For all the young ones on here! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

For all the young ones on here! For all the young ones on here!

Unread 03-17-2004, 04:33 PM
For all the young ones on here!

31 western canada, married with 1 child.

Happy life changing decision. I have an 8 year old step daughter. No children of my own. We tried for a while to get pregnant on the grounds that if it doesnt happen then I would have this surgery. Ive been fighting Endometriosis for 7 years now, the type of endo that doesnt show well and also "Endosalpingosis" a differant type of endoish curse. Even know with my hysterectomy, everything looked not to bad but a few adheisens from last surgery. Doctor thinks its Andeomotris, we will see when the pathology report comes back.

Anyways i truely have been looking forward to getting this done for about 3 years now. It's going to be an awesome summer Pain free !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2004, 07:41 PM
"emotional express"

I know how hard the "emotional express" can be....my sister had her uterus removed like 4 months ago...she has 4 kids and was totally done so there was no emotional attachment to her uterus, where me on the other hand am 29 yrs old,( was blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful girls), but i did want to have another baby, but as the time went on the pain got more intense and the bleeding got heavier. so i had to make a decision.....put my family through hell just so i can try and concieve another baby, or have the surgery and make our overall lifestyles less stressful. it gets hard to watch your kids watch you lay in bed for days at a time cuz you are in pain....i had to put them first. so i had my surgery on 2/20/2004 .... i am feeling better physically, but the mental part i guess will come slowly lol....i sometimes cry myself to sleep with the realization that i will never again carry another baby. but i just have to remember why i did it....

try to keep strong, and ill keep you in my prayers.....
Unread 03-17-2004, 08:46 PM

Even though I have 3 children and did not plan to have anymore, I feel that sense of loss also. I was scheduled to have a tubal after my 3rd child and when I asked my doctor when he would do it, he said today if you haven't eaten anything. Well guess what---I had eaten my breakfast. He said no big deal, you can have it done in 4 weeks before going back to work. I had those 4 weeks to think about it and never had it done. I did not want anymore children, but I could not bring myself to have it. I had to think long and hard about this hysterectomy. It is a real funny thing when you don't plan to have anymore children and do not want any more, but the decision is hard.

I am glad of the decision that I made, but dread getting adjusted on hormones. I am 33 and will be put on hormones in a few weeks. I can feel myself getting edgy and the hot flashes at night are becoming bothersome. I have not had any of these symptoms until last week.

TAH/RSO, appendectomy, peritoneal stripping due to endometriosis and severe adhesions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Also feel sad

I am only 29 and I had a still born daughter and a son that lived 3 hours in 1996. I was blessed finally with a son in 1998.

I still to this day "want" another child. If I sit and think about it, it makes me very sad. Although rationally, I know I did what was in my best interests, I'm still second guessing myself, just for the reason that I wanted 1 more child. And the worst part? I had a tubal in 1999 and my husband had a vasectomy in 1998.........and I still wanted kids.

Tell me how crazy is that?
Unread 03-17-2004, 09:52 PM
me too

Hi. I had the same feeling as you, only I'm not so young! I'm 42. I certainly have no interest in having anymore kids. And I certainly have no regrets about ending my periods, which were a problem to me since I was 10 years old But strangly enough, I felt a longing..... a yearning....I missed something. Something was taken away from me. I especially felt it if I lightly placed my hand over my incision....it's our womanhood. We lost a very important part of our female anatomy. I know it doesnt make sense. I had cancer of the uteris and cervix. I really really needed to get rid of that organ. Yet my body wanted to keep it somehow....weird, eh? Oh well, dont worry, we're better off without it
Love, Martha
Unread 03-17-2004, 10:13 PM

I am 23....Sometimes i get sad.....that i can never have anymore children...I have 2 sons that i love more then life it's self....I believe that God doesn't give us anymore then we can handle...and that it was his will that i have these 2 great boys...I had to have my tubes tied after my last son...but i still had the hope that i would have that reversed and carry another child...But like you i had a life of pain...and a ton of other things going on.....so i had to have an tah.....Now i still have an empty feeling.....I said before somewhere on here that i grieve for another child.......But i know that,i can adopt a child and that i can be a mother again even without a uterus.....There are so many children in this world that need the love that we can give them...
You know it's sad that there are children that no one wants,loves,or care about....When there are so many woman like us that would love to have a child......So i hold on to the thought that i can save a child from this harsh world and be a mother to another child......I understand your feelings.....But look farther then that...look at the things that we as caring loving woman can do for this world.....do for ourselves...do for a child....
Unread 03-17-2004, 11:33 PM

Aloha from Hawaii---
I turned 40 late last year. (LAVH on 3/2/04 for fibroids, uterine artery embolization did not work). The issue of children was a big one for me--- my doctors had been recommending hysterectomy for years (since I was in my early 30's) but I said no because I thought I would meet someone, marry and have children. Well, life did not turn out that way.
However, even though I feel sad about losing my uterus and the capacity to have children, having the LAVH was best for my overall health--- even if I could get pregnant, my docs told me straight out that it would likely end in a miscarriage (because of the size and locations of fibroids). It takes time to physically and emotionally get over something like this. But, please know that you are not alone.
Unread 03-18-2004, 03:39 AM

I am 30 and have been married 11 years. I have no children (not for the lack of trying) and go into surgery on the 29. I guess if this is what was meant for me I will have to deal with it. I guess there is a reason I never had children and now this has to happen to finalize everything. It was already tuff at babyshowers and gatherings, but I will survive. Good luck to all. Fairy blessings always.
Unread 03-18-2004, 10:40 AM

I will be 25 next month and had a TVH on 1-29-04. I am still dealing with my sense of loss. I have one wonderful son and one soon to be step son who spends most of his time on the west coast with his mom. I had always wanted another baby. My fiance' is 12 years older than me so he was not sure he wanted more. We talked about it some and then when I finally found a doctor who paid attention to me and what I was saying she said the only way to get better was to have the hyst. So, we decided that if we did decide we wanted more children we would adopt. I know there are many children who need homes, but I still always wanted to have another one of my own. I liked being pregnant. Sometimes now I dream about being pregnant, that makes this even harder.

I think the hardest part about doing this when you are so young is you sometimes question whether you did the right thing or not, if you should have waited longer. At least that is the case with me.

Take care of yourselves and each other.
CHarity
Unread 03-18-2004, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lolabee
I'm 35 and definatly have that sense of loss. My only child is 20 months, and it took a long time to conceive her, and I worry constently about her not having a brother or sister. I also worry about her having an accident and dying, leaving us childless. Just this morning, she slept later than usual, and I had to have my DH go in and check on her. I was worried that she wouldn't wake up and I know I couldn't face being the one to find her.

I'm not sure when this feeling of loss will go away, if ever. I'm eternally greatful for my wonderful, creative, loving daughter, but I know I'll always have a little regret.
Hi Laura,

I know how you are feeling about an only child, but let me tell you from experience, it works out okay. My son is now 20 YEARS old! He made it fine without any brothers or sisters. I still, to this day, feel guilty about not providing him with a brother or sister, even though it couldn't be helped, and also worry that something will happen to him. (Wait until she starts driving and then see how much you worry)! As a mother, you never stop worrying, but just wanted to let you know he did turn out okay. He has always been a little shy, but has lots of friends, and we made it a point to never go overboard on spoiling him just because he was an only child, (except at Christmas)! and we constantly get compliments on what a nice guy he is. Everything will work out for you all. Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register