Help with hormones | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help with hormones Help with hormones

Unread 01-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Help with hormones

Hi,

I have just starting taking Ovcon 35 to help regulate my horrible periods before a recheck on an enlarged uterus in March. My question is this: I am on my 3rd week and I started spotting today. Also very tender ab and bloated, tender, swollen breasts and lower back pain ( i feel like I am going to start). Is this normal on the Ovcon, I heard they were not so symptomatic (from my dr).

It has been 9 years since I was on bcps and this just stinks, I feel like I am trading one problem for another. I also am having breakouts!

I noticed others have had similar problems...will this pass the longer I am on them?

Help!

Jaime-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Help with hormones

Me again,

Help!! I just started my period this morning and I have 9 pills left. I just started crying, I am so frustrated!!! am I going to have another period next week when I take the last pill...

Jaime-
Unread 01-02-2004, 07:20 AM
Help with hormones

Jaime,
I do recall before the hyst the doc gave me the bcp to try and control my periods. Unfortunately they didn't really help me very much. I do remember starting to bleed before the pills ran out. We also tried Provera at one point and that didn't do much for me either. The best thing you can do is to give your a call and let him/her know.

The bloated feeling and breast tenderness can be a sign of too much estrogen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2004, 09:22 AM
Help with hormones

Jaime:

After trying a UAE for 2 fibroids and an enlarged uterus...shrank the fibroids but did not solve the bleeding.... I did the Ovcon 35 thing for 6 months...even took a double dose the last 3 months. With the first 3 months I had breakthrough bleeding at two week intervals. The Dr. then doubled the dose the last 3 months and then it went to non-stop bleeding and even hemorraging. After having such bad luck with BCPs I read alot on the internet and found out that I was not alone.

You mentioned having an enlarged uterus...do you know from what? It could be fibroids, in which case there are many alternatives for treatment, including the UAE, which does work for many women.
Unread 01-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Help with hormones

Cynthia,

I do have fibroids and heavy bleeding with a cyst on my right ovary. My dr is trying to reduce some of the heavy bleeding and my 21 day cycle and two periods a month some months (yuck!!)before rechecking the uterus in March. She wants to see if that helps. But these side effects are almost as bad as the other. I will give it two more months and then see what the ultrasound shows. I think if I continue to have bad cycles on the bcp then we will look at adeno as the culprit, which leaves no alternatives, but hyster.

I have not discussed many options with her yet, I have just started going to her and I think she is being thorough in gathering data right now. Which is fine, because the last dr I saw looked at me, did a pelvic and said I needed a hyster--what a quack (my first visit to him)

Jaime-

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register