Upcoming hysterectomy 7/5: Do I Need a Higher Bed? UPDATE: bought a bed - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 7/5: Do I Need a Higher Bed? UPDATE:  bought a bed Upcoming hysterectomy 7/5: Do I Need a Higher Bed? UPDATE: bought a bed

Unread 07-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Re: Do I Need a Higher Bed? UPDATE: bought a bed

Post surgery update - I'm very glad I bought a bed! There is no way I would be able to get in and out as much as I have been if it was on the floor. I had surgery on Thursday and home Saturday (yesterday). Since I don't have a recliner or couch I've been in bed anytime I'm not walking or eating. Maybe TMI but sitting hurts because of the constipation. Also because of where my incision is and my fat belly rolls my doctor said that I should be on my back with my belly fat up as much as possible to have the incision exposed to air most of the time.

The bed I got is the Ikea Malm and it's the perfect height. Plus it has a little lip seeing the edge so I use it to push my legs up. I lie on my side with both my legs on the ledge first before getting them onto the mattress.

I think if I had a couch or recliner (as long as it lied flat to expose incision to air) I could have got by without a bed but since I don't I'm really glad I got the bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 7/5: Do I Need a Higher Bed? UPDATE: bought a bed

This was interesting to follow. I ordered a new bed frame as the box spring and mattress are on the floor and, frankly, I'm tired of getting up from so low down and this was a good excuse to get one! :-D

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register