Stomach problems pre-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stomach problems pre-op Stomach problems pre-op

Unread 04-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Stomach problems pre-op

My surgery is April 27th, and for the past week or so I've been having stomach problems. Mostly very loose stools in the morning, but not all day. Plus a lot of gas pains. I'm wondering if this could be a biproduct of all the stress I feel. My stomach does tend to churn when I get stressed.

Has anyone else dealt with this? I'm hoping it's not something worse than stress. I feel like I'm falling apart, I'm aching, not like when you're sick, but just aches, maybe from the stress.
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Re: Stomach problems pre-op

My nickname at home and with family memebers is "Heatheria" it's really not that funny to me becuase it's no fun dealing with it. During stressful times my stomache goes crazy and I get hives. I was blessed with my Grandma's nerves and anxiety. Everything I eat goes right through me. I can't imagine what I will be like the week of. Sitting on the toilet and scratching. Fun times!! My husband jokes you don't even need to do the bowel prep as you will do all on your own. I chickend out and did not ask for anything to calm my nerves but I'm thinking I am gonna have to call and ask.

This is a very scary time hugs to you I can relate. Stress is bad enough as it is then compound stomach issues on top and it's really bad. The achyness could definatly be caused my stress and tension for sure. I feel for you honey!! Good Luck!
Unread 04-21-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatsgil View Post
My husband jokes you don't even need to do the bowel prep as you will do all on your own. I chickend out and did not ask for anything to calm my nerves but I'm thinking I am gonna have to call and ask.
I know, I told the doctor that at least this way I'll have less to get out next Tuesday. lol I did tell her and she didn't react to it, so maybe this is just normal for us worrying types.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2011, 12:06 PM

Hi,

I think it absolutely could be stress causing your stomach problems--I know it sure does impact me and my tummy. I also know that when I am under stress, it is the time to stick to non-spicy, 'plain' sorts of foods like soups, noodles, crackers and cheese, and so on. I also find soy milk a big help, though I admit not everyone likes it.

Hope your stomach feels better soon!

Dee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register