counting down | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

counting down counting down

Unread 04-16-2002, 02:17 PM
counting down

Hi all,
I am finally moving around again after a long bout with pneumonia. I was worried my surgery might get postponed but I am better so I think we still have a go ahead for May 10. Only 24 days!!! I know it sounds weird but if it weren't for pain and recovery apprehension, I would really be kind of excited about getting this done. It has been such a long year of endless periods and cramps and I will be so glad to have it behind me. I am really worried about the pain and the recovery though. I am a real weiner about pain, and I absolutely have to come in to work for a few hours at two weeks. I only have about three hours of work to get done over a period of three days but I am the only person who can do it and I have about 180 people who won't get paid if I don't. I guess I can go home and pay the price for overdoing it and just hope I have good drugs.
I just bought some really comfy pjs and am recording some music to take to the hospital. I thought that it would be nice to have my favorite music even if I am not awake so I will put my husband in charge of that. I am making lists of things to take and to have at home when I return. And I am totally ignoring the way my house looks (trust me friends, it isn't pretty!). But mostly, I read postings on this web site, and write down how I feel, and then read your responses. I love my husband and my doctor but they can't possibly replace my sisters!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2002, 03:43 PM
Hi Selena

I am rather a newbie here. I am so glad that you got over your pneumonia, and at the same time I am sorry you had it in the first place. All throughout the Fall and Winter I do not even get a sniffle. Last night I felt the dryness behind the nose and today I am a little queazy and sneezing. Now, I hope this does not linger on before my surgery. My pre-op happens to be on the same day as your surgery so I will be with you in spirit. Anyway, sounds like you have a good plan, I didn't even think of making an inventory of things to bring to the hospital or for home afterwards.

Take Care and God Bless You,
Your Hystersister,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register