Still Bleeding..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still Bleeding..... Still Bleeding.....

Unread 09-26-2002, 07:42 AM
Still Bleeding.....

o.k. i am still bleeding after d&c 7 days now. not really heavy, just **** annoying. is this the norm?? it seems like it was better before d&c because at least it stopped. Not sure what to expect. anyone have a d&c with continued bleeding afterward. I don't mean to whine, but geesh enough already.

Faith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2002, 07:48 AM
Still Bleeding.....

((Faith)),
I had the same thing happen to me Unfortunately for me the bleeding never stopped and continued as I was wheeled into the OR 3 months later for my Hyst. What I experienced was not the norm. Has your Dr suggested any reason why it has not stopped? Hopefully it will let up soon! Bigs and please let us know how your doing....
Unread 09-26-2002, 08:55 AM
Still Bleeding.....

D&C showed nothing; well that was quick note he gave me after surgery; only thing he touched on was that I had a lot of tissue growth. Maybe it is my period, but that would be unusual but then this is an unusual time of life.... I really would love things to stop soon as I am scheduled to fly to St. Lucia next saturday for a week. Having a hard time getting excited when this is going on... My followup appt. with dr. is next week, but I am thinking about giving him a call again to speak directly with him this time. Hate to be a pain in the neck, but.... that's why they get paid the big bucks.

Faith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2002, 12:28 PM
Still Bleeding.....

Faith, I bled lightly for up to a month after my d&c. My period was very heavy and painful. I'm dreading my next period, they are always heavy and painful. Doc said because of enlarged uterus. If this prometrium dosent make me sick maybe it will help. Kinda sick last night but I'm hoping it was the chinese food.
Unread 09-26-2002, 12:50 PM
Still Bleeding.....

well i sure hope i don't keep going for a month; that will be the ultimate pain. i will try provera on vacation if i have to. this sure is fun huh. I am voting that chinese food put you over the top. maybe you have to take it with food or without food or whatever. take care

Faith
Unread 10-02-2002, 05:26 PM
Bleeding after D&C

I had a hysteroscopy and D&C in February and bled lightly until my period was due which was quite heavy. After the period I continued to spot and bleed intermittently until my next period which was a flood to say the least but this was more due to playing around with BC pills in the vain hope we could control the bleeding this way.

My Dr told me that some women bleed for 2-4 weeks afterwards following a D&C and that it was normal (pity he didn't tell me that before the procedure - I thought I'd actually get some relief for once!)

regards
Xaviera

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register