Is vaginal estradiol cream making me exhausted? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is vaginal estradiol cream making me exhausted? Is vaginal estradiol cream making me exhausted?

Unread 03-04-2021, 04:53 PM
Is vaginal estradiol cream making me exhausted?

Hi Sisters! I'm hoping someone with some experience may see this.

My hysterectomy was 8 weeks ago. I have both of my ovaries. At 7 weeks I had an appointment with a pelvic floor physical therapist and she noticed vaginal dryness.

I have been using estradiol vaginal cream rubbed into my vulva and vaginal opening for one week. I'm absolutely exhausted by 4 pm each day. I mean really exhausted. I've tired easily since surgery but I think it was improving before I started the estradiol cream. Is that all in my head and I'm still tired from surgery, or is estradiol making me so tired.

I am certain that my breasts have been fuller and tender since day 2 of using estradiol cream.

One other question... I have purchased a bioidentical progesterone cream. Could using that daily while using estradiol cream help with the tiredness? I really need more energy than this to get through my days!

I'd love to hear from anyone who has felt tired on vaginal estradiol cream, or who just has knowledge about these things.

Thank you!!
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2021, 05:17 PM
Re: Is vaginal estradiol cream making me exhausted?

i would think the progesterone cream is making you tired. i was given progesterone when my insomnia was really bad.
Unread 03-04-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedupinblue View Post
i would think the progesterone cream is making you tired. i was given progesterone when my insomnia was really bad.
I appreciate this a bunch, but I have never used the progesterone cream. I'm wondering if I should start using it to help with exhaustion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2021, 06:24 AM

I don't think using progesterone would help with exhaustion. One thing many women report when using it is that they feel tired. You really should check with your doctor before using an additional hormone. Even though your progesterone cream is sold over the counter, it's a good idea to have a doctor's guidance if you decide to use it.

Being tired at this point in your recovery isn't unusual, but you should mention it to your doctor if you haven't already done so. Let us know what your doctor has to say, okay?

Unread 03-05-2021, 11:57 AM

Awww thanks so much for that April. It helps just to hear that it's not unusual to feel tired 8 weeks out. It just feels like this recovery goes on and on!
Unread 03-05-2021, 01:53 PM

My doctor told me it would take a year for me to feel 100% back to normal. When he said that, I thought "Not me!" but he was pretty much right on target. Eventually you'll get to the point where you don't even think about the surgery. Even though I am active in this community on a daily basis and have been for years, I don't really think about my surgery anymore.
Unread 07-18-2021, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Dawn View Post
My doctor told me it would take a year for me to feel 100% back to normal. When he said that, I thought "Not me!" but he was pretty much right on target. Eventually you'll get to the point where you don't even think about the surgery. Even though I am active in this community on a daily basis and have been for years, I don't really think about my surgery anymore.
This is so hard to believe but gives me hope! I’m 13 weeks out and feel like I will never be normal again. My vag, bladder, everything is so over sensitive. Please tell me this all goes away. All my follow ups are normal but I just don’t feel right!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register