Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 251 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hemmys I think if I know what you are referring to....lots of itching and sometimes bleeding.

I just did "X" today and I have bleeding and quite a bunch of pain, so I guess I will call the new OB and get a consult appt. to find out why I'm bleeding. Rats. That's my karma for thinking I'd never have to wear a pad again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2007, 12:11 PM

What a mess of today is so far. Only had a half day of school today so went in to do breakfast no lunch. Was supposed to get my granddaughter and get pictures taken. But my DD called and said one of our dogs head was tilted alot to the left. So left work and came home and looked like she had a stroke. I took her to the vet and he said her left ear was a little infected but not alot and because of her age 10 years old husky-collie he had to do blood work. Gave me meds for her ear. Hopefullly only an earinfection but will find out soon if she had a stroke. Otherwise we should put her down. DD said no way. but we will have to see. Alot of money though. Today was just 400 dollars. And inbetween all that stopped to see a girlfriend who just got home from a hyster yesterday. I brought her a care package. What a day so far. exhausted already. I'm not going to get my granddaughter today.
Unread 09-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Sad, Law

Sad your day is going so poorly, Law. Sorry to hear about the dog. That will be a tough decision; I'm hoping it's just the ear infection and not a stroke.

Well, the doc's office didn't call me 'by 1:30' and now I have to get my granddaughter at her daycare and so the nurse will call between 3-5 when 'all ears' are listening to MY call for once. How do I say I had 'x' when no one in the house is supposed to KNOW that??? I'm just going to tell the kids I was spotting a bit and need to check it out and then I'll go hide in the closet to talk, just like my teen.

Good luck, Law!! There should be medical insurance that is very affordable (well, even human insurance often isn't affordable) for pets. I have had pets and sometimes I paid so much to keep them healthy I could have started a zoo with the dollars. I will say a little prayer. I admire you for taking a care package to your friend, too! That is worth a couple of zillion for today.

Over and out. I'm a bit frustrated w/my bleeding. From what I'm reading I probably have a 'granule'....UGH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefante64
Simplyme: your daughter's LD sounds similar to my daughter's. Her verbal IQ is over 135. Her performance IQ is about 33 points lower. It makes SO many problems. There are four books written about it..........I told one teacher I'm bringing the books to hang onto during conferences next month.

At the college where I work, all she would have to do is show her scores and she would get accommodations for her nonverbal LD..... but in the public schools it is the total opposite. We weaned her off an IEP when she was one point away from qualifying for math assistance. Sigh. And math is in EVERything.........esp. the sciences, too. Well, your child and mine sound similar. There is a great school in my area for kids w/LD and my kid went there for two summers to work on math and 'social interaction'...... it costs an arm/leg and i always hold it over her head if things don't work out in public schools.... except she really needs the social interaction with other kids. The special ed school here holds a college fair each year to let the public know what colleges will accommodate LD people. My community college is EXCELLENT in doing accommodations.

Good luck w/finding a college that fits! it's a struggle, isn't it? P.S. ADD and ADHD 'qualify' for accommodations. My daughter's "NLD" isn't on the states list of 'approved' LD's in public schools. That's why we can't get an IEP or even a 504, I've heard. My sister in law has her MA in special ed and while she helped me a lot in lower grades, now we are kind of on our own. I just 'give up' in some instances. I'm afraid my kid won't even graduate h.s. (my other DD didn't/wasn't diagnosed ADD until college!!!)..... I just try to take it a day at a time. Thanks for sharing, though..........at least I'm not 100 percent alone. I appreciate you sharing the info. Good luck to us both, eh?

Bye for now. I'm going to go back to grading. If I do it bit by bit I can survive. I am enjoying it, actually.
My son was not diagnosed with ADHD until he was a Sophomore in college also. He breezed through hS, member of NHS, took college prep classes. But when he got to college everything changed.
He does have an accomodations plan in place at St. Norbert. He does not have the need for it much anymore but knows it is there for him.

The special program at the college, uwo is specific to reading disorders. our HS does not test specifically for reading disorders since 3 rd grade.

It is frustrating but we will get through it!

SM
Unread 09-21-2007, 01:57 PM
10 weeks today

Well ladies,
It is 10 weeks today. I had my doctor appointment. he said the pain on my bottom sounds like nerve damage. That is what it feels like too. It is getting better and he said it will continue to get better with time.

He gave me a new script for a more effective suppository. Don't want to over do it also.

Anyway all is good. Have a nice weekend ladies!

SM
Unread 09-21-2007, 02:19 PM

Simplyme, sounds good. I'm glad the sore bottom will improve w/time. I myself am waiting for a call from the nurse re: my bleeding and to see if I need to go see the new OBGYN lady next week.

Thanks for the news re: LD stuff. I checked the grades again and now DD has an "F" in science, too.....when she called in she said she knew and she is going to try and figure out how to 're-do' it or do it better next time. Hopefully that, coupled w/my email re: the LD stuff, will help.

You are right..............somehow we will get thru it all. Again, thanks for sharing all the info. It's good to know others are in the same circumstances.

Have a safe evening. I have to go to a big dinner at my parents' house and then drive two teens way far away for a party in the pitch dark and then granddaughter and I return home late tonight. I'm not looking forward to ANY of it! Esp. since I am an a.m. person, not a p.m. person.

A good evening to all the sisters..................
Unread 09-21-2007, 05:34 PM

Hi everyone! Heven't posted in awhile. Does the thread on the sisters chat still exist? I couldn't find it. Is this where we meet now? Please let me know. Hope everyone is feeling well!
Unread 09-21-2007, 06:21 PM

Hi girls, thanks for all of the well wishes and for the list of food that may help with constipation. You wouldnt believe what actually helped me "go" this morning.....McDonald's coffee!!! I havent had real coffee in over a year, since my first lap when i was diagnosed with the endo, i stopped the caffeine. But today, it helped me with the constipation troubles I am having. So I'm thinking maybe one cup in the mornings wont hurt if helps me "go" I know, TMI.....but where else can I go and vent over stuff like this? I'm already driving my hubby crazy with all of this. Thank God he is a patient man. Sorry to hear about your dog Law. I hope it wasnt a stroke after all. I cant believe how expensive it is to take a pet to the vet. geez! Jenn, how ya feelin? you mentioned a new mattress for my back, but ironically we bought a new one two years ago because I was already having back pain........we were thinking it was the endo causing the back pain and a new mattress would help. ugh!
Unread 09-21-2007, 06:23 PM

Simplyme, if you do have nerve damage is that something that goes away by itself????
Unread 09-21-2007, 06:31 PM

Hi there byfaith, just catching up on all the posts. I love Friday nights because it has become my official "hystersister" night. Anyway, i wanted to tell you that I too have a heightened sense of smell since the surgery. Its so weird isnt it? Scents that didnt bother me before, really bother me now like an air freshener that we use that gets plugged into the wall. i've used them for years and now I cant stand them. So many "little" things are different since the surgery. Alot of people wouldnt believe us if we were to talk about it.

I feel bad for Law and all of the lifting .......Law, do you use something around your waist like a special belt or waistband to help you. You must be exhausted on Fridays.

My back, hips, and legs hurt so much at the end of the day. Do you feel like that?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register