quality of orgasms after hysterectomny - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

quality of orgasms after hysterectomny quality of orgasms after hysterectomny

Unread 08-30-2004, 09:40 PM
quality of orgasms after hysterectomny

Maria Elena,
I too am going in for a Total Hysterectomy, on 9/10/04!! Very soon!
I have the same concern as you: Will I still be able to acheive that marvelous INTERNAL orgasm. I'm not worried about the clitoral O, as those orgasms are not affected by the removal of the cervix/uterus (or so I've been told).

It seems that the replies to your post may not be addressing the Internal orgasm, but the Clitoral variety. I've heard not everyone has had the internal (I can only acheive during intercourse when I'm on top, not by masturbation, if that gives you a hint as to what I'm talking about.)

Why is there so little info on this topic? I may cancel my procedure, because the clitoral orgasm is hard for me to acheive, and I don't want to spend the rest of my like "orgamless" HELP!

Quote:
Originally posted by maria elena
Hi,

I am scheduled for an abdominal hysterectomy on 1/22. I am 39 years old and have a long history of severe pain with my period. I have tried hormone therapy, etc., but it just keeps getting worse. At this point I am not having anymore children so my doctor reccommended this surgery. Right now I am having only my uterus removed, possibly my ovaries depending on whether they have any endometrial scarring/lesions. My doctor advised having my cervix removed but I am frightened that losing it will affect the quality of my sexual experience.

I noted that one woman wrote that a nurse told her that the clitoris is not involved in the surgery and therefore sexual response associated with the clitoris remains the same. I can understand that. My fear is that the deep internal orgasm I experience associated with that area located on the backside of my vagina, (I don't know what it is called, I think it is the "G" spot?) will be lessened. It seems to me that this type of orgasm is different from the one I have from the clitoris because it involves spasms of muscles involving the uterus and maybe the cervix. Does anyone out there understand where I am coming from? I couldn't manage to bring this up with my male doctor and I am really worried. I can't find any literature about this and this website is the only one that seems to be open and frank enough for me to broach this subject. Thanks for your input - I really appreciate any advice regarding whether removing my cervix will have any affect on the quality of those oh so wonderful and spirited moments of pure joy!

Thanks,

Maria Elena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2004, 04:56 AM

HI maria...have to say i had exactly the same worries as you before i had my hyst...my orgasms were very intense and had the same contractions which i thought came from the uterus etc...but i can tell you they dont because they are still as intense and i still get the same contractions so cant be from the uterus or cervix as i now have neither...and i have to say also that if anything its better now and i honestly never thought id say that.

Hope that helps you ladies good luck with your surgeries

Unread 09-03-2004, 07:44 AM

My concern was the same as yours...
10 months post-op TVH i can tell you that
clit0ral 0's are the same
and the deeeeeeeep/he hit my ce#rvix 0's that i l0ved
are just as good
the
cervical stim is gone
but the deep v#aginal o's that i contributed to my ce#rvix are still there and were probably not related to my ce#rvix, as i thought...

~Liz
Unread 09-04-2004, 12:46 AM

Thanks LaughingAngel, msmonih and Libbytish. Your replies have calmed my fears. Maybe the stuff I'm seeing on the web about removing the cervix and uterus = sexual c@stration is a bunch of BS. I'm so relieved as I'm really looking forward to being rid of the thing! Painful periods, monthly visits to the ER, etc. Six days til surgery....Yippeee!
Unread 09-04-2004, 07:38 AM

Hi Maria,

I had my TAH on March 23, 2004. They took my cervix too. I have a vaginal cuff like the ladies describe with a vag. hyst. One of my biggest worries before was how it would affect my sex life. My husband tells me that things don't feel different for him (his appetite hasn't changed) and I'm much more energetic. I did a very naughty thing and only waited until after the first week. When I say that, you have to understand that we didn't have vigorous sex but I just wanted to make sure that it still felt "right". It was such a relief to me that I broke down in tears. I would never advise doing that because I know that there is a huge risk for infection. It really was a huge load off my mind. We did wait until I had a doctor's clearance (4 weeks) to REALLY have sex and while the big "O" was a little different, it was there. Now, almost 6 months later I think the big "O" is like before and sometimes better.

Good luck!!

Debbie D
Unread 09-05-2004, 05:47 PM
re: "The Big O"

hello, I too will be having an AH in October and had the same concerns about orgasms that several of you do. Currently I enjoy 2 very different types of orgasms...Clitoral and a deeper internal one. Both are fabulous, and I woryy about losing the internal type due to whats being removed. I am hoping my Dr can keep my ovaries, but I am leaning toward having my cervix removed....still undecided on that. I realize it would mean no more paps, but I have had tremendous bladder pressure (due to Fibroids) and have heard that removing the cervix may mean a loss of support for your bladder??? Will just getting rid of the uterus (hence the fibroids) help with the bladder pressur? ANd because of the pressure on my bladder does that mean it will always be weak? Any answers or advice would be appreciated.
Thanx, Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register