Scheduled dVH/RALH cervix removal or not? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cervix removal or not? cervix removal or not?

Unread 05-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Re: cervix removal or not?

They took my cervix and I have had no period for one year come May 5th! I have no regrets. All i have left is my right ovary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2009, 08:17 PM

This is to all of the girls here undecided.

I had the same choice as you to make. I chose to have mine removed. I have had abnormal paps in the past and had to have cells removed. But this was 16 yrs ago, Doc said since everything had been healthy since and it was not cancer It would not make a difference.

First of all Do your research.

Look at a few of the pros and cons,

If you keep your cervix, You could still have mini periods, you will still have yearly exams but you should have a shorter recovery time.
No vaginal cuff

If you have it taken out, you will not have the mini periods, you will not have yearly exams and you will have a longer recovery time.
Vaginal cuff.

As far as extra cirricular activities. I have seen it go both ways on both procedures.

I have not been cleared for that yet but I don't think it will be a problem as I have had um many dreams and have had spontanious orgasms with them and it has felt great.

These are just the tip of the ice burg. You will have to decide what is best for YOU.

Do LOT'S of research and talk to your DR and make an informed decision. Get a 2nd opinion if you need or want to. This is your body and once it is gone you can't put it back. But if you leave it and later need it out you can.

Good luck to all of you.

Don't forget to smile
Unread 05-07-2009, 01:39 AM

Well today's the day. I was supposed to have the surgery the 19th, but they changed it because the robot is available now. I really couldn't sleep so I got up and did some last minute things. Yesterday I cleaned the house spotlessly and vac'd and cleaned my car. My husband is a sweetheart and is being very supportive and insists he'll be a great help. I've got to be at the hospital for 5:30 AM. I'm never hungry in the morning, but of course today I am. I'll let you know how things went in the next few days. I'll either be home later today or tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2009, 05:51 AM

See you back here soon!
Unread 05-07-2009, 10:47 AM

LucyNana, I have you in my thoughts and prayers today. Things will only look up from here. Let us know how you are. Sending big hugs your way.
Unread 05-09-2009, 07:20 PM

I had the surgery Thursday and came home The next day due to the nausea and dizziness. I have never done well with anesthesia anyway. I feel stronger today and trying to do little things. I have to say the worst for me is the gas pains. I know once I'm regular again I'll feel great. I already notice the difference with all that pressure gone. Thanks for all the support.
Unread 05-09-2009, 07:23 PM

The missing pressure is one of the things I first noticed, also. I am so glad everything went well for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register