Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 93 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Boy I hear you there Denise about sitting on the butt again. I have been sitting most of the day but it is on a pillow in the recliner. God it hurts, I had some reconstrutive work on the hinny and there are some days it is unbearable.
I just got my first bill from the hospital today, $34,000.00 so far. I didn't know every time I asked for a pain pill or shot they charged me. $9.53 for each vicodin. Crazy huh??? since I was prescribed 30 of them and it cost me $5.00 go figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PismoBeachNativ
I just got my first bill from the hospital today, $34,000.00 so far. I didn't know every time I asked for a pain pill or shot they charged me. $9.53 for each vicodin. Crazy huh??? since I was prescribed 30 of them and it cost me $5.00 go figure.
I'm nervous for my bills to come. We have independent insurance because my DH has his own company. I have to pay 20% of the cost. Good thing everyone takes payments!
Unread 04-05-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PismoBeachNativ
Wow! We may not make a whole lot of money in the military but we have the best medical benefits in the world. I was in the hospital for five days and my doc said if I wanted to stay more I could. No limitations in the Navy hospital. They don't have some HMO dictating to them how to be doctors. I'm thrilled with the care I've received and no bill makes it even better. However, the fact that my husband has been in for 23 years and only makes about $38,000 a year for putting his life on the line kinda sucks, plus he's usually gone for 6 months about every 1 1/2 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 06:43 PM

I also got my hosp bills all together it was 34,000 the insurance adjusted it alot we are only paying 2,400 out of pocket. Like my room they tried to bill us 24,000 just for the room! You'd think all we have to pay they would treat you nicer while at the castle.
Unread 04-05-2008, 06:47 PM

My bills are at about $23,000 and that is only half of them plus my million dollar workup last week!

I am so insanely bored!!

Tuned to USA Denise.

I wish my family had my work ethic....if you know what I mean. Why is it always us women that feel the need to pick up that dust bunny while the men will step over a body and not notice it, well except if it had boobies!

My yard needs WORK!
Unread 04-05-2008, 06:47 PM

I didn't get a itemized bill. They just gave me the total and they did itemized the pain meds once I got of the pump. I know we have to pay 150.00 a day and I only spent 3 days there so it not all that bad, I thank god for our insurance.
Unread 04-05-2008, 06:50 PM

I know what you mean, I told the DH that dinner is on him and so he asked me what did I want him to p/u for dinner. God, I can't believe it, I have been cooking for the last 3 days since my sis left. I just don't understand. Oh well he has been really good through all of this
Unread 04-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Glad I'm Canadian

Boy guys - I can appreciate your health care. My sis is in Detroit, moved there after she married in 2002 - she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer - thank goodness her husband is in the auto industry - she had great coverage most of the time. Here is Canada we get excellent care, especially me because I have BRCA2+ (high risk breast cancer gene) we complain when we have to pay $10.00
dispensing feel for a perscription. Our biggest challenge here is there is not enough doctors.

However, having said that my son is an addict and we sent him to the states to rehab. Let's just say that after being debt free for several years, it's like I have a mortgage again. My son is 21 and sober for 2 1/2 years. He got excellent care and I would have paid any amount.

You are worth every dime spent on your health and may I encourage you with the saying I remind myself when ever I am overwhelmed by large hurdles.

How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time.

Bless you and may money fall from heaven upon your head.
Unread 04-05-2008, 06:57 PM

It is like they cant see the junk on the floor, I have begged for someone to the livingroom. I also have been doing laundry all day but it seems at a stand still now since the kids are fighting, Cant hide in my room to fold it
Must go break it up before someone gets hurt.
Unread 04-05-2008, 07:10 PM

Hey hystergirls!

Good day today....helped dh with a yard sale then went to spend the money on sandals for both of us. Just doing odd things around the house. Have periods where I too am really disoriented and dizzy. Glad to hear I am not the only one.

I was just talking to dh about going back to work in a week. He seems worried about me going back too soon. I already took shifts for next week. I dont know maybe another week would do me good. Figure I will try it and stop if it doesnt work.

Man you guys, I am soooo glad I had a csection with DS who was 8lbs 14 oz. I am five feet tall so he was huge for me. Glad I didnt have the option, didnt even ever go into labor.

Resting now ....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register