting to me and don't think it will help my feeling like a stretched out old lady!! I would appreciate any opinions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Re: Prolapse: Deciding if I should get a supracervical hyst

Hello, I am starting on my 2nd week recovery from a prolapse surgery, anterior and posterior repair surgery with removal of uterus though my vagina. I wore a pessary for 3 yrs. I had no other choice . I could not urinate and then sometimes I would have leaks. my bowels were messes up also. i do not have a partner in life so i dont know how the pessary would change the landscape inside my vagina . It worked for me until I lifted heavy things and my uterus nearly come out of me! Yes, a prolapse can get worse. the uterus can tilt over your bladder or tilt over your rectum or in the middle over vagina and cause all kinds of trouble.
Unread 02-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Re: Prolapse: Deciding if I should get a supracervical hyst

Hi dadler:

You may benefit from a 2nd or 3rd medical opinion, specifically a consult with a doctor who is expert at pelvic floor repair. I had a vaginal hyst at age 42 for prolapse, removing the uterus & cervix. I chose to keep my healthy ovaries, since they continue to dribble out good hormones even after menopause.

I hope you are able to find the right answers soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register