Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 111 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hey kappel. I'd be HAPPY to send the snow. I actually thought I'd done pretty good and alot of the snow had melted. Around 7:30 I took one of the dogs out, hit the second step on the stairs and BOOM!!!! I went down like a ton of bricks on the ice. Whacked my backside something fierce! It made me sweat it hurt so bad. I had all I could do to stand back up, bring us both back into the house and tell my mother to get some salt out there before SHE tried to go out. I so wish my DP were home to do the plowing and sanding. My MIL called and commented that I sounded a bit down and I told her "well, I just fell down the stairs outside the house on some ice"... her comment? "Oh... well, can you come for lunch a little earlier tomorrow?" I commented that I was'nt sure I'd be able to get my car out of the driveway or how my leg would be feeling in the morning and she just said, "well, if you decide not to come don't worry... we can always freeze everything for another time." Is it me or was there NO sympathy or feeling in those comments??????? NOT!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2007, 08:15 PM

Princess48 :timeup: -
Unread 03-17-2007, 08:20 PM

Singingmad, don't be surprised if your aches and pains are worse tomorrow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that, please take care, and believe me we all feel your pain! Please don't aggravate yourself further tomorrow by going over there, she obviously doesn't understand...you think she would offer to bring it to you instead wouldn't you? But bless her heart anyways!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2007, 10:57 PM

I can't believe how many postings since I was last on. I don't know where to begin.

Singingmad - So sorry you fell. I hope you feel better soon but IMG20 is right you will probably hurt more tomorrow. Don't worry about the mil. Mine is exactly the same way. She already asked if we were coming to NY for Easter and we said no because it is still uncomfortable for me to sit for more than 45 minutes without getting up to walk around and it is about 2 hours to get to them. They never come up here for a holiday and we have been married for almost 20 years. She calls up and says stupid things to me all the time. She too will be like oh you are still in pain and taking medicine. Just grin and bear it. I try to remind myself (does not always work) that she must have done something right since I fell in love with her son.

To everyone else. Whoever's team won a game congratulations! Who's ever team lost I'm sorry.

We had a ton of snow, at least a foot maybe more. The kids are loving it. I have no problem shipping some to anyone who wants it. Do you think it will arrive as snow LOL?

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening if you are not already asleep.
Unread 03-17-2007, 11:21 PM

Short note before I go to bed. I went to the St. Patrick's Day party. Had a wonderful time socializing and then they pulled out the kereoke (sp?) and I sang and danced and I bet I pay tomorrow!! Talk more to you later.
Karen
Unread 03-18-2007, 12:15 AM

vWow ladies, I was off line for 2 days and now I am way behind. There are so many things I want to comment on. it took me an hour of reading just to catch up.
For those of you that have snow, stay warm and safe.Singingmad sorry about your fall and even sorryer(i don't think that is a word lol) about your mil. I know you are tired of snow, but we would love to have it down here. My kids would be so excited. My dd just got back from a trip to NYC. She had a great time but wishes they could have been in on some of the snow.
Hey all you BB fans, to bad we can't get together and watch the games. I was so happy that A&M pulled it off today. They had me worried for a while. We are also UT(univ of Tx) fans so I will be rooting for them
tomorrow. TX A&M is the fav though.
Kappel, your evening sounds fun!
I made a huge trip to the grocery store today. i took ds with me to push the cart and pick up the heavy stuff, then the kids put most of it away for me when we got home. But it still wore me out!
Hugs to all!
Unread 03-18-2007, 05:59 AM

Pocono- you are not the only one whose family expects them to do all the traveling for visits. Stick to your guns, if you don't feel well enough stay home.

singingmad- sorry about your fall, please rest today.

kappel- sorry about Louisville, not, of course, about UNC. Glad you had a fun time at the party

catnapper- the Big what rules?

IMG- everyone heals at their own rate. Be patient, and you'll get there.
Unread 03-18-2007, 06:12 AM

I'm feeling a little better this morning. I am pretty sure around 2 AM my fever broke, but it could have been a hot flash I woke up and the sheets were soaked through to the blankets.

I still feel like I got hit by a truck, but I don't think I need to lie in bed all day. Although, I might anyway.

I do need to make lesson plans today-- lots to do with a new novel. Luckily my 16 year old is grounded so he will be helping me. I love a grounded teenager!
Unread 03-18-2007, 06:31 AM

Good Morning, I hope everyone is well. After my daring feat (shoveling), I haven't moved, mostly because it hurts.I have been in bed since yesterday.We never made it to the party either.Sleeping is becoming difficult again.I have blood work on Monday, if they can get my car out of the snow.My DH knows now what I did too, he was concerned that I could have messed up my recovery.I can be so stupid sometimes.I will try and rest again all day, and maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Have a nice day
Unread 03-18-2007, 06:33 AM

Actually my pain is a bit less but I"m starting to get multiple bruises across my backside and a few spots are pretty number. Ouch! We'll see how I feel as afternoon approaches. I went out this morning and knocked the icicles off the overhang over those stairs and resalted. But I did NOT go down the stairs. My poor dog went on his own while I stood out there and kept an eye on him.

My MIL is always saying things without a care for how they sound. She doesn't speak english as a first language so sometimes we can blame it on that but for the most part she is a major controller and if (for whatever reason) someone else is going to have any reason to control things (even if its due to my limitations on activity) she doesn't like it. Also, I find she is much more apt to be understanding and help if you're one of those helpless people. If I'd called crying and asking could they PLEASE come over to help me, they probably would, but its more than an hour drive for them! I only ask for help if its an actual emergency. Guess I heard "The Boy Who Cries Wolf" one too many times when I was younger. LOL

Well, the sun is out and the snow is beginning to melt. Normally I LOVE the snow... got some beautiful snow shoes last winter and was hoping to use them this year but looks like 2008 will be my year for that! In my area we sometimes get a good dump of snow as late as MAY! So I know we're not out of the clear yet. I'm going to head down and get myself some breakfast and lie on the couch for a bit. MAYBE in a couple hours I'll brave the shower and see how the snow is doing around my car.

Hope those of us who managed to party yesterday aren't feeling too much worse for wear this morning!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register