Has anyone had this symptom - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone had this symptom Has anyone had this symptom

Unread 09-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Has anyone had this symptom

my BM were like that too if not worse and PAINFUL! i had to squirm about on the toilet just to get it out!!! come to find out-whle on the table the doc saw that the endo was attached to my colon and pushing it back to where it was hard to poo.....so talk to the gyno and let them know to check you out while they're in there-it sure has helped me-i never thought i'd "go" normally again! good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2005, 09:01 AM

Bowel movements used to be my favorite subject!(sad, but true). I have no embarrassment whatsoever. My pre-surgery problems must have caused inflamation to my bowels because I was always constipated. Since the surgery, the difference is like night and day.

I work with the seriously mentally ill. One of my clients describes trying to go while constipated as "Like pooping rocks". Well said!

Jennifer
Unread 09-06-2005, 09:22 AM
I am glad you asked this question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDHCRN
My TAH is getting closer (9/12) and I think it is a good thing. This is embarrassing to ask but here goes......I have been having a hard time with the BM aspect of life. It comes and goes but is getting worse the last few weeks. Pardon me if this is TMI but the stool seems to be soft formed but flattened out. Especially one side of it looks like it had to pass by an obstruction on the way out! There is no blood in it that I can see. I am wondering if a large fibroid could be pushing on the rectum and causing this. Has anyone experienced this? Please tell me you have because this is scaring me. I hope that is what is causing it or I am going to have to have a colonoscopy too! I will ask my GYN about it next week too.
Hi. I, too, have the soft formed, flat on one side bms. I have asked about this before (to my doc) and never was really given an answer. I have a feeling that it has something to do with what's going on internally with my endometriosis. Won't know for sure until after it's all said and done. (I'm anxious for my hyst!)

I have had these problems for years! Bleeding with bms, diarrhea, constipation, hemmorhoids, mucous and anal fischers. You name it, I've probably experienced it.

I just wanted to say that I am so glad you asked this question because it gave me some insight as to the possibility of my hyst making it better.

I hope your doctor can find out what is causing it and fix it for you

I pray that my doc will too

Hang in there!! You get to have your hyst on my birthday!! You lucky girl you!!

I wish you an uneventful surgery and recovery and am sending you warm hugs and lots of prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2005, 12:35 PM

MDHCRN, I just wanted to reassure you a little. I have the same BM situation, and the dr told me the "weird shape" is due to the fibroids pressing on my bowel. They are causing problems for me with trying to pass urine as well.

I have been taking stool softeners for quite a while to make things somewhat easier, drinking lots of water when I'm on my good behavior, and counting the days to my SAH.

Ingrace, I remember there was a thread a while back -- early August maybe?? -- in which a sister thought she had IBS for years and it turned out to be endo that she didn't know she had. I mentioned this to my dr since I've also had IBS symptoms for 20+ years, and asked her to please make sure to clean out anything that looks funky when she's in there doing the surgery. I think I kinda took her aback cause I have a funny way of putting things sometimes, but she understood my point.

cjcj
Unread 09-06-2005, 03:40 PM

Thanks you guys. It has gotten so bad that I was just sure I had colon cancer on top of everything else. All of your experiences make me think it might not just be fibroids but possibly endo or adeno too. Thank you for all of the posts and hugs and the same to each and everyone of you. I think I am so much more in tune and informed because of all of the wonderful sisters here.
Unread 09-06-2005, 07:21 PM

I can't believe it! Every time I read something, someone else is experiencing the same thing. Here I am thinking that I'm so wierd. I also have bladder problems and.....I have noticed a very skinny bm, which is hard to deliver. I wouldn't have thought that these things could all be connected! I have to ask my dr about this! So far he says that I have enlarged uterus and it's due to adenomyosis. He hasn't mentioned endo. I wonder if it could be that too? Does anyone know how it is diagnosed? Would he see that in an internal US?
Unread 09-06-2005, 07:25 PM

I also find it kind of interesting how the dr can check out ovaries, colon, etc while doing a tvh. But, ladies are saying that the drs do, and they also find endo other places too while they are in surgery.
Unread 09-06-2005, 10:23 PM

A little encourageing news for you guys - I'm 4 weeks post op today and I had similar issues due to a uterine / anterior prolapse and rectecole which are now resolved. It is such a nice change to to just be able to sit down, do the deed, wash hands and go! No fuss, no pain, no big deal anymore. Hope you all have great results from the surgery too.
Unread 09-07-2005, 02:36 PM

PLEASE ladies if you think something is not right ask your docs to check for rectocele, this is such an easy procedure to due along with your hyst. Many rectoceles fall away and look normal when you are laying on your back, so any time you see your gyn they would not see it. I am not saying for sure this is what is wrong with you but it could be. After reading a post very similar to this I realized I was having trouble and if I was in any other position than on my back insertion of anything, sex included was difficult. It is simple to check for this and you do not want to have to have another surgery later!! I think all gyns should check for any prolapses if they are doing a hyst anyway, especially if they plan to do it vaginally. I am so thankful for the sister that had posted her issues it got me to the doctor and I was able to have it repaired and have had very little problem since. It is so nice to be able to just GO! Angela
Unread 09-19-2005, 06:04 PM
How does the doc check for a retrocele? (sp?)

see subj... thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register