want to see what comes out of me! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

want to see what comes out of me! want to see what comes out of me!

Unread 10-21-2005, 05:27 PM
want to see what comes out of me!

My doc was going to keep my organs long enough to show me before sending them off to Pathology, but I was SO sick my first 14 hrs, and then the doc didnt come in until later the nextt day by then it was too late. But I do have a great selection of pictures the anestesiologist took with my camera (per my request) during the surgery. They are AWSOME photos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2005, 05:30 PM

I saw the 5 lb mess that came out of me. I could kick myself for putting this surgery off. I think that's one of the reasons that I feel down. Because I let myself down. I can't wait til I start feeling better. I will be much nicer to me.
Unread 10-22-2005, 08:07 PM

My husband says he has watched his hernia operation on a tv monitor while he has being operated on. He actually enjoyed it. He found it to be interesting. Maybe this would be a alternative?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2005, 08:19 PM
yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsin
My youngest sister has been suffering from severe chronic lower back pain for years, and they've never been able to determine what is causing it -- she's had all sorts of tests that have ruled out all sorts of things, and the doctors are stumped. I am now wondering if maybe she has adhesions that are causing the back pain, I've heard that can happen with endo.

Take care, tamsin
Yes! I have been asking questions about this myself and was informed by my doctor that yes it deffiantly can cause sever low back pain I have been suffering from Endo for to long and back pain as well I too went trhough all the other tests to find a reason for th back pain and nothing! And now I finaly find out that it's most likesy because of my endo, also I have a inlarged tilted uterus in which can cause back pain itself i'm told so Yes get your sister in to be looked at because I know the back pain in itself is awful!!! Hope things go well xoxox
Unread 10-22-2005, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherly
Yes! I have been asking questions about this myself and was informed by my doctor that yes it deffiantly can cause sever low back pain I have been suffering from Endo for to long and back pain as well I too went trhough all the other tests to find a reason for th back pain and nothing! And now I finaly find out that it's most likesy because of my endo, also I have a inlarged tilted uterus in which can cause back pain itself i'm told so Yes get your sister in to be looked at because I know the back pain in itself is awful!!! Hope things go well xoxox
That is so interesting, heatherly, and a good point about the tipped/tilted uterus -- I know mine was, and my mom's, I wonder if my sister's is too & if her doctor considered that as a possible source of her pain. As for the uterus being enlarged, that's a possibility for her too, since she had a HUGE grapefruit-sized fibroid removed when she was a young woman, I suppose it's entirely possible that she might have another big fibroid.

I am definitely going to urge her to get all these things checked out, but I don't think I'll have to urge too hard because she is so sick of that chronic lower back pain I think she's willing to explore any possibility.

xxx tamsin
Unread 10-27-2005, 03:01 AM

I requested pictures before surgery, but I didn't get them. I don't know why, but it didn't happen. All my doctor says is "I'm sorry." Darn it all! I wanted the pictures as much as (or more than) the fix! Then, yesterday, I decided to do a search for leiomyomata, and I was just sickened by what I saw. I wanted so badly to have pictures of what was inside of me (you know, put a face on my tormenter), but now, I feel like I can thank whoever screwed up my request for not getting the pictures.

I actually wonder how helpful it would have been for me to see mine after it was removed, since I had the LSH. It would have just been a heap of flesh pieces once it was morcellated, but still...
Unread 10-27-2005, 11:21 PM

Sorry sisters but I definitely don't want to "see" my removed organs & anthing else they remove! I really don't see the purpose in freaking myself out! I would just pass out,have a nervous breakdown or barf !
Unread 11-02-2005, 08:19 AM

I got a picture of the fibroid because I asked. I practically begged. But I got it . Then I had to ask for it when I woke up. Then the nurses tried to take it from me after she showed it to me. I was firm I told her that I had specially requested this picture, then she let me have it. It is a good thing for you to see; so that you will know exactly why you have suffered all these years. You will also be able to show people in your, family and some friends; who don't beleive that it is such a big thing, to go through that it really is; even more, than they will every realize. I wonder why there is not a place on this site, to post our pictures of the fibroids that we have had removed, so others who have not had their yet surgery can see exactly what they can expect (by size and weight).
Unread 11-02-2005, 03:03 PM

i think i will def ask to have pics taken. I have a morbid sense of curiostiy anyway. :eyes: Will ask my doc at my pre op appt. thanks for posting about this...... i would have never thought about it.

Rhia
Unread 11-02-2005, 07:20 PM

Rhia, you're just a week behind me! Let me know how it works out. I've seen a variety of answers here. Some say they requested and received pictures and some requested and denied pictures. A couple new posts today on my side of the fence. It's good to know I'm not alone and sorry for those squeamish ones! :run3:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register