Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 208 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

I can tell you ladies a short story about how bad college safety it is and how hard it is to secure these buildings. My daughter is a professional ballerina and was dancing the Nutcracker one year at The Richard Stockton College of NJ and there was this man (homeless) sitting in one of the lobby areas where the children that rehearse play around. We called campus police and they said they could not chase him off because he is alumni. He goes from college to college every year with his green trash bags loaded with his belongings. Here this man had some sort of breakdown and jsut wanders like this. It really scared us. Eventually he did move on. Then we have Rowan College in NJ you can't secure that place too much becase a main county road runs right thru the center of campus. It is absolutrly pitiful that this has had to reach to this point. Killing kids trying to begin a life. I am not rich and I don't blame the wealthy on that. These kids do not know how to deal with the let downs of life. Just really really sad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 10:11 PM

I'm not sure how this would apply to our recoveries, but when I had my shoulder surgery last year I was told that if I didn't keep it in motion I would get adhesions. I suppose we walk a fine line between doing too much and too little. My tummy gets hard and swollen after working all day. It's getting better though. The pains have lessened and it seems to be just generally achy. I've really been watching my diet and drinking lots of water.
Unread 04-17-2007, 11:01 PM

Nan, no, the customer I was working with the other day will be coming in tomorrow to place their order. Thank goodness, I've been working with them for a year. The deal I was worried about was one that I closed the last week of March. They ordered about $14,000 of furniture, including the most expensive mattress we sell. The day before their furniture was to be delivered the warehouse mgr. found out that their bedding wasn't in the warehouse as the computer had indicated so our operations mgr. made the brilliant decision to deliver the floor sample. It hadn't been on display more than a couple of weeks but people are very touchy about bedding that the general public has been testing out. Our equally brilliant whse mgr. didn't take the "SAMPLE" tags off of the mattress so of course the customer became suspicious. Had I known of the situation, I would have called the customer and given them the choice of taking the floor sample at a discount or waiting another week for a brand new one. Anyway, we've worked things out and the deal is saved.

Theresa, just a thought...I had always gone to male docs in the past but decided to choose a female gyn last fall when I found out I had a cyst. You could get an equally spacey woman doc, too, but I really like going to a woman for women's issues. If you're not comfortable with this guy you should probably switch.

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 05:46 AM

Happy Anniversary 10 weeks post op. Just wanted to let everyone know I woke up with no pain today. So that is a good thing but now I am nervous to continue doing what I was doing yesterday bec I don't want the pain to come back. Hope everyone has a good day today.
Unread 04-18-2007, 06:47 AM

Hi Cat, I don't have a problem with male dr I did have a female once but she was great until she had a baby then seem not to be all there. I just want a dr who takes a patient seriuosly. My pcp dr does and so does my cardiologist. I think now that I have been found with some major issues I need someone who is going to take my health seriously and don't pass it off as another hysterectomy patient going thru menopause. There are still other issues going on from the surgery and want them addresses properly. I'll look around thru friends and see how they like thiers.
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:02 AM

I'm with you pocono. Watching that stuff on tv yesterday just got me so down. And this morning they had a forensic psych person on there explaining that the shooter was in such a bad place that he didn't even see those students and teachers as humans... he'd disassociated to such an extent and had such a narcissistic mindset that he was basically "it" in this world with no one else mattering. Its so sad all together. I've been in a relationship with someone who verged on losing sight of people's human side... not caring at ALL about others. Its usually the result of some HUGE psychiatric issues. Its really too bad that all the red flags that went up about this kid didn't result in action to help him long before all this happened. We basically all have to realize that every day is a treasure and we should NEVER assume we are safe.... we could be taken at any time and that's the beauty of life. That is why it is so precious!
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:03 AM

Yes Happy 10 weeks today. I am doing ok going to get a mammogram tomorrow. Hope everyone is getting better bye!
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:13 AM

Hi all my sisters yes it is so sad on what happed at Virginia Tech. I am so afried to send my kids to collage now. It is sad that we are not safe any where. You can't go and eat any where and be safe so we have to be looking at our surounding at all time how can we not enjoy our without being afried. Well I am doing ok still sore no energy going to call the Dr tomorrow and also going for a mammorgram. Well hope everyone is doing better bye to all.
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:19 AM

Hi everyone. I am still in shock over the shootings. I keep trying to think of how it could of been handled better. The problem is it doesn't change what did happen.

I don't have a bad doctor. I have a great doctor but I had the WORST radiology tech for my mammogram yesterday. I left in tears.

I showed up for my appointment at11:40am and was taken back to the ultrasound room. The u/s tech was very kind and while she was scanning my neck she asked where my lump was (breast). I told her I didn't have a lump, this was a follow up for some previous lumps, and my family history, and the lumpectomy I had 3 years ago. She said it wouldn't really help to u/s the breast if I didn't have a palpable lump so she was going to call my dr. to see if they could do a digital mammogram.

I was walked back to a dressing room where I waited for 25 minutes. Just as I was opening the door to check on what was happening the mammogram tech walked in. She said "Sign this" and threw a paper at me. I asked what it was. She said "since you are only 29 and don't need a mammogram you need to sign this stating you will pay when your insurance declines the test." I told her I didn't mind paying but that my insurance would cover it b/c it was follow up for a lump that was found previously and that my mom died of cancer at 47 and her sister had a double mastectomy at 43 and her aunt died of breast cancer at 35.

She said "the American Cancer Society only recommends a routine mammogram 10 years prior to your family members diagnosis." I said, OK that would put me at 25, now shut up and do your job. She said "excuse me" I said you heard me, shut up and do your **** job. I was sooooo mad. I told her that she was the most unprofessional woman I had ever met, that if it were four years earlier I would have been in tears the rest of the day.

Then she came over with the lead apron to protect my uterus. I said didn't you read my chart, I had a hysterectomy. She said, "you need to wear it anyway." Then I lost it. I just started bawling. I told her I was writing her manager a letter. She said "you don't even know who that is." I explained to her that my sister works for her company and that that wouldn't be a problem. Then she got all nice and wanted to show me the pictures and apologize. I am still in shock. I have a three page letter drafted. I hope they serioulsy look at it because she has no business working with women facing cancer or with a history of cancer.

Sorry for the book but I knew you girls would understand. Thank you for letting me pour my heart out.
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookah212
Hi everyone. I am still in shock over the shootings. I keep trying to think of how it could of been handled better. The problem is it doesn't change what did happen.

I don't have a bad doctor. I have a great doctor but I had the WORST radiology tech for my mammogram yesterday. I left in tears.

I showed up for my appointment at11:40am and was taken back to the ultrasound room. The u/s tech was very kind and while she was scanning my neck she asked where my lump was (breast). I told her I didn't have a lump, this was a follow up for some previous lumps, and my family history, and the lumpectomy I had 3 years ago. She said it wouldn't really help to u/s the breast if I didn't have a palpable lump so she was going to call my dr. to see if they could do a digital mammogram.

I was walked back to a dressing room where I waited for 25 minutes. Just as I was opening the door to check on what was happening the mammogram tech walked in. She said "Sign this" and threw a paper at me. I asked what it was. She said "since you are only 29 and don't need a mammogram you need to sign this stating you will pay when your insurance declines the test." I told her I didn't mind paying but that my insurance would cover it b/c it was follow up for a lump that was found previously and that my mom died of cancer at 47 and her sister had a double mastectomy at 43 and her aunt died of breast cancer at 35.

She said "the American Cancer Society only recommends a routine mammogram 10 years prior to your family members diagnosis." I said, OK that would put me at 25, now shut up and do your job. She said "excuse me" I said you heard me, shut up and do your **** job. I was sooooo mad. I told her that she was the most unprofessional woman I had ever met, that if it were four years earlier I would have been in tears the rest of the day.

Then she came over with the lead apron to protect my uterus. I said didn't you read my chart, I had a hysterectomy. She said, "you need to wear it anyway." Then I lost it. I just started bawling. I told her I was writing her manager a letter. She said "you don't even know who that is." I explained to her that my sister works for her company and that that wouldn't be a problem. Then she got all nice and wanted to show me the pictures and apologize. I am still in shock. I have a three page letter drafted. I hope they serioulsy look at it because she has no business working with women facing cancer or with a history of cancer.

Sorry for the book but I knew you girls would understand. Thank you for letting me pour my heart out.
Wow now I am scared to get mine done tomorrow. Thank you for telling us what happed. Sorry you had to have someone so mean.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register