Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2018 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2018 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2018

Unread 10-09-2018, 10:10 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistott View Post
Hi. I had my TLH on Monday and coming into day 2 post op here in Australia. Its 1.30am and ive just had more pain meds so fingers crossed I'm about to get at least another couple of hours sleep.
My op went long but well and I'm so grateful I dont have any gas pain. But I have suffered badly from nausea and vomiting. It really got on top of me and it took all of yesterday to find which drug was going to settle me down. Stopping the IV Morphine and taking slow release pain relief has made a good difference also.
Ive started walking to the bathroom and the hardest thing is getting in and out of bed, otherwise so far so good.
Hope everyone is doing well
I think the IV drugs really make some people nauseous. It seems to add insult to injury that a medication that gets rid of pain makes one ill especially right when we need to feel as well as possible. I completely agree about getting into and out of bed. I can neither stand nor hunch over so I’ve developed this awkward stooped shuffle. I’ve never before wished for a remote control toilet that could wheel itself over haha. I hope your nausea goes away and you get good rest to feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelP95 View Post
Hello Ladies, happy to hear everyone is doing great and supporting each other. The pain from the gas will get better. Walkng as much as possible really helps. Everyone feels it in different places, for me it was the shoulder area. GasX was a big reliever for me. Happy to read you are all drinking water, that is really important in your recovery. That is all I drank was water. I also found that using feminine wipes instead of toilet paper was very soothing. Remember, this is the very early stages in your recovery, so be kind to yourself. Get plenty of rest, and take things very slow. Getting up can be a task. I always had my tummy pillow for support. Spotting is going to be normal. Some may experience spotting several days after. Don't be alarmed if you see this. If it's just spotting, you're ok. If your soaking through a pad every hour or so you need to contact your Doctor. This is a wonderful thread to share your recovery journey, but always consult with your Doctor first if you believe you are experiencing something out of the norm.
Hugs to you all.
Thank you for your post! I’m curious did the GasX help on the abdominal gas? I understand it is corrosive and thus irritates the phrenic nerve. Can GasX work on non-intestinal gas? I’m going to try some just in case it does. Did the spotting come and go? I had a tiny bit at 9pm last night and twice more today but it was hours apart. I love the idea of wipes, I wish I had thought of that when I was preparing my “mountain of supplies I might need”. I’ll have to ask my husband if he wouldn’t mind grabbing some. Thanks so much for the advice!
Unread 10-09-2018, 11:16 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2018

Hope you start feeling better soon Fistott. I find holding a pillow against me is comforting when coughing and for support.

I’m home now, my husband and daughter picked me up a couple hours ago. Dogs were crazy happy to see me but I have my trusty pillow to protect me! Hoping to get a good nights sleep tonight, not sure how that’s going to work out lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwolcott View Post
I think the IV drugs really make some people nauseous. It seems to add insult to injury that a medication that gets rid of pain makes one ill especially right when we need to feel as well as possible. I completely agree about getting into and out of bed. I can neither stand nor hunch over so I’ve developed this awkward stooped shuffle. I’ve never before wished for a remote control toilet that could wheel itself over haha. I hope your nausea goes away and you get good rest to feel better.

Yes, I too do the awkward stooped suffle! The nurse said to look straight ahead when I do it not down at my feet, guess thats so I don't walk into the door LOL.
I just woke after another 2 hrs sleep, looks like thats my share of sleep as its now 4.30 am and my neighbors are both snoring in time LOL
Pain meds here I come
Unread 10-09-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwolcott View Post
Thank you for your post! I’m curious did the GasX help on the abdominal gas? I understand it is corrosive and thus irritates the phrenic nerve. Can GasX work on non-intestinal gas? I’m going to try some just in case it does. Did the spotting come and go? I had a tiny bit at 9pm last night and twice more today but it was hours apart. I love the idea of wipes, I wish I had thought of that when I was preparing my “mountain of supplies I might need”. I’ll have to ask my husband if he wouldn’t mind grabbing some. Thanks so much for the advice!
Hi, although the GasX is mainly for intestinal gas, it does help in the relief from the gas they inflate your abdomen wiith prior to surgery. Everyone's biochemistry is different, so speed of gas relief will vary by person. It helped me alot, and it also helps with bloating. Try and stay away from any carbonated drinks during your recovery. Spotting will definitely come and go. This can actually last several weeks. For me, I had absolutely none after surgery. The spotting came about 5 days later. No need to worry as long as it's just spotting. Sending hugs.
Unread 10-09-2018, 04:07 PM

I’m not so bad with the gas thankfully, just let it out whenever you can! My shoulders still hurt a little but the twinge I kept getting in my right inner thigh has gone so time really does heal.

I fell asleep at 7.30pm and slept for 3.5 hours straight. Just took some pain meds and went to the loo and I’m going to try to get some more sleep now. Try to rest as much as you can, it’s the best thing your body needs!
Unread 10-09-2018, 05:19 PM

Hello Ladies, so there isn’t a misunderstanding, when I'm speaking of gas, I'm not talking about the usual gas that causes flatulence. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Prior to the actual procedure, your abdomen is inflated with a gas. This allows for the surgeon to have more room in the abdominal cavity. It is this particular gas that causes discomfort and bloating. You will definitely feel this in your shoulder area. Sorry again for not being more specific. Even though GasX is for the usual intestinal gas, it also helps with the particular gas and bloating caused by the inflation of the abdomen.
Unread 10-09-2018, 07:22 PM

Hey sisters!
I’m typing this from my hospital bed right now. I had an LAVH this morning. The pain has been manageable but my foley keeps getting kinked and it constantly feels like the urgency to pee.
Hope all you ladies are doing well!
Unread 10-09-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msacme View Post
Hey sisters!
I’m typing this from my hospital bed right now. I had an LAVH this morning. The pain has been manageable but my foley keeps getting kinked and it constantly feels like the urgency to pee.
Hope all you ladies are doing well!
I can tell you that peeing isn’t as bad as I had feared after the surgery. I could barely walk to the bathroom due to the pain from the insufflation but urinating itself was not that bad. Especially since gravity helped!
Unread 10-10-2018, 02:26 AM

Hi ladies! I had my procedure Monday morning. LSH W/SO other ovary previously removed. Recovery has been going fairly well, just sore and moving slow. But now my 4 yr old is sick. I don’t really have anyone to take him to dr tomorrow, so don’t know what I’m going to do. Here’s hoping I don’t get whatever he has on top of recovering from surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register