T too high, E low | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

T too high, E low T too high, E low

Unread 07-15-2021, 10:51 AM
T too high, E low

So knowing everyone is different..... And I do have a Dr. appointment beginning of August. Still having issues with my hair. Hair thinning and not growing. My E levels used to be around the mid 100's or higher. I"m not taking ANY P. Makes me real sick. So that's out of the picture. I'm on T cream. I was on 2mg and started to get acne so we lowered it to 1.5mg. Acne a bit better but... the numbers are still high and I'm wondering IF this could be causing my E to be lower and an issue with my hair? Since we lowered it from 2mg to 1.5mg it did lower a little. From 177 to 159 (total T). Free T is now 8.3 from 11.9. My Dr. will do whatever I chose to do, he does take in lab numbers but mostly goes on how I feel also. My only concern is my hair. If I don't get enough T, I'm tired and no energy. So when I was on a low amount of T, I didn't feel great. Thyroid is ok or where it needs to be for me. I'm low normal and have been forever. Every time they have tried all sorts of different types, my body goes haywire!!! Non stop heart palps, extreme anxiety with daily panic attacks and that's on all different types and dosages. I went thru a year or so with this and we finally decided to leave it alone! The heart palps were so bad - they were 24/7 and I had to keep hitting my chest to make them stop. So thyroid meds were NOT the answer. Number wise on T "normal is as high as 70" but we know that doesn't mean it is normal for me. My DHT was high at one point - I have not had that re tested. But he put me on a DHT blocker but I don't think it's really working that great and I've been on it for about a year or longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2021, 09:18 AM
Re: T too high, E low

The only thing that will help the hair loss and acne is to lower the T. The total and free are really high. Have you ever had an SHBG test done? If the SHBG is like under 60 that can be an issue. Is the high T causing the thyroid issues?
Unread 07-22-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaDot*Mocha View Post
The only thing that will help the hair loss and acne is to lower the T. The total and free are really high. Have you ever had an SHBG test done? If the SHBG is like under 60 that can be an issue. Is the high T causing the thyroid issues?
I have had my SHBG tested but I'd have to find it and it was normal range BUT, it was probably tested back when my T was low. I just re-filled my script - UGH! But next go around, I'm having that T lowered down to 1mg. Just had DHT tested again as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2021, 08:39 AM

I am in the same boat right now. My T is high at 177 and Free T 18. We had been steadily decreasing my T each time I got pellets so this was a surprise. I often feel like I am going to jump out of my own skin.

The other issue was keeping my E high enough so I don't "crash" at week 10. They recommended getting on aldactone, I know this is just temporary until I metabolize the testosterone. We did significantly increase my E - just waiting for it to "kick in."
I have had success with pellets for a while, now all of a sudden this. I wonder if the super hot summer in the south was part of the issue of metabolizing the estrogen so fast. I have had the same estrogen dose for months and months.

I hope the DHT blocker helps you a little. Have you talked to your doctor about skipping the testosterone for a few weeks?

Let us know how you fair/

Catlyn
Unread 08-11-2021, 03:31 PM

I have no experience with testosterone but I have been on estrogen replacement therapy for almost 40 years and I know that the stress of the hot humid summer weather can bring on low estrogen symptoms (and lower serum levels). I have learned to increase my dose a bit in July and August---an ounce of prevention.
Unread 08-11-2021, 05:44 PM

Thanks for that reply. Since they are pellets, I can't increase anything. Looking back I did the same thing last summer. I hope that next year, I can het a patch to cover when the symptoms are low.

The feel likes of 110 with the humidity are brutal.
Unread 12-23-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlyn View Post
I am in the same boat right now. My T is high at 177 and Free T 18. We had been steadily decreasing my T each time I got pellets so this was a surprise. I often feel like I am going to jump out of my own skin.

The other issue was keeping my E high enough so I don't "crash" at week 10. They recommended getting on aldactone, I know this is just temporary until I metabolize the testosterone. We did significantly increase my E - just waiting for it to "kick in."
I have had success with pellets for a while, now all of a sudden this. I wonder if the super hot summer in the south was part of the issue of metabolizing the estrogen so fast. I have had the same estrogen dose for months and months.

I hope the DHT blocker helps you a little. Have you talked to your doctor about skipping the testosterone for a few weeks?

Let us know how you fair/

Catlyn
Hi Catlyn,
Did you ever get your testosterone levels lower? I have really high testosterone. Neither of the docs I use for pellets want to decrease my testosterone...argh! I really would like to try without testosterone in my pellet. I have gained so much weight. My doc gives me 32 Est/75 testosterone pellet. What do you get? Curious...trying to figure mine out.
Unread 12-23-2021, 11:22 AM

Yes my testosterone levels have finally gotten back down. I actually did not get testosterone with my October pellets because it was still around 150. I only got estrogen. I felt amazing those two months.
I am getting pellets next week, but the bottom fell out last week. I chose to wait until next week so I would not be due for pellets when our big trip for Mardi Gras is planned. I am not able to get more than 15/18mg of E currently - there are not a lot of pellet providers in my area. I am hoping to get only 50mg of testosterone. I know my levels are down around 30 right now. I will request to test my testosterone prior to insertion as if it is still over 100 I don't want a testosterone pellet.

This is a new provider I am seeing next week, so we shall see. I like my previous provider, but scheduling has become an issue.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register