Thanksgiving plans if surgery in next couple of weeks? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thanksgiving plans if surgery in next couple of weeks? Thanksgiving plans if surgery in next couple of weeks?

Unread 10-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanksgiving plans if surgery in next couple of weeks?

Thanksgiving Day (USA) will be just under two weeks after my daVinci surgery.

I've been fretting about what to do since I am rejecting an hour or so riding in the car, each way, then being expected to help with the meal at the in-law's house...no sense in that, it will not help me heal.

Preparing a meal at our house is absolutely out of the question. Hubby doesn't cook - ever.

I was having visions of my husband taking the kids to his parents and leaving me home alone (cry) and contacting a local church that offers home-delivered turkey meals to shut-ins. (Depressing, eh?)

But, this morning, a neighbor called and invited us all over to their house - right next door, so even if the driveway is steep, I think I should be able to handle that -

how gracious, thoughtful and kind

How do you enivison Thankgsgiving if you are having surgery in the next few weeks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Re: Thanksgiving plans if surgery in next couple of weeks?

My MIL will be in town helping out with the kids (my surgery is Nov 10th). She has already offered to make us TG dinner. It's such a relief off the mind to have that part planned and taken care of.
Unread 10-26-2010, 09:43 AM

I think that was very nice of your neighbors! That sounds much better than driving an hour or being by yourself.
My mom might come here to help me but we will probably have dinner at my husbands grandparents house, unless my mom decides to cook. I still don't know exactly when my surgery is but I have to make sure I have everything covered just in case!! Good luck with your surgery and I hope everything works out for you and your holiday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2010, 09:45 AM

My surgery is schedule for Nov. 23rd. (Two days before TG.) Our family is planning on celebrating the Sunday before TG so everyone can enjoy!
Unread 10-26-2010, 10:14 AM

That was so sweet of your neighbor!!

We live next door to my mom, and that's where my whole fam damly gathers on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm usually in the kitchen with Mom, but have already been told that my tail will be on the couch for this one. Two of my sisters have stepped up, and my husband has said that whatever Mom needs him to do, he'll do.
Unread 10-26-2010, 10:19 AM

Luckily, my family and my in-laws live very close, so it should not be an issue. I will just do what I can and leave if I don't feel good. It couldn't be any worse that Thanksgiving when my oldest daughter was born. She was born Monday, and Thanksgiving Thursday was the day I was engourged..that was miserable!
Unread 10-26-2010, 10:32 AM

We're doing Thanksgiving at my step-daughter's house. She doesn't cook & I won't have the energy, but Wal-mart has a good turkey dinner package deal. It's obviously not homemade, but not bad.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register