12 days post full hysterectomy & BSO - clary sage for night sweats? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 days post full hysterectomy & BSO - clary sage for night sweats? 12 days post full hysterectomy & BSO - clary sage for night sweats?

Unread 06-29-2020, 03:21 PM
12 days post full hysterectomy & BSO - clary sage for night sweats?

I had a full hysterectomy one week ago. 53 and haven’t started menopause yet, but because of the hysterectomy, I know it’s coming. I have read about clary sage essential oil helping with night sweats. Has anyone tried this? I am not on any type of hormones yet because my doctor is waiting until we see what menopausal symptoms I experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2020, 03:54 PM
Re: clary sage for night sweats

I havent heard of that one but I heard DIM or evening primrose is good for menopause symptoms. Being 39 I have to be on hormones, which sucks.
Unread 06-30-2020, 05:01 AM
12 days post full hysterectomy & BSO - clary sage for night sweats?

and

I’ve not read much about clary sage one way or another, except that it might help with some menopause symptoms. The one piece of advice I have read is that people with low blood pressure should not use clary sage.You may wish to explore the discussion threads in our Hormone and Menopause Central forum, a good place for all things hormonal. For now I would suggest you start Keeping a Symptom Journal as you start noticing symptoms. That way you and your doctor will both see what you’re dealing with and can come up with a plan of action tailored to your needs.

Since you've just joined us, you might find these resources helpful in knowing what to expect during these first weeks:I'd also like to invite you to connect with your Recovery Thread for women who had surgery the same week as you at Recovery Progress Reports for June 15-21. Recovery Threads are wonderful for getting support, comparing notes, encouraging others, and keeping one another company.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2020, 03:29 AM
Re: 12 days post full hysterectomy & BSO - clary sage for night sweats?

I use clary sage along with black cohosh. Evening primrose is another one that helps. I’m trying to avoid HRT, just my personal opinion. Good luck!!
Unread 07-01-2020, 04:39 AM
Re: 12 days post full hysterectomy & BSO - clary sage for night sweats?

One likely reason why I've sailed through menopause symptom-free without HRT is because my diet includes regular servings of plant estrogens from organic soy products. If it isn't contraindicated for you, 2-3 daily servings of organic tofu, edamame, or soy milk can help with hormonal balance. Best wishes for finding what works for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register